Poor Clock Management --once again

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are down by 14 with over 8 minutes to go and the team is still taking their time getting to the line. We use up 5 minutes to score and give the ball to them with just over 3 min. to play.
You can use tyhe hurry up offense any time in the game why not use it to save yourself some time to get the ball back.?
The coaching on the offensive side is terrible!!!!

Kyle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very true. We appear to be unable to call more than one play at a time. WTF? A successful team must be able to effectively run the hurry up. Why doesn't Favre say something about this poor clock management? He has run it in the past without a problem, but Sherman and Rossley can't get the plays in there fast enough. Boo.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Personally...

i think Favre just doesn't give a **** any more..and who could blame him...
He figures it's all on his shoulders (and it is..) So..win or lose..i'm gonna toss the rock...even if my receivers can not get consistently open...

I'm sure he's sick of pulling SherRossley's fat out of the fire week in and week out..and for what reason....

To be criticized if he throws a few interceptions..if i were him..i'd say f*** it too..SherRossley pull your own *** out of the fire..i'm tired of covering for your lame *****...

I bet net and Musscy and a few others were DYING to blame lost weeks loss to the Vickies on Favre..but couldn't...now you can blame away....

but really..if you think about it...it's not Favre's fault...this team was lost long ago by one Mike Sherman!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack66. I actually sort of agree with you. At times I get the feeling that Brett just plays irresponsible sand-lot football. Today being a classic example.

But as usual you resort to your sophmoric pre-conceived notions.

Honestly...were the wrs not getting open today?!? Were the Packers not moving the ball?!? Did you watch the game today?

Pack14

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The clock management has been poor all year. Not sure what to say about this season. It has been a long time since we have been out of it this early in the season. Can things get better???? I hope so, not going to count on it.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Larry McCarren and Wayne Laravee agree with me...they had no problem getting open, and as they repeated at least 3 times in the 2nd half broadcast, so long as the Packers didn't turn it over, the bengals couldn't stop them. Play calling, execution, whatever you want to say was working just fine today.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't have a problem with the clock management. If the defense had not allowed a first down, the offense would've had two minutes to score. Instead, they only had one minute, and Chatman gave up about ten yards of field position and several more seconds by not catching the punt.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was over an 80 yard drive. I know that's a 45 second job in Madden but it takes a little longer in real life. God you people are unbelievable sometimes.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
it was over an 80 yard drive. I know that's a 45 second job in Madden but it takes a little longer in real life. God you people are unbelievable sometimes.

:lol: back in the mid '90s when Sharpe was on the team, heck, even when Freeman or Shroeder were in their prime, it was maybe 2 plays and 15 seconds...TOPS! :)

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:

Good point, lol, I am spoiled in Madden.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That timeout - before the 2:00 minute warning... was totally wasted by Mike Sherman.
I'm surprised Marvin Lewis was on the other side..laughing....

Mikey needs to get a clue... somewhere... Ebay?

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
That timeout - before the 2:00 minute warning... was totally wasted by Mike Sherman.
I'm surprised Marvin Lewis was on the other side..laughing....

Mikey needs to get a clue... somewhere... Ebay?

Hey Prez If Marvin was not laughing I was, by this time I consider the season lost and I will only have a good time laughing at all of this Sherman and Rossley crap I really hope Brett gets to see TT and tells him that if he wants to have #4 back next year he needs to get at least a good OC !!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts