POLL: Who is the 2nd Most IMPORTANT player on the Packers?

Who is the 2nd most IMPORTANT (doesn't say best. Says important) player on the Packers?

• Sam Shields (Guy is a great corner, who's gonna get paid huge $ in the spring)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Perry (rarely healthy. But when he IS, he is that bookend pass rusher we wanted)

• Randall Cobb (he's that spark we're missing. DYK: We have scored fewer points than the Vikings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously Rodgers is the 1st most important.

But who is the 2nd most important? Doesn't say best, or most talented. But "important".

I will add as many options as it allows, let you vote, and discuss.

Will try and get this decided ASAP and move on to #3..... then #4, etc.

POLL is OPEN for 24 HOURS only, then I will move on....

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
I voted for lacy as AR makes an average WR look great. The run game will open up so much. Now that Lacy has developed some, when are gets back, we should be scary. I do think that on this forum there really needed to be an option to choose TT

North44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without Rodgers there I would have to say Lacy honestly. I feel like if he goes down, we are in deep doo doo. Also even before AR went down he gave us a dimension that we didn't have before. It seemed like even the defense played better with Kacy in the line up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Packers_16-0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy because he is the real reason we are still in it. I hate it how people are giving most of the credit to Flynn but seriously Flynn sucks . Flynn only does one thing good giving the ball to lacy. Flynn always gets sacked cant make a good pass and most of the time looks like he is getting paid to lose.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Lacy because he has been impactful sence day one. He has more ability to be a game changer than Mathews. Mathews has been almost non factor this season. Lacy has actually helped Pack win games.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RBs dont win games unfortunately. A healthy Matthews is worth his salary.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt the offense will ever be better than when we had no running game at all. 2011 was a thing of beauty

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Went with Sitton not only because he is our best lineman but also because if he goes down Barclay is kicked in, so on top of losing our best lineman, the line is shuffled and Newhouse probably comes in at RT.

Would really think about EDS on this list as well, anyone else remember Thanksgiving?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
People forget what a healthy Clay looks like and what we look like without him. It's not close. Just like Rodgers, having him out there makes everyone better, even if he's injured. He's the focal point of our Defensive Scheme.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted Flynn. Here's why:
If any ONE of these players were to get injured on the first drive this week vs Pittsburgh, I think Flynn is the one that would doom us.

I think we could afford Matthews or even Lacy going out more than if Flynn did.
Starks can get the job done. Not as great as Lacy.

But Tolzein will kill us, end our season.
We've won games without Matthews too.
He's still not even 80% of himself right now by the way.

Even though I don't like Flynn really, him going down would kill us Sunday.
IF RODGERS ISN'T BACK >as I expect to be the sad case.

No write-ins yet for Crosby?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I don't think we can get an accurate read if we don't look at the players in a vacuum. If we were to have a healthy team with the exception of one player, without a competent backup, who is that second most important player? Because losing an important player changes everything. Which player means the second most to this team?

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted Eddie "The Bull" Lacy. Opens up a lot for the passing game and gives the D a breather when he is eating up the clock

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As with the majority, Lacy no doubt, last time we had a RB with over 1,000 yards was Grant and that was four years ago, next up would be Flynn right now he's the best back-up in the league and if there was a walking billboard for the term system QB Flynn would be it.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sitton. By far our best OL. We have no replacement for him and would have to shuffle the line and weaken 2-3 spots if he went down. The line would go from being pretty capable to being pretty bad.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sitton. By far our best OL. We have no replacement for him and would have to shuffle the line and weaken 2-3 spots if he went down. The line would go from being pretty capable to being pretty bad.
Agree, but that's not a double bogey.
Maybe a par.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy because he is the real reason we are still in it. I hate it how people are giving most of the credit to Flynn but seriously Flynn sucks . Flynn only does one thing good giving the ball to lacy. Flynn always gets sacked cant make a good pass and most of the time looks like he is getting paid to lose.
Your man-car has been revoked. It is now null and void.
Why?
Because you obviously don't know how to work a remote.
You are watching games before the Atlanta one on the DVR.
So step forward and turn in your man-card for immediate shredding.
Thank you. Have a nice day. :)

D

Deleted member 6794

I voted for Morgan Burnett. While he hasn´t improved this season like I hoped he´s still by far the best safety on the roster. If he would go down we would have to go with a combination of M.D. Jennings, Sean Richardson and Chris Banjo. Don´t think that would work out well.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Given the positive production out of Lacy, he got my vote. Would have tried to give it to CM3, but his lack of production and lack of over all pressure this year has been more than disappointing.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless you have an Adrian Peterson in your backfield, your QB is your most important position, and right now ours is Matt Flynn. As a matter of fact, if we're talking about right now, I would say Flynn is the #1 most important player on the Packers while Rodgers is sidelined. I think his importance has been illustrated by our offensive struggles in the first few games of Rodgers absense. Constantly going three and out put a lot of pressure on the defense to keep games close, and being on the field that long eventually wore them down. Even Flynn struggled early on and the teams play suffered, but something happened at halftime last weekend that turned things around. I don't know if a light came on in his head or if he's just not thinking as much and going out there and cutting it loose, but the offense sustaining drives and scoring points coincided with the defense playing better and making stops.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless you have an Adrian Peterson in your backfield, your QB is your most important position, and right now ours is Matt Flynn. As a matter of fact, if we're talking about right now, I would say Flynn is the #1 most important player on the Packers while Rodgers is sidelined. I think his importance has been illustrated by our offensive struggles in the first few games of Rodgers absense. Constantly going three and out put a lot of pressure on the defense to keep games close, and being on the field that long eventually wore them down. Even Flynn struggled early on and the teams play suffered, but something happened at halftime last weekend that turned things around. I don't know if a light came on in his head or if he's just not thinking as much and going out there and cutting it loose, but the offense sustaining drives and scoring points coincided with the defense playing better and making stops.

Even in Minnesota the QB is the most important position. Ap couldn't save them this season.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

look Aaron you are the best Qb in the world, you don't have to bash Flynn on the Packerforum. When you are healthy you will get your job back i guarantee it!:tup:

Members online

Latest posts