Poe cut. Go get him now!!!

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He played the most snaps of any Dallas interior defensive lineman.... Talk about misuemis the aging nose tackle too much so he is ineffective...

I told you before. He would still be all-pro for 1/2 those snaps. BBu those big guys wear out and need to be fresh and healthy to dominate like they used to... You can't grind them....

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'd probably be cheap, which I obviously like, but on top of poor performance, he's allegedly been very overweight and unmotivated to fix that problem. Is that true? Who knows. Never hurts to talk to these guys though, and I'm sure our FO will if they think he can contribute in a meaningful way. That said, I'm not entirely sure what we'd even do with him other than use him to give Kenny a break now and then, which isn't really worth much to me to be honest. On the whole, I don't see much use for him and wouldn't be excited to see him in GB. While we need DL, we're good in the middle. We need better ends.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be ok with him if he came cheap but he's a NT which is our strongest position on the DL with Kenny and Lancaster both being solid there.

And Keke and Adams have both looked good the last few weeks.

I'm ok with bringing in Poe if he's crazy cheap but combined with the fact I don't know how he'd fit in exactly and his weight & effort concerns I don't want him unless he costs very little.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I just really want to commend Slacker for always being on brand.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just really want to commend Slacker for always being on brand.

To be fair Poe is gonna be cheap and I think a solid support role to Clark that he'd embrace. I've heard far far worse names folks say.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my guess is his attitude was part of what got him cut. Maybe he was the "leaker"

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my guess is his attitude was part of what got him cut. Maybe he was the "leaker"
Well, if you ask Jerry Jones, Poe was 30 lbs overweight and wasn’t doing anything to fix that.

If you ask the people who watch tape, he’s been awful this year.

Sounds like a great addition.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, if you ask Jerry Jones, Poe was 30 lbs overweight and wasn’t doing anything to fix that.

If you ask the people who watch tape, he’s been awful this year.

Sounds like a great addition.
i'd add those to the list too

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really, I am serious. How important is 30 lbs. more or less to a nose tackle? Remember Gilbert Brown. He did ok for us. Of course, he was a big effort guy.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really, I am serious. How important is 30 lbs. more or less to a nose tackle? Remember Gilbert Brown. He did ok for us. Of course, he was a big effort guy.

If that weight is symbolic of his unwillingness to keep himself in football shape, then that 30 pounds is pretty important. Also, there's the whole not being very good lately issue.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If it’s the difference between being in shape or not, it’s a pretty big deal.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"our strongest position on the DL with Kenny and Lancaster both being solid there." yeah, no...Lancaster LOL..lets sign Howard Green lol

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Lancaster has been just fine as a reserve and a fill in. I would certainly take him over Poe.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He played the most snaps of any Dallas interior defensive lineman.... Talk about misuemis the aging nose tackle too much so he is ineffective...

I told you before. He would still be all-pro for 1/2 those snaps. BBu those big guys wear out and need to be fresh and healthy to dominate like they used to... You can't grind them....

I hear he's chronically overweight and out-of-shape, which is why Dallas let him go.

Caveat Emptor on this one....

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, I don't like Dallas. And I don't believe them either. This may be true. But they always look for excuses. Not saying to bring him in. Just, to hell with Dallas.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go ahead and take Lancaster, I do not agree with any assessment that says he is good. He is not good, and is one of the Defensive achilles heels, and a big problem with whats wrong up front.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Go ahead and take Lancaster, I do not agree with any assessment that says he is good. He is not good, and is one of the Defensive achilles heels, and a big problem with whats wrong up front.

The backup nose tackle who plays like 10-15 snaps a game is the defense’s Achilles heel?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I hear he's chronically overweight and out-of-shape, which is why Dallas let him go.

Caveat Emptor on this one....
Agree. We used to have the same problem with Pickett, Lacy and Raji. Some guys aren’t professional and disciplined enough to take care of themselves and yes it does have a negative effect on the team.

Members online

No members online now.