1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Politically Incorrect

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by FrankRizzo, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texaspackerbacker

texaspackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +58
    As somebody said earlier, it's a good versus evil world ....... or don't you believe that? You certainly are entitled to your views, and as a citizen of our "mother country", I hold you in high regard. However, equating muslims and suspicion of them to racism toward American blacks is just plain wrong and an insult to black people. You pretty much identified your own prejudice earlier when you disparaged an article because it was written by Christians.

2. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,773
    Yeah, ya got me. I`m really an Imam.

3. texaspackerbacker

Ratings:
    +58
    Good show on Blue Bloods tonight - about muslim "honor killings". Those people sure are civilized - and apparently getting more so all the time.

4. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,773
    Take you blinkers off man !, your right when you say there are muslims out there who want to kill us, and yes, it pays to be vigilant, but these are in the minority. You accuse me of insulting black people because I quote something that was written on a KKK site, I didn`t make that comparison you idiot, THEY did. There in you own country is a group of christian fanatics who go to the funerals of YOUR war dead screaming hate and vitriol, calling them fagots etc for doing thier duty, and because they apparently serve an evil country. CHRISTIANS !!. There are fanatics in all religions.. I talked to one of my cats last night and had a more intelligent conversation. Congratulations though because you`re the first person I`ve blocked on here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. texaspackerbacker

Ratings:
    +58
    Never mind the issue of "muslims killing us" (more so even in your country than ours apparently), muslims do a helluva lot of killing each other - from this "honor killing" thing to the kind of government sanctioned killing of people in Egypt, Syria, Tunisia, and a lot of other places to their border wars - Iran v. Iraq for 10 years or so (too bad it ended so soon hahaha) to their intra-muslim ethnic hatreds - sunni v. shiia along with a few lesser ones. All of that just highlights the kind of enemy we are dealing with in the post-Cold War world. Yeah, you can cite a few exotic examples of Christian groups doing similar stuff - I'm surprised you didn't bring up Northern Ireland hahaha, but those are miniscule compared to the huge percentage of muslims having the mindset to kill for such a wide variety of reasons rational only to themselves. You seem so attached to your concept of moral equivalence - us to them, but no, it just ain't the same.

6. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    And we as Americans dont kill each other? Every damn day of the week you can flip on the TV and see shootings, school killings, and MANY other forms of murder on our own turf. Hell, between gang violence, random killings, police shootings, drunk drivers, drugged out wacko's,....I bet we kill each other more than any other country.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. texaspackerbacker

Ratings:
    +58
    Yeah but ........ it's almost universally condemned as evil, crazy, or both here. Over there, it's basically part of their culture.

8. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    I seriously doubt it would hurt this country to get a lot tougher on punishments, might do us some damn good to stiffen up a bunch.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452

people over there condem the radicals for their deeds of hate, you are just not there to see it. CNN only shows you what it wants YOU to see. Media controls you.

• Like Like x 1
  10. texaspackerbacker

Ratings:
    +58
    Oh Really hahaha. If anybody was going to promote an overly rosy picture of muslims, it would be left-leaning CNN. If even they showing the "muslim street" supporting the radicals, well, I doubt it is inaccurate. "Honor killings", extreme ethnic violence, desire to turn back the clock a millenium or so in women's rights and freedom in general, are you really denying that is the prevailing mindset in the muslim world?

11. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    ^ you really need to open your closed eyes as to what is going on in THIS country vs another country 10,000 miles away that is not affecting you. If you want to be some sort of media sheep and go with what they say and what they show instead of actually having your a$$ over there to see it for yourself, so be it. Take notice of what goes on here and how YOU can be proactive in fixing our own damn problems instead of focusing and hating on others for their views and standings. Maybe if we tightened up our views and actions this counrty wouldn't be in such a sh!t storm.

12. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,773
    Osh, you're really wasting you time and effort with this guy. I've never read such bigotted crap in my life from this guy, I just wonder if he has the point hat or the Full robes in the closet. I can only assume every Vietnamese he ever came across across was a **** . Thank god not everybody is so narrow minded. His opinion is the ONLY one that is valid. I just had to give up talking to him politely or otherwise as he has issues.

13. texaspackerbacker

Ratings:
    +58
    OK, OPF, I cited 4 or 5 distinct items of muslim culture that are just plain abhorrent to any civilized person or society: the "honor killings", the ethnic (sunni v. shiia, etc.) violence, the turning back the clock on freedom and women's rights (inflicting sharia law). And that is just within their own community - never mind any threat of terrorism to us and Europe and genocide to Israel. In light of the elections in Egypt and Tunisia, the situation in Syria, Iran, etc., are you DENYING the existence of these? Or is your position that the murder rate in Chicago and other cities, the gang violence, drug use, and whatever else you can cite in this country is morally equivalent to the muslim stuff? This is not hate! It is merely citing facts about people who have designated themselves as our enemies. You talk about the media and specifically CNN. Well, I certainly am not a fan of the media either, but specifically what do you think is being promoted by the media that is untrue? And as for the "**** storm" you cite in this country, what exactly is your solution? Are you 1. coming at this from a left-wing give everybody cradle to grave benefits perspective? Or 2. a more sensible but probably not practical law and order approach - crack down on the bad guys, due process be damned? Or 3. are you one of these "don't tread on me" types who hates the idea of any government intrusion - and maybe extends that like Ron Paul to a non-interventionist foreign policy? I HOPE you see fit to go down the line and answer the questions in a civil way. I look forward to reading your reply.

14. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    First off : Other countries ways of life and the things that they see as normal or part of their common law you see as abnormal. I too see some things that they do as unusual or out of the ordinary or even freakish, but unlike you, I understand that peoples cultures and views around this world are vastly different. What we see as wrong or terrible, some might not even look in that direction because it is commonplace to them.....see what I am saying? My dog I see as a companion, a friend, a protector.......in some Asian countries, they see that as a meal....is that wrong? To many of us it is, to me it is not....it is what they were brought up doing so they wont see it any other way.

What happens in this great country if a young man is caught stealing a shirt from the local mall? A slap on the wrist, maybe a misdemeanor, maybe not a damn thing. Same thing happens in south east Asia: Kid gets A$$ whooped on the spot, drug out into the street, whipped publicly.....HELL YEAH is what I say. This county is way to damn soft and has to many bunny huggers. We need to mind our own damn business when it comes to what far off lands are doing and tighten up our own way of life. You see my point yet? Why let what those mercy killings affect your life? They didn't kill you or your friends, so f*ck it, forget it.

I have learned to shrug off petty crap and forget many things. I see that your old school way of thinking is due to a generational gap. I can't fault you on that, it was the way you were brought up, and the things you went through in your tough life. Just think of this as well: What you see, is not always what you see. I can't even begin to speculate on what the conflict in Nam was like, Hell i was just being born when the sh!t over there ended. I am sure that you saw that not all the people over there were terrible folks, and I am sure they were scared sh!tless of US troops then, as people are now. Some crap changes, some crap stays the same and don't focus on what you have no control over.....focus on what you can have control of.

15. texaspackerbacker

Ratings:
    +58
    I'm beginning to see where you are coming from, and I even agree with some of it. Other parts, not so much. First of all, I said "honor killings" not "mercy killings". There is a major difference - you ought to Google "honor killings". There have been several cases of this in recent months by muslims even in this country. I, too, am a dog lover, but I'm not talking about Asians eating dog as an example of immoral or uncivilized behavior. Likewise the whipping or caning thing. I agree with you, that wouldn't be a bad idea for certain crimes here, although the libs would never allow it. I also tend to agree with you in a very limited way about not being the world's police - going over there to stop foreign fanatical dumbasses from killing there own kind. I only bring that up because some in here seem to consider muslims as no different/no worse than us - and yeah, I know we have some pretty rotten people here - gang bangers, etc. - but it is a matter of percentages, and more than that, it is a matter of how those bad guys are seen and treated by the majority of the population. I hope you agree we and our way are better in that regard. While I agree with you we shouldn't intervene in a lot of cases where there is no American interest, I do NOT subscribe to a Ron Paul-type policy of non-intervention at all. (how about you?) Good reasons, like preventing terrorism against Americans, oil, and protection of a few loyal allies should be cause for America asserting our dominance, and we damn well better never lose that military dominance in the world.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,678
    Look, there are many stereotypes and most of them have some validity to them.
    Would both of you guys agree with that, or Buggy, are they all just bogus, randomly pulled out of a hat?

Serial killers in America: highest proportion of white males.
    Random armed robbery in America: highest proportion of black males.
    Random murder in America: highest proportion of black males.
    Stranger rapes: highest proportion of black males.
    Personal rapes (known): highest proportion of white males.
    Honor killings: highest proportion of Muslim males, 100% actually.

Would any of you care to argue the above?
    No, we know they're true. But here's the interesting thing, to me: why are they always MALE, whichever race it happens to be.
    Why are we men killing machines, violent?
    Is it related to testoserone?

Highest math scores in high school & college: Asians (incl Indian)
    Why is this the case?

Why are all the medalists (almost all the contestants) in the Olympic short distances always black?
    Why are all the top RBs in the NFL always black?
    Why are all, 100%, of NFL CB's black?

Buggy, instead of just throwing insults and names at people, explain your brilliant theories on the above "stereotypes" or dispute that they are true with some facts.

Is this an offensive comment to you? Would it be if it were said by a white male instead of Charles Barkley?
    You know the world is off tilt when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest basketball player is Chinese, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

[​IMG]

17. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,773
    To answer your point Frank, I`ll hold my hand up and say I crossed a line and for that I apologise to the gentleman. If you read ALL of the comments on this thread, you will see I began politely with responses, I DID give what I believe were valid arguements, but when the CONSTANT replies were based on what I believe were blinkered views of a religious group based on the views of a small minority of fanatics, well thats a bit difficult. He attempted to draw me into further arguement by mentioning the Irish problem. It is widely believed that THAT particular situation was in part funded by Irish Americans, but hey, I dont go judging all Americans as being responsible. It`s not wrong to be vigilant to possible problems, but it`s not right either to think because a person belongs to a certain group that they are trying to destroy western civilisation either. I choose my words carefully here, but American foriegn policy isn`t exactly flavour of the month with some people outside America..... but, rather than judge a people as a WHOLE, I prefer to judge people as individuals. I`ll say again that I did give what I believed to be valid counter arguements, but my last few comments were uncalled for, as was your shot at my "Brilliant" theories Frank.
    At the end of the day Frank, I`m here to discuss football. I`m not interested in peoples political or racial views.
    Sorry if you see that differently, and if you want to judge me that way, you are perfectly entitled to do so.
    I will however say sorry for my last remark as it was out of line and I`m better than that

18. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,773
    However, a lesser-known case is that of Gurmeet Singh Ubhi, a Sikh man who, in February 2011, was found guilty of the murder of his 24 year-old daughter, Amrit Kaur Ubhi in 2010. Mr. Ubhi was found to have murdered his daughter because he disapproved of her being 'too westernised'. Likewise he also disapproved of the fact that she was dating a non-Sikh man. Just a point. Can we get back to football now ?

19. texaspackerbacker

Ratings:
    +58
    hahaha I wasn't looking for an apology, Bill. I thought you were ignoring me anyway. Just the same, I accept it in the spirit it was given - whatever that might be. I read a little bit about the Sikhs after reading your comment. It seems there founder intended to find a middle ground between Hindu and Islam, but ended up being hated by both. You may or may not know, Sikhs have been big news in Wisconsin - apparently suffering because they were mistaken for muslims. I hadn't heard that about American money supporting the sides in the Irish thing, but its quite believable. I'm told by someone who went there, though, that the hate and trouble there is lessening with time - kinda the opposite of the muslim situation. Anyway, what I'm not sure you realize is that "telling it like it is" - as that old philosopher, Howard Cosell used to say, it NOT tantamount to hated/racism. I post 10 or 12 football comments for each I post in here, and both are enjoyable, so it isn't a matter of getting back to football, more like multi-tasking in the realm of fun discussion.

Based on your comments about American foreign policy, I doubt you'll like what I have to say about it hahaha. Hell yeah, the rest of the world doesn't care for American foreign policy. We not only don't give a damn about that, we are thrilled that those lesser countries feel that way (Britain excepted - I am a great believer in British Israelism and the God-given role of Britain and now America to dominate - the "white man's burden" I believe one of your great philosophers called it). I simply ask you, where would the world be without our domination - defeating Nazism, Communism, and now combating radical Islam? in a new dark age of ignorance, poverty, and depravity, that's where.

20. texaspackerbacker

Ratings:
    +58
    Frank, I could just click agree on your post. It indeed is all a matter of percentages. It also is a matter of facts and statistics - keeping it real, Not about generalized hatred - that's an individual thing hahaha.

21. buggybill2003

Ratings:
    +1,773
    The apology was meant sincerely Texas, if you think it wasn`t thats fine too. Interesting point about the Sikhs in Wisconsin though, as this just makes my point about ignorance of facts. Believe me I DO see your point about being careful and aware of your surrounding. Caution is good, but I SINCERELY BELIEVE not EVERY muslim is conditioned to destroy western civilisation, sorry, but that is my opinion and I believe I am entitled to it. As far as ignoring you, yes that was my initial reaction but I calmed down and am just interested in talking football on a football forum.

22. texaspackerbacker

Ratings:
    +58
    Then I thank you sincerely for the apology hahaha. Certainly not EVERY muslim sympathizes with that point of view, but anything in the realm of what is often called racism or ethnic bias is a matter of percentages - and I still say it is pretty obvious how the huge percentage of muslims think/feel. I prefer talking football too, but some politics in the off season is kinda fun too.

23. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,678
    Where else to put this?

New high school principal
    We watched high school principal Dennis Prager of Colorado, along with Sara Palin and Tom Brokaw on TV a couple of weeks ago basically tell it like it is, or should be.

A Speech Every American High School Principal Should Give.
    By Dennis Prager

To the students and faculty of our high school:

I am your new principal, and honored to be so. There is no greater calling than to teach young people.

I would like to apprise you of some important changes coming to our school. I am making these changes because I am convinced that most of the ideas that have dominated public education in America have worked against you, against your teachers and against our country.

First , this school will no longer honor race or ethnicity. I could not care less if your racial makeup is black, brown, red, yellow or white. I could not care less if your origins are African, Latin American, Asian or European, or if your ancestors arrived here on the Mayflower or on slave ships. The only identity I care about, the only one this school will recognize, is your individual identity -- your character, your scholarship, your humanity. And the only national identity this school will care about is American.
    This is an American public school, and American public schools were created to make better Americans. If you wish to affirm an ethnic, racial or religious identity through school, you will have to go elsewhere. We will end all ethnicity, race and non-American nationality-based celebrations. They undermine the motto of America , one of its three central values -- e pluribus Unum, "from many, one." And this school will be guided by America 's values. This includes all after-school clubs. I will not authorize clubs that divide students based on any identities. This includes race, language, religion, sexual orientation or whatever else may become in vogue in a society divided by political correctness.
    Your clubs will be based on interests and passions, not blood, ethnic, racial or other physically defined ties. Those clubs just cultivate narcissism -- an unhealthy preoccupation with the self -- while the purpose of education is to get you to think beyond yourself. So we will have clubs that transport you to the wonders and glories of art, music, astronomy, languages you do not already speak, carpentry and more. If the only extracurricular activities you can imagine being interested in are those based on ethnic, racial or sexual identity, that means that little outside of yourself really interests you.

Second , I am uninterested in whether English is your native language. My only interest in terms of language is that you leave this school speaking and writing English as fluently as possible. The English language has united America 's citizens for over 200 years, and it will unite us at this school. It is one of the indispensable reasons this country of immigrants has always come to be one country. And if you leave this school without excellent English language skills, I would be remiss in my duty to ensure that you will be prepared to successfully compete in the American job market. We will learn other languages here -- it is deplorable that most Americans only speak English --but if you want classes taught in your native language rather than in English, this is not your school.
    Third, because I regard learning as a sacred endeavor, everything in this school will reflect learning's elevated status. This means, among other things, that you and your teachers will dress accordingly. Many people in our society dress more formally for Hollywood events than for church or school. These people have their priorities backward. Therefore, there will be a formal dress code at this school.

Fourth, no obscene language will be tolerated anywhere on this school's property -- whether in class, in the hallways or at athletic events. If you can't speak without using the f-word, you can't speak. By obscene language I mean the words banned by the Federal Communications Commission, plus epithets such as "******," even when used by one black student to address another black, or "bitch," even when addressed by a girl to a girlfriend. It is my intent that by the time you leave this school, you will be among the few your age to instinctively distinguish between the elevated and the degraded, the holy and the obscene.

Fifth, we will end all self-esteem programs. In this school, self-esteem will be attained in only one way -- the way people attained it until decided otherwise a generation ago -- by earning it. One immediate consequence is that there will be one valedictorian, not eight.

Sixth, and last, I am reorienting the school toward academics and away from politics and propaganda. No more time will be devoted to scaring you about smoking and caffeine, or terrifying you about sexual harassment or global warming. No more semesters will be devoted to condom wearing and teaching you to regard sexual relations as only or primarily a health issue... There will be no more attempts to convince you that you are a victim because you are not white, or not male, or not heterosexual or not Christian. We will have failed if any one of you graduates this school and does not consider him or herself inordinately fortunate -- to be alive and to be an American.

Now, please stand and join me in the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag of our country. As many of you do not know the words, your teachers will hand them out to you.

24. Passepartout

Passepartout Easter 2015!

Ratings:
    +18
    IMHO, the only race that matters is the HUMAN RACE! As we all need to get along regardless of circumstances or what. As that is why we need to get along as humans! FTW, I consider myself Amerasian!

25. texaspackerbacker

Ratings:
    +58
    EXCELLENT post, Frank, but as loony as the mainstream media and the educational establishment has gotten these days, THAT would be painted as EXTREMIST. BTW, Prager is a talk show host - kinda a lesser version of Rush Limbaugh, not a real principal - but that doesn't make his words any less valid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.