Ponder to start against the Packers

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the best move! We need to see if this kid is the future, so throw him in the deep end and see if he swims. The best part is with him in we will lose most of the rest of our games and still be in the Suck for Luck Sweepstakes. I got money on the Packers this weekend, so ya gotta cover my 8.5 spread. That should be easy money.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
8.5 on the spread? I was thinking they would be 14 point favorites again. Last week they were 17 on the spread, can't remember last time I seen that before.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
8.5 on the spread? I was thinking they would be 14 point favorites again. Last week they were 17 on the spread, can't remember last time I seen that before.
That's because in the world of bad teams, the Vikings are not as bad as the Rams. Plus they get 3 points for being at home. So figure 11.5.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with this take. Although I think the Vikings are doing this just to see what they have in Ponder....they are already looking at next years draft.

Furthermore you should never bow down to the fans...like the Packer fanbase who wanted TT and McCarthy fired and booed Rodgers in traning camp. Now they leap to their defense at the slightest attack. Packers orginzation did it right not listening to the fickle fanbase.

But, with Mcnabb they are 1-5, they cant really do any worse with him so why not try something different.
Its obviously not working out with Mcnabb

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
But, with Mcnabb they are 1-5, they cant really do any worse with him so why not try something different.
Its obviously not working out with Mcnabb

Exactly. Think of it from the Vikings point of view. McNabb, or whatever the hell they are trying to do is not working. What have they to lose, aside from a potential franchise QB if he gets smashed in the process. They kind of need to start to focus on '12 at this point, with Ponder, I don't like to think it, but I have to wonder if they might be able to make some noise next year. I have a feeling Ponder is going to be good, unless of course in true Vikings ill luck, he runs a fowl of a certain Green Bay defense.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
With Ponder they could still go 11-5 and make a run for the playoffs! :)

With McNabb being benched, the worms in Lambeau field are breathing a sigh of relief.

I have been watching some of Ponders film from college, he very seldom ever under throws his WR's. He will overthrow them more than under throw them. So if the Packer get a couple of interceptions, I expect them to be overthrown balls. He also seems to float his real long balls more than they should be. His accuracy seems to be good.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I was thinking McNabb might be a good backup for us next year. He is still a good quarterback he has just been put into a couple of crappy situations that last couple of years. You can't expect a quarterback to come to a team with a new coach and an new system and a Team with issues and make everything happy.

We are going to more than likely lose Flynn next year, Not sure if Harrell is ready. McNabb knows the westcoast system. He is an experianced quarterback who could step in with an good team around him and operate and a top level if needed.

But just a thought. In Ted we trust.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how Ponders Gastoral Intesinal system is functioning this week :sick:

Who knows? For all we know he's calm and cocky as hell. Either that or he's wiggin. It's got to be nerve wracking, no matter how you look at it. Whether he's cocky or wiggin, hopefully the D can rattle him and get him to make stupid mistakes.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been watching some of Ponders film from college, he very seldom ever under throws his WR's. He will overthrow them more than under throw them. So if the Packer get a couple of interceptions, I expect them to be overthrown balls. He also seems to float his real long balls more than they should be. His accuracy seems to be good.

About this accuracy thing? :confused:

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
McNabb is done, I don't see him ever being a back up.

It's kinda sad guys like him go down the way they do. He's not a hall of famer but it can't help but remind me of guys that played lights out for a franchise, then go to a bad team or two and just quickly go down the drain.

I'm waiting on it to happen to Romo, so everyone that still thinks how great he is, can tell me how good he will be with another team lol. Maybe the Redskins would take him.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. Think of it from the Vikings point of view. McNabb, or whatever the hell they are trying to do is not working. What have they to lose, aside from a potential franchise QB if he gets smashed in the process. They kind of need to start to focus on '12 at this point, with Ponder, I don't like to think it, but I have to wonder if they might be able to make some noise next year. I have a feeling Ponder is going to be good, unless of course in true Vikings ill luck, he runs a fowl of a certain Green Bay defense.

I dont think he is going to be good at all. I think he is a wasted pick. Went wayyy too high in the draft.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It just couldn't get worse than McNabb. He was slow and innacurate, which, behind one of the worst OL in the league, was a recipe for disaster. Who cares he wasn't throwing ints, he wasn't throwing completions either.

Ponder is able to move at least. They know that this season is over, what's better than throwing the rookie against the best team in the league? It's invaluable experience.

If he performs poorly, it's expected, and nobody will panic.
If he performs well, it's a great sign.

Members online

Latest posts