1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

POLL: Favorite Christmas Song(s)

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by 12theTruth, Dec 15, 2012.

?

Which Christmas song(s) really make your day?

1. Holly Jolly Christmas

40.0%
  2. Rockin Around the Christmas Tree

20.0%
  3. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

20.0%
  4. Frosty the Snowman

20.0%
  5. Blue Christmas

20.0%
  6. Feliz Navidad ( I Wanna Wish You a Merry Christmas)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Jingle Bell Rock

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Carol of the Bells

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting Over an Open Fire)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other: Please include fav song in reply

80.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Unbelievable how fast this year has flown by. Only 10 days till Christmas. I'd like to see what others considered their favorite Christmas/Holiday Songs? Feel free to choose more than one if you can't narrow it down to only one. I know there are other GREAT songs that I didn't add, so feel to write in your own song too.

I personally will be taking comfort in some of the religious Christmas songs as we see more incidents like the one in Connecticut take place. Looks like the U.S. is broken. At least for 3 minutes, I can forget about all the madness and sink my mind into pure unadulterated musical bliss.

My additional choice is Hark the Herald Angels Sing! I always looked forward to this song in church growing up. The vocal harmonies seem to really create some internal emotional delight for me personally. Also like how the Peanuts: Charlie Brown Christmas Special closed out with the gang singing a splendid version of this song.

MERRY CHRISTMAS and/or HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all of my fellow posters on the Packerforum community!

2. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,003
    I'm kind of split. My first thought was of "The First NOEL". Then as I read what you wrote, "Silent Night" took the lead. As I thought about how we end every Christmas Eve service with that song I realized our pastor, who is an excellent baritone, immediately follows up with "O Holy Night" acapela. So those are my three favorites. I like to sing the first, enjoy most the feelings associated with the second, and really like listening to the third. Oh, darn, I just thought of Handel's "Messiah." Maybe that for a choir as opposed to a male solo. Female solo, If I am out and about is probably

3. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting choices. Thanks for posting that video of Messiah. It is astounding.

4. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,003
    Search you tube for "flash mob" The performances are amazing. OK some hoover but some are brilliant.

5. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    My favorite is Neal Schon's (Journey) instrumental of "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel"

6. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 This is the life.

Ratings:
    +897
    I quite like this one.