Please TED why are you destroying our team

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK Time for the true test. Somebody e-mail Jackson and congratulate him and see if he e-mails back...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
ROFL

Adding five players an what some call the 'most nfl ready' player in the draft is destroying your team? Wowsie. Then DESTROY away!!

Just like I did before, I will pull up these threads next off season to make those of you eat your words or to let you bask in your infinite wisdom.

Chose your words wisely! :p

Boo!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
40 yard dash for Jackson 4.35....Jennings 4.48

But Jennings had better 3 cone and shuttle times then Jackson.

On paper seems like Jennings has the better ablity to cut and run..Which will help him to get off line faster if being pressed..Which in turn should help him be a deep threat as well..

Or am I wrong in thinking this?

I think if you're saying Jennings is a better deep threat than Darrell Jackson, I'd have to agree.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the comparison for that draft was between Greg Jennings and Chad Jackson out of Florida; not Darrell.

I recall the fury around here when we didn't take Chad Jackson or Sinorice Moss. I was one of them, I admit.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahhhhh, how I wish for the good old days of "P@ck66" , "Ingrates" and "Termite Teddy". Thanks for the memories Z2C !!

Reaction score
Damn, Ted is such a tightwad.

If he'd only been willing to spend some money, and trade our 4th round pick for Moss, we'd have a chance at the playoffs, unlike this season....

Oh wait.

Um, yeah well Ted didn't address the playmaker need at WR... oh wait.

Uh oh yeah, we have no TE... oh wait.

I got it! We have no RB to replace Ahman's production... oh, nevermind.

Oh, I've got one finally!!! Ted was to cheap to spend 6 million on a RB that is 29 and coming off injury filled years. Watch Ahman prove he was worth all the money the Texans gave him by tearing the league up... from the sidelines.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting thread to bring back.

Boy am I glad TT had the foresight to give us Gregorious Jennings. The rest will be history. :cool:

Reaction score
Actually to be serious, I still wouldn't mind seeing Ted a bit more active in Free Agency.

But it's hard to argue that his style and vision on how to build a winning team is flawed.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Actually to be serious, I still wouldn't mind seeing Ted a bit more active in Free Agency.

But it's hard to argue that his style and vision on how to build a winning team is flawed.

sticking with my theme of Ted... he was building a team and id have to say hes done a good job of that thus far... i think he should be more aggressive in free agency... i dont know how aggressive hes been in the past since no one knows -- cept whos there -- what goes on, so he could be actively pursuing people but no one wanted to come.

I'm sure that will change now, especially when Brett announces he's going to play the following season. (i know, i said this would be his last year, but i also said if we MISSED the playoffs he'd be done and if we made them it changed things)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed these "geniuses" haven't come back to eat their meal of baked crow.
I doubt that they will ever return, seeing as they have been proven to be 100% wrong.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Actually, this was a complaint of mine that I think is valid. I'm pretty sure we'll go into '08 with 3 TEs though.

Reaction score

Actually, this was a complaint of mine that I think is valid. I'm pretty sure we'll go into '08 with 3 TEs though.

I'll be fair Zombie, we aren't on the practice field everyday so we wouldn't see Lee's progression, and Lee taking the opportunity he was given and making something of it.

And we currently have 3 TEs too, but I think it's a long shot Bubba comes back with his 4.5 cap charge next year.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'll be fair Zombie, we aren't on the practice field everyday so we wouldn't see Lee's progression, and Lee taking the opportunity he was given and making something of it.

And we currently have 3 TEs too, but I think it's a long shot Bubba comes back with his 4.5 cap charge next year.

Oh no. No argument there whatsoever. Lee is da Man!

However, you should always have a 3rd TE just in case Lee or Franks get injured (KNOCK ON WOOD!). That's the only place I'm concerned. I know we got this Krause guy, but I mean for next year. I don't see him being on the team next year.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is the proof that fans shouldn't run football operations, leave that to professionals.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats why i was saying all along, give TT a chance to PROVE himself. Either as a guy that is an idiot, or a guy that knows what he's doing. There were WAY too many that were calling for his head. All i ever wanted was to have evidence either way, and THEN make my choice. So far, he hasn't shown me that he's a "Matt Millen", thats for sure. Has he hit on everything? No...........but neither did Ron Wolf (or anyone else for that matter).

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just get a kick out of people screaming for a GM's instant firing and removal from management within days of the draft. Calling it a bad draft is fine, saying you wish we had taken other players, hadn't taken certain guys, calling guys future busts or future superstars is ok, cause it's all taken to be a guess.

You always have that leeway of saying "yeah, I'm glad I was wrong about ____."

But when you call a guy Amish **** Leakage or whatever for his picks when these kids are months away from playing a snap in Training Camp, you tend to come out looking like an a**hole.

Ted's doin ok. I just like Free Agency, cause its fun, and I hope we sign someone awesome this offseason. (see: Asante Samuel or Randy Moss) :D

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted had his share of whiffs the first two years as GM.

If you were honest about things, you would admit it.

But he also had his share of Home Runs.

So..He's like a Home Run hitter who strikes out alot.

Right now, he's doing pretty good.

I still say it would be a much different story if Favre didn't come back. The Packers would be like .500 right now....maybe!

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:

Oh no. No argument there whatsoever. Lee is da Man!

However, you should always have a 3rd TE just in case Lee or Franks get injured (KNOCK ON WOOD!). That's the only place I'm concerned. I know we got this Krause guy, but I mean for next year. I don't see him being on the team next year.

Don't knock on Wood, you'll hurt his toe!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted had his share of whiffs the first two years as GM.

If you were honest about things, you would admit it.

But he also had his share of Home Runs.

So..He's like a Home Run hitter who strikes out alot.

Right now, he's doing pretty good.

I still say it would be a much different story if Favre didn't come back. The Packers would be like .500 right now....maybe!
Uh....if you read my posts, you'd see thats exactly what i said.I was completely honest. No GM gets them ALL right. Not even the great Ron Wolf got them all right. But there is a HUGE difference in what TT has done in just a couple years here, as to what Matt Millen has done TO the Detroit Lions. The way some talked on here, they were wanting to throw TT out before he even got an at bat. And yes, Favre being here i'm SURE made a huge difference. Jennings, Jones, Lee, and Robinson have given someone to throw to besides just DD. TT had a hand in that, and look what it has lead to!
Trust me..........if we were 1-10 instead of 10-1, the "haters" would be here in full force, screaming for TT's head. I even bet some of them are depressed that we ARE doing so well, just because they SOOO wanted the "I told you so's!"

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, you know, if if's and but's were candy and nuts...

...and the beat goes on with you that this winning is all because of one guy which is just total crap. If Brett is SO valuable that he means all then why couldn't he pull the rabbit out of the hat in '05?

The Packers were 4-12. Brett Favre was the QB. What happened?

Did he maybe need a better game plan to work off of? Did he maybe need a little help on the other side of the ball to win games? Has MM's insistance to run the scheme the way he wants it run and the people he's getting the ball to have anything to do with it?

We are 10-1 because of BF and because of MM, and because of the personnel on the field. You don't turn around and win fourteen out of fifteen after a horrendous season like '05 because your QB suddenly found his form.

Or is it just a coincidence that we have all these different players winning Player of the Week Awards almost weekly over the last year and we happen to be winning every game? Or does Brett Favre decide who wins those too?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:

Well, you know, if if's and but's were candy and nuts...

...and the beat goes on with you that this winning is all because of one guy which is just total crap. If Brett is SO valuable that he means all then why couldn't he pull the rabbit out of the hat in '05?

The Packers were 4-12. Brett Favre was the QB. What happened?

Did he maybe need a better game plan to work off of? Did he maybe need a little help on the other side of the ball to win games? Has MM's insistance to run the scheme the way he wants it run and the people he's getting the ball to have anything to do with it?

We are 10-1 because of BF and because of MM, and because of the personnel on the field. You don't turn around and win fourteen out of fifteen after a horrendous season like '05 because your QB suddenly found his form.

Or is it just a coincidence that we have all these different players winning Player of the Week Awards almost weekly over the last year and we happen to be winning every game? Or does Brett Favre decide who wins those too?
GREAT points Hawk!
I couldn't have said it any better!

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alot of you guys are guilty of double talk. The first and most important thing is that as of today, the Packers have accomplished nothing. The ultimate goal is to win the SB. Sherman gave us winning years, playoff appearences and so on damn near every year. That was not enough. As of today, Ted has accomplished only a miniscule amount of Success compared to Sherman. So If it's about having a great record, we've been there and done that with the previous regime. So let's hold off on crowning Ted as the savior.

I also find it very ironic that the people that *****ed about Ted threads in the offseason and complained about how every thread got hi-jacked to a TT love/hate fest, are the people rehashing the old argument. Very ironic.

I also get sick to my stomach when I see people wanting to bring back some previous posters who were banned. These are the same people who *****ed and wanted them banned to begin with because thier opinions varied from thier own. So now when you have something to back up your argument you want them brought back, but yet when they had the upper hand you wanted them banned? It's cowardly. Those guys should be brought back, because they did the same thing the people arguing with them were guilty of doing, but they were turned into monsters by a few crying babies on this board.

In the end the poster who said if this team was left to take the field with Ted's talent alone we would be staring down the number 1 pick next year, was dead on. Without Brett we would be .500 at best. Without Brett, DD, Wells, Kampy, KGB, Harris, and others we would be up **** creek.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alot of you guys are guilty of double talk.

In the end the poster who said if this team was left to take the field with Ted's talent alone we would be staring down the number 1 pick next year, was dead on. Without Brett we would be .500 at best. Without Brett, DD, Wells, Kampy, KGB, Harris, and others we would be up **** creek.

Double talk, hmm?

DD = re-signed by Ted.

Wells = re-signed by Ted.

AK-74 = re-signed by Ted.

Harris = re-signed by Ted.

here's a couple more:

Barnett = re-signed by Ted.

Jenkins = re-signed by Ted.

All those guys u mentioned with the exception of KGB were extended by TT. No-brainers? Maybe, but look at Ahman. Alot of people thought he was a no-brainer, too. Letting him walk is looking like one of the smartest moves of this offseason. **** creek, indeed.

Members online

Latest posts