Poll Question

How many of you feel McCarthy will be coaching the Packers three years from now?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Dont care

• Total voters

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't care who coaches us if the coaching is good.

So far I think McCarthy seems like a good coach, they got a good thing going on with that zoneblocking.

I like his conservative westcoast offense and his playcalling is very good.

as for the defense, I think McCarthy can't take the blame for it because he's mostly responsible for the offense, Sanders has been given free hands. If the defense can't pull their act together, Sanders will have to pay the price.

If it continues in this fashion, bring back BATES!!!!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a total guess. I'm OK with him so far if the team shows steady improvement this season. I voted no but it is a guess. The problem he faces is if they continue to lose the new president may want to bring in his own GM. And if TT goes, the new GM will want his own coach.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for some reason, my gut feeling is...no. no particular reason cause i really haven't formed much of an opinion of him either way yet. i think when/if TT goes down, MM's going with him though.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
I honestly don't care who coaches us if the coaching is good.

So far I think McCarthy seems like a good coach, they got a good thing going on with that zoneblocking.

I like his conservative westcoast offense and his playcalling is very good.

as for the defense, I think McCarthy can't take the blame for it because he's mostly responsible for the offense, Sanders has been given free hands. If the defense can't pull their act together, Sanders will have to pay the price.

If it continues in this fashion, bring back BATES!!!!!

I agree. McCarthy has no background in defense, so he needs a very good DC to make up for it. Bates is exactly who we need.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It does depend if TT goes or not. I also think as one goes so does the other. Usually if a new GM comes in he wants to put in his own guy so I guess we'll see. If I have to guess I say if TT and MM make it past next year they'll make it past year 3 cause they'll probably be improved by then. If they aren't any better they definataly should be gone.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based off of what I've seen out of the team so far. No

Based off of what I think the potential of this team is capable of. Yes.

It's real tough call right now. We'll see how he grows as a coach and how the team grows with him.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said yes...Yeah we are 1 and 4 right now. But give the guy a chance. He came into a not too good team and he is a first year coach, along with some first year assistants. Not to mention a lot of first year players on the team. I bet he is still around.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, a lot will depend on how well TT continues to draft. He is, again MO, doing a good job there. The challenge for MM is to see how many of these problems are coaching and then take action. THAT will tell us how strong a head coach he is. A lot will also depend on how well the team can replace Harris and Woodson. Both are getting old and seem to be slipping.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry but no... After 4 preaseson games plus 5 regular season games I dont see how could he be.

I am afraid we will have another 4-12 at best and I see us doing even worst next year without Brett, so I assume he wont be in the team by January 2008.

I wish I am wrong ad we finish 9-7 and have a great 2007 season, but honestly I ont see that happening.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the season starts to click here soon then yes I'm sure they'll keep him

Latest posts