POLL: Will Mike Pettine be fired this week?

Is Mike Pettine Fired Sometime This Week?

• YES

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • NO

Votes: 21 52.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VAPACKER

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said yes. The comment from Lefluer about being in a man to man defense on the disastrous end of 1st half TD pass wasn't just throwing Pettine under the bus. He was tied to the axles and driven around Wisconsin. Add in he considered axing Pettine after the 49'er *** whupping last year.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i voted "yes" but really it's probably a bit early. but...if you're going to do it why let someone just dangle out there in the wind. get on with it and start your search.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pettine is a holdout from the MM staff. He’s been on borrowed time since LaFleur was hired. It was only a matter of time until LaFleur wanted to bring in his own guy. I’m going to guess that Pettine will be replaced.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I want him fired immediately, I just had to vote no because I have no faith in it getting done.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I hope I did this correctly...first time attempting a poll.

I know there are other Pettine threads, but wanted to get a sense of where the forum stands as of the result of this game today.

A simple yes or no. With discussion obviously welcomed.

So are you asking:
  • "Do we think he should be fired"? or
  • "Do we think he will be fired"?
My answer is yes, he should be fired this week.

I don't see it getting done this week and possibly at all.

I was in the "yes" camp mid season, maybe even last year, but the last play of the 1st half put me in the "HELL YES, RIGHT NOW CAMP." No excuse for the defense called on that play, after a fricking timeout no less!

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mark Murphy is 100% calling every shot in Green Bay
uuummm no. he's passed it to Gute, Ball, and MLF who have the football end. he's the business end of the FO who just wants to be kept in the loop. the thompson experience bit him. he's not going to let that happen again.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said yes. This has gone on long enough with the bend but dont break sets, and little blitz action when a game demanded it. The foolery at the end of the nfccg half showed, and the braintrust behind that call makes me sick. Jarrod Mayo? I think MLF should go younger when choosing the new DC.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Goodbye!! Take the whole defensive staff with you. So tired of king and sullivan not knowing what their assignments are, and leaving guys wide open.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll bite - so a real owner could fire Murphy?

But other than that, then what? I mean he says Murphy is in 100% control of everything. Only other things an owner would do that Murphy can't (by his logic) would be things we would not want like moving the team out of Green Bay.

Any notion the Packers need an owner is just dumb

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe Pettine is too easy a mark for opposing coaches. Yesterday was the clincher for me. That first half mess would never had happened to Jim Leonhard IMO.
I just think Pettine isn’t mentally quick enough for his position. He’s living out the Peter Principle. La Fleur needs to be able to hire his own DC.

fix8ed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is absolutely zero excuse for that crap at the end of the 1st half. Zero. None. It's right up there with Gregg Williams going cover zero at the end of that game a few weeks ago with the Jets.

It just defies any logic or reasoning whatsoever.
And took the run game from Green Bay in one stroke.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd give half of my earnings from last year to hire a different guy prior to 2020. A guy that doesn't have the intelligence to stop Raheem Mostert going for 220 yds and 4tds shouldn't have had his job back. I said the same thing with Crapers after Kaepernick schooled us in 2012.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He called a defensive play in the NFC Championship Game that is designed to protect the middle of the field and leave the corners susceptible to getting beat in one on one. On the one play of the game where we didn't need to guard the middle of the field at all and couldn't risk getting beat deep.

I'll never get past that. It's unthinkable for a professional defensive coordinator.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
He called a defensive play in the NFC Championship Game that is designed to protect the middle of the field and leave the corners susceptible to getting beat in one on one. On the one play of the game where we didn't need to guard the middle of the field at all and couldn't risk getting beat deep.

I'll never get past that. It's unthinkable for a professional defensive coordinator.

Can I just toss one more log on your fire? Pettine Foocked this call up during a time out, which should have given him plenty of time to think about the situation. Basically, this wasn't a miscue by the defense themselves that happened in a hurry up situation.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Hit this up around the 23 minute mark

Corey Linsley: I don't know what Aaron Rodgers meant by his postgame comments - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said yes. The comment from Lefluer about being in a man to man defense on the disastrous end of 1st half TD pass wasn't just throwing Pettine under the bus. He was tied to the axles and driven around Wisconsin. Add in he considered axing Pettine after the 49'er *** whupping last year.
I agree should have been gone two years ago already!

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should consider Leonhard------- former WI Badger for Defensive Coordinator. Think He would be a great fit.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Just read an article in *gulp* ESPN about the special teams guy being cut loose and the article said that Pettine supposedly opted out of an extension earlier this year to "see how this year went". I hadn't heard that before.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Should consider Leonhard------- former WI Badger for Defensive Coordinator. Think He would be a great fit.
As a Badger fan, I wouldn't be happy to see him leave the Badgers. As a Packer fan, I would love to see him in Green Bay. If you follow the Badger Football program, you will understand just how good Leonhard is. He has a knack for turning average players into solid players, that are already making a splash in the NFL.

All that said, I doubt he leaves Wisconsin to become a DC in the NFL. I think it's more likely we see him offered a HC job at a mid tier college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts