Polamalu, not Matthews, wins defensive player of the year award

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Well, well, well. As it turns out, the reports that Packers linebacker Clay Matthews won the Associated Press defensive player of the year award were incorrect. Bob Glauber of Newsday and Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune each posted on Twitter that Matthews won the award. In reality, the award went to Steelers safety Troy…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Polamalu beats Matthews for top defensive player

Now that the voters have chosen Troy Polamalu over Clay Matthews for The Associated Press 2010 NFL Defensive Player of the Year award, the two stars can prove their worth against each other on the field.

In the Super Bowl.

Source: JSOline.com

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wasnt just them, it was about 50% of reporters. Amazing what a single bad source can do to mess up a story.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
at least it was close. I am surprised Wake didnt get more votes, he had a GREAT season.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
It's heartbreaking to me, the way this went down. Now, if I'm Clay (though I'm sure he's gracious and happy for T/P), there's a fire under my ___ like you wouldn't believe on Sunday. I've got something to prove, and nothing is going to stop me from proving it.

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like Rodgers at Atlanta saying his piece by playing out of his skin, so will Clay in the SB.
While Clay has been amazing, if not for the outstanding play at other positions by the Packer D, he wouldn't have had the chance to excel. We are a team, and that is why we are great!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts