1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Plunge for Eli

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Poppa San, May 1, 2014.

1. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,049
    So this is what Wisconsin people do when there is no football and the weather sucks. Realize the trees haven't leaved out here yet and the grass is only somewhat green when these people are hitting the water.
    http://www.htrnews.com/article/20140501/MAN0101/305010174/Taking-plunge-Eli-Kupsky-Manitowoc-photos-
    To be serious, the little guy is my brother's grandson. This event has gone way beyond what anyone imagined a month ago. We do not know who originated the idea but it is literally the talk of the town. I mean, when my son's teacher tells me her orthodontist asked her today if she took the plunge yet...
    Videos are on healing eli page at facebook for those of you who have it.

2. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,049
    update: I've now been nominated and look to be doing this this upcoming weekend. Also the local originator has been found. The article is behind a pay wall but it works out to be the family of one of my former bosses. His daughters know the boy's mom somewhat and had taken the plunge for someone else. They decided to do it for Eli.

3. ARPackFan

ARPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    I grew up on Green street in the 60's and went swimming at Red Arrow park beach a bunch in the summer (usually without my mother knowing). Jumping in the lake this time of year would have to be for a good reason - which this is.

Best of luck with the plunge.

4. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,049
    Yesterday I heard a story where someone taking the plunge swam out to touch the ice shelf still floating on the lake and then swam back in. This year, until now, the warmest body of water might be Lake Michigan. Inland lakes and rivers had ice on a few weeks ago.

5. ARPackFan

ARPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    I'm almost embarrassed to tell you it's 81 degrees right now where I live in Arkansas.

6. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,049
    My wife missed my intro but here is my video. I wore my most disposable yet still useable shirt. We did this in a neighbors yard a week back. Note the lack of leaves on the trees to give a hint at the water temperature.

My nominations are from this forum and are @Wood Chipper, @captainWIMM (who agreed a few weeks ago) and @Oshkoshpackfan .