Plenty of reasons to be confident tonight

packerfan1441

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The past few years on the morning of Packers playoff games I'd be a nervous wreck. How will Brett play? Will the defense hold up? It'd consume me all the way to kickoff and a lot of times my worst fears would be realized. Interceptions would plague us or a lack of defense would hand a team like Arizona a playoff win when we rattle off 45 points, but this year is different. I can't wait for gameday. This team is like no Packers team you've seen in the last ten years. They have got all the tools to win each game they play this postseason which is why I'm so confident about this game tonight. You've heard all the numbers thrown around and how good Atlanta is and their scary good run game. Yet I'm here to say there really is nothing to worry about. Our defense is better than anything they can throw at us tonight. Mark my words, this team knows they've got the speed and strength on every level of the defense to play with Atlanta. The run defense has greatly improved the last few weeks and we will eventually force the game into Matt Ryan's hands and despite him being an extraordinary talent his arm can not match up with our secondary. He has two solid targets the experts have been raving about, Tony Gonzalez and Roddy White. Teams number one receivers don't really come free that much against our zone schemes but I will admit teams with good tight ends are usually able to find them down the field but the advantage here is that Tony G despite being a future Hall of Famer does not have the speed that guys like Vernon Davis do that burnt us a couple months ago.

Our offensive advantages are no different, I trust Aaron Rodgers. The guys one of the most aware guys in the league right now and **** he's got an arm. I know I'm not telling you anything you don't know about him but let me address the subject of James Starks. People wonder if the guy is a one hit wonder and let me assure you, he is not. The way the Packers run the ball is really a zone blocking scheme which disrupts a runner that like to dance like Brandon Jackson but greatly benefits James Starks a hard north and south runner. Plain and simple James Starks has a lot of talent. He's strong with a quick first step and a very smart runner despite being a rookie. As long as the line can hit their blocks tonight which I'm very confident they will you'll see the running game roll just like last week. This two faceted offense is just what the doctor ordered for the playoffs.

For those sentimental types let me tell you no team has the heart these Packers have right now. They've lost so much but they binded together like champions and now believe nothing can stop them. Which is something Packer fans have clung to at the same time. This team believes in itself and we have their backs till that last snap. Tonight against the Falcons your team is going to show they're not satisfied with a Divisional playoff game. I can not wait for tonight. Packers 24 Falcons 17 Go Pack Go!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts