Please TED why are you destroying our team

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the end the poster who said if this team was left to take the field with Ted's talent alone we would be staring down the number 1 pick next year, was dead on. Without Brett we would be .500 at best. Without Brett, DD, Wells, Kampy, KGB, Harris, and others we would be up **** creek.

What kind of argument is that? You can't put together an entire 53 man roster in a couple of offseasons. Of course they would be in the running for the #1 pick with only TT guys on the field.

Fortunately, that wasn't TTs job. His job was to retain the good players already on the roster and build a team that can win now and in the future. He's done an exceptional job of that so far.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Alot of you guys are guilty of double talk.

In the end the poster who said if this team was left to take the field with Ted's talent alone we would be staring down the number 1 pick next year, was dead on. Without Brett we would be .500 at best. Without Brett, DD, Wells, Kampy, KGB, Harris, and others we would be up **** creek.

Double talk, hmm?

DD = re-signed by Ted.

Wells = re-signed by Ted.

AK-74 = re-signed by Ted.

Harris = re-signed by Ted.

here's a couple more:

Barnett = re-signed by Ted.

Jenkins = re-signed by Ted.

All those guys u mentioned with the exception of KGB were extended by TT. No-brainers? Maybe, but look at Ahman. Alot of people thought he was a no-brainer, too. Letting him walk is looking like one of the smartest moves of this offseason. **** creek, indeed.

I would also add there is not a GM in the league that wouldn not agree that Ted's roster coming in was extremely weak to put it mildly. Yes, he had a few good players with the emphasis on few.

When you name about ten good players on a roster your in deep crap. They obviously weren't enough on their own to make up a viable starting lineup now were they? Or did you forget how recent it was we were 4-12?

No, Ted didn't have anything to do with the fact he had to deal with an aging offense (as in Flanny, Rivera, Hondo, Green, etc,), nor did adding Pickett, Woodson, Collins, Bigby, Rouse, Hawk, Poppinga, Bush, etc., bring up our defense, or finding replacements for BOTH kickers.

Nah, the guys had a CAKE WALK! I mean he had Kampy( who didn't come into his own until the last couple of years), Wells (who never started until who got here?), Donald(yeah that position so many here wanted TT fired over not addressing, remember?)

Your right. TT should THANK THE LUCKY STARS he had those seven or eight guys that could actually play a little football when he got here. You know, every team is going to have some resemblance of a nucleus.

But don't try to hide the fact ours was the size of an ameba.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alot of you guys are guilty of double talk. The first and most important thing is that as of today, the Packers have accomplished nothing. The ultimate goal is to win the SB. Sherman gave us winning years, playoff appearences and so on damn near every year. That was not enough. As of today, Ted has accomplished only a miniscule amount of Success compared to Sherman. So If it's about having a great record, we've been there and done that with the previous regime. So let's hold off on crowning Ted as the savior.

I also find it very ironic that the people that *****ed about Ted threads in the offseason and complained about how every thread got hi-jacked to a TT love/hate fest, are the people rehashing the old argument. Very ironic.

I also get sick to my stomach when I see people wanting to bring back some previous posters who were banned. These are the same people who *****ed and wanted them banned to begin with because thier opinions varied from thier own. So now when you have something to back up your argument you want them brought back, but yet when they had the upper hand you wanted them banned? It's cowardly. Those guys should be brought back, because they did the same thing the people arguing with them were guilty of doing, but they were turned into monsters by a few crying babies on this board.

Sherman came in here with a boatload of talent, and i feel underachieved in the end, after several seasons. He came in with a team FULL of talent, capable of winning it all. Lots of regular season wins, but nothing in the playoffs. We have yet to see if this team can do anything in the playoffs. But we went from 4-12, to 8-8, to now 10-1 with everything ahead. I'd say thats one hell of an improvement.....especially since all the "TT is rebuilding and throwing away Favre's final years" crap we heard over and over and over. I'd say the rebuilding IS true, as it was necessary as most of the guys were way past their prime. But look where we are now! Will we win it all? I don't know.......there is a small bump in the road known as the Patriots, that so far NO ONE has been able to beat. So we will see what happens. But to say TT hasn't accomplished a HUGE thing so far, is just looking for reasons to still hate him. We have won 14 of the last 15 games we played..............you don't get that just by luck.
TT, who brought in MM, and MANY players might have SOMETHING to do with it.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should I bring back all of the "Favre is washed up".."Favre is hurting the team"..."Favre should be traded" ....and my personal favorite "Favre is holding the team hostage" threads?

I think quite a few people would need to lie down over those threads, but I don't see too many people issuing apologies to Favre regarding all the stuff they said. :stop:

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should I bring back all of the "Favre is washed up".."Favre is hurting the team"..."Favre should be traded" ....and my personal favorite "Favre is holding the team hostage" threads?

I think quite a few people would need to lie down over those threads, but I don't see too many people issuing apologies to Favre regarding all the stuff they said. :stop:

My exact thoughts Fuzznuts, thank you !!

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

that is what i am talking about!!!!!!

Best post EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stood by Favre all along. I know there were those that thought he was washed up. I never saw it that way, and he proved me, and many others here as correct.
There's nothing wrong with someone saying "I told you so" on either side of the arguments.......Favre, OR Ted Thompson.
If either were doing bad, you can BET the other side would do saying "I told you so!"
To me, it has ALWAYS been.........if you are willing to dish it out, you had better be willing to take it.
If you make statements, and are proven wrong, just man up and admit it. To me, that shows you are a bigger man.
But thats just my twisted view i guess.
I have been proven wrong on things, and although it's not fun, when you are wrong, you are wrong.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts is right.

It's all getting old though. The ones who stuck with Favre just see it pointless as saying "I told you so" over and over again though. That's why we don't bring back these old threads any more.

We're beating a dead horse here.

TT is good.
Favre is good.
MM is good.
The Packers are good.

Now, that said, let's root for our team to win the SB.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stood by Favre all along. I know there were those that thought he was washed up. I never saw it that way, and he proved me, and many others here as correct.
There's nothing wrong with someone saying "I told you so" on either side of the arguments.......Favre, OR Ted Thompson.
If either were doing bad, you can BET the other side would do saying "I told you so!"
To me, it has ALWAYS been.........if you are willing to dish it out, you had better be willing to take it.
If you make statements, and are proven wrong, just man up and admit it. To me, that shows you are a bigger man.
I have been proven wrong on things, and although it's not fun, when you are wrong, you are wrong.

you should be able to post your opinions, and not be called ******, retard, or any other name.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Here is just a couple of examples of posts expecting the continued struggles of Favre... should he (sorry Trom, just an example) be able to enjoy the season Brett is having?

See how silly that sounds? It has been a brillant season so far.. why continue that BS.

agopackgo4 said:
I agree I want a winning Era as well. but to me:

Brett Favre=BEst chance to win

im not too sure about that

Yared-Yam said:
tromadz said:

You're right.

It's Ingle time.

just might be

dhpackr said:
if #4 were throwing to DD, J-Walk, D. Jarrett I wonder what people would be writting

That favre is still a human being and his natural decline is expected.

sorry

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is just a couple of examples of posts expecting the continued struggles of Favre... should he (sorry Trom, just an example) be able to enjoy the season Brett is having?

See how silly that sounds?

tromadz said:
agopackgo4 said:

Yared-Yam said:
tromadz said:

You're right.

It's Ingle time.

just might be

dhpackr said:
if #4 were throwing to DD, J-Walk, D. Jarrett I wonder what people would be writting

sorry

Sure he should, we all should, but why bring up past threads, threads that are 6 months old?

I tried to change my style of posting, believe me , I wanted to shred that guy so many times, he does not offer anything to this forum.

you call the guy on something, and like always, he just starts hurling insults.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
DH... everyone is wrong at times.. and I agree.. the digging up old threads and shoving someone's face in it, is just as classless as the Pats going for it on 4 and 2 .. up by 35.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

you should be able to post your opinions, and not be called ******, retard, or any other name.
I agree.......some things are uncalled for. I have been called names many times. Some that did so arn't here anymore. :wink: (I had them bumped off by the "Internet Mafia!") :lol:
I think we all need to chill, and ENJOY whats going on in Title Town!!!

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:

See how silly that sounds?

tromadz said:
agopackgo4 said:

Yared-Yam said:
tromadz said:

You're right.

It's Ingle time.

just might be

dhpackr said:

sorry

Sure he should, we all should, but why bring up past threads, threads that are 6 months old?

I tried to change my style of posting, believe me , I wanted to shred that guy so many times, he does not offer anything to this forum.

you call the guy on something, and like always, he just starts hurling insults.

And he does it time after time. Look at the 'RETARD" picture. I try to ignore his posts because they are done with intentions of flaming time in and time out. Some people here are just immature and biased. I know who the good posters are so I try to ignore some of the instigators as much as possible. Pack93z is the best poster on this site IMO. I enjoy reading his posts. I too am tired of the I TOLD YOU SO posts in every thread, especially when they do it so prematurely. It just reeks of desperation.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does this team look like one thats going to go away anytime soon? Will they not be in the playoffs next year? your thoughts, kgb?

and this premature stuff is funny. nobody is saying "this TT built team is gonna win the superbowl!"

no. people are saying this team is awesome, and is 10-1. Should we ignore that fact? Nah. But have fun with your boring thing. I'll have fun with the 10-1 awesomeness.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you go to a game, do you sit on your hands the entire time? When Favre makes a good play and the crowd erupts, do you go "I don't understand the premature celebrating by these people."

Enjoy the ride, and stop the bellyaching. The team is 10-1. One of the big reasons is the GM that a LOT of people bashed,namecalled(he must be gay cuz hes not married, right?), and badmouthed. Don't like people bringing it up? I guess there are other forums out there...

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I see nobody answered my question.

Any takers..?

Anyone?

crickets....

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you go to a game, do you sit on your hands the entire time? When Favre makes a good play and the crowd erupts, do you go "I don't understand the premature celebrating by these people."

Enjoy the ride, and stop the bellyaching. The team is 10-1. One of the big reasons is the GM that a LOT of people bashed,namecalled(he must be gay cuz hes not married, right?), and badmouthed. Don't like people bringing it up? I guess there are other forums out there...

Yeah because this is YOUR forum right? This is the forum where you go around insulting everyone and *****ing because you don't like people with varying opinions. You do everything to get people banned and have to be the biggest whiney-*** baiter on this site. Don't start with me like you make the rules here. You destroy this site, hopefully one days the mods will realize this.

Ok, ban me now or just lock it and let the king of baiting continue his never-ending destruction of this forum. That's what usually happens anyways.

I'm sorry to all the good posters for snapping, I just get sick of one person constantly trying to start ****.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:

I see nobody answered my question.

Any takers..?

Anyone?

crickets....

Hard to Fuzz, when your too busy scanning previous posts to pat yourself on the back.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Yeah because this is YOUR forum right? This is the forum where you go around insulting everyone and *****ing because you don't like people with varying opinions. You do everything to get people banned and have to be the biggest whiney-*** baiter on this site. Don't start with me like you make the rules here. You destroy this site, hopefully one days the mods will realize this.

Ok, ban me now or just lock it and let the king of baiting continue his never-ending destruction of this forum. That's what usually happens anyways.

I'm sorry to all the good posters for snapping, I just get sick of one person constantly trying to start ****.

So I make a point about premature celebrating\cheering at the stadium....and you fly off the handle. Sounds rational enough.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, that's my opinion on it. As you stated, we can give opinions, yes? It's my opinion that if it hurts you so much to read Pro-TT threads, maybe you would enjoy yourself elsewhere. Or does free speech only work for your part?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:locked:

Let's just let everything be. I think the people who were with TT from the beginning have made their point and I think the people who were skeptical are glad that the Pack are 10-1. 8)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts