Please TED why are you destroying our team

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
ROFL

Adding five players an what some call the 'most nfl ready' player in the draft is destroying your team? Wowsie. Then DESTROY away!!

Just like I did before, I will pull up these threads next off season to make those of you eat your words or to let you bask in your infinite wisdom.

Chose your words wisely! :p

HMMMMM...yet when I brought back old posts by people ripping Favre and then praising him, I'm an A-hole.

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I guess all of the "other" GM's in the draft have all picked "gems" too..because that is what they are paid to do...you know..like the Bears...et. al..

They are all "gems" because TT picked them..

That's what I find kind of funny....

Seems Ted is in his glory because as Bruce said..he is an evaluator of college talent....NOt very good in FA...but he can get these guys that take 2-3 years to develop....or NOT!

The way you guys are kissing his ***...he must have to change his pants hourly because his *** is all wet...Jeez..you'd think he's the second coming of Lombardi for Christ's sake to some of you...If it was reported that TT was killing babies in the town square of Green Bay...i'm sure some of you would say that TT knows what he is doing and it's ok cause it fits in with the Packer GM's plans for the team...!

You guys are giving him WAY too much credit..(oh wait..late breaking bulletin...TT went to the can to wipe his ***..everyone cheer his brilliance..!)

Why not wait until the season unfolds...and the you can see how your Lord TT's choices really pan out..

...which will be quite a bit less then your lofty expectations of today..you will see...

[align=center]
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
[/align]
Hello to my fellow coconspirator. Yes we will be bashed by our Ted (*) Thompson supporters, but I love my Pack. Let me first say I have bled Green and Gold for almost 30 years. I really hate to be negative about anything; because I enjoy all the great gifts that are given to me in life and relish all of the wonderful items we have and understand just how short items might be. And I will never ever stop expressing my feelings for a person that so far under his watch has turned our team into a laughing stock of the NFL. Fired a coach who understood our tradition, and never had a losing season under his control! He then choose to get rid of and break up one of the best offensive lines in the NFL by letting Marco and arguably one of the best guards in the NFL in Wahle go by offering him a ridiculous low amount to stay. Then after his shake up of our staff he chooses to sign Mike McCarthy who under his tutelage was the Offensive Coordinator of 2 of the worst teams in the NFL (Saints & 49ers). I will give him credit for having one good year in 2002 when the Saints had an outbreak of Offensive by leading the league with 432 points & 49 TD’s. See I did give him some credit, but then back to his origin under his lead they again became laughing stocks of the NFL.

Under Macaroni he decides to bring in a man name Kurt Schottenheimer remember him? No let me refresh your memory he was on our staff in 2004 as our DB coach. Still not jogging your memory ok he was our DB coach on the WORST defensive team I think I can ever remember in my Packers memory. You know the DB’s that was a Fantasy Footballers dream come true for your wide receiver that week. Ready watch here he goes for 70 yard bomb oh not yet do I hear and 80 yard bomb you bet. Then just to make you pull the last follicle of hair out, lets just throw the ball as far as we can cuz there is going to be a Pass Interference penalty called on us to come. He then left or can we say (FIRED) in 2005 to go and coach the Rams secondary. Guess what folks the same thing happened the rams were a joke on defense or to be nice a Fantasy Footballers wide receiver weeks dream come true!

Ted (*) Thompson chooses to hire Macaroni while only a few doors down there is an individual coach who should have been chosen. Who some of us NFL insiders call a magician because if you don’t remember only one year earlier our Packer defense was an absolute nightmare. That mans name would be Mr. Jim Bates who under his watch had us ranked first against the pass, 23rd against the run, tied for 26th in takeaways and tied for 19th in points allowed. With pretty much the same players from the year before minus Darren(I missed so many tackles that year)Sharper and a couple other departed players, but not many. Incorrect hire? Many of us would most likely say YES.

Ted (*) Thompson then chose to pretty much come out and say to Brett and many of us fans that I do not care about winning with you or our hero by signing no key impact free agents and letting one of our best kickers in our franchise go, too my god the Vikings of all teams. That is the NFL lose some which means you have to gain some correct? On the market is the BEST KICKER in the league possible ever in Mr. Adam Vinatari. We fans think ok good move because we are going to get the best. :lol: Most all of us intelligent fans would say we are not going to let him walk out without a deal signed. Unfortunately Mr. Ted (*) Thompson decided that it was not even important enough to even BE THERE to tour him through our storied franchise. So I guess his plan is to grab the best kicker in the draft in Memphis K Stephen Gostowski so let’s just hope that is his plan. NOPE :lol:

Let me get this correct our NFC counterparts who already have contending teams and they go shopping the Vikings-Tank Williams, Steve Hutchinson, Tony Richardson, DeQuincy Scott, Mike McMahon, Adimchinobe Echemandu, Cowboys- Terrell Owens, Mike Vanderjagt, Falcons- Lawyer Milloy, John Abraham, Giants- Arrington, Panthers- Keyshawn Johnson, Seahawks-Nate Burleson, Julian Peterson, Russell Davis, Tom Ashworth, and our best free agent is who Marc Boerigter, Ryan Pickett, and now Woodson. TT supporters I really do not mean to be rude but why should we be happy with this? I really do not care one bit that if his plan is to be competitive in the future by having 2-3 years of 4-12 seasons. No way is that worth it, us loyal Packer fans have grown very accustomed to winning and his record so far is VERY unimpressive. Javon's contract situation could have and should have been handled during and or at the end year that way we would not have this negative look on our club. So I understand 2 a point, (don't agree) why you wanted a new place and a new start.

Then it comes time for our draft, many of us happy and excited Packer fans sat in front of mans best friend (TV) watching us get Hawk. Our 4-12 embarrassing season behind us and now over and time to forget. So we are about to experience the rewards of being Laughing Stocks of the NFL. Exuberance was flowing through many of use going into the 2’nd round with the thought of adding some key impact players on offense for Brett to use with players like C.Jackson and L.White and possibly some key impact defensive players because we know that Ted enjoys getting extra picks which is ok, if you get picks that are high enough to play now and not 3-4 years down the road. Remember that guy that is under center um I believe his name is BRETT FAVRE shouldn't we be giving him some talent to work with now that he chose to come back? So here comes the 36’th and my draft buddies and myself are sitting there ready to jump up and down and hug each other, (Which is not a MANLY thing to do :lol: ) because here comes C. Jackson, sweet this kid is 6-1 212 pounds and runs a 4.43 and is going to be a great big receiver for Brett. Well isn’t that what Macaroni said he wanted was bigger faster receivers? Then we hear the news that GB has traded their 36’th to NE for a 52 & 75 and boom their goes Jackson. Our jaws hit the floor and our veins in the middle of our forehead’s start to pulse big enough to see from the moon. We look at each other and are very angry but like intelligent and rational adults we decide to chill because we see that Denver is going to get Walker which means great we are going to get that 2’nd round pick. So we gather our thoughts and emotions and are ready to jump up and down cuz we will get L. White. Then it is brought to our attention that we got rid of Walker and we become speechless when we see that he then trades it to ATL with No. 139 for Nos. 47, 93, & 148. We look at each other and it comes to our attention that we have just wasted 3-4 hours of our life (watching this as loyal Packer fans) that has now become usless and feel really stupid because we will never get that time back. So us being men we decide and say lets just put on the punching gloves and beat the crap our of each other to let out our extreme frustration. We could not find and gloves so we decide to just pick up the couch, loveseat, footstool, desk, computer, TV, or pretty much anything that was not bolted down to the ground and toss it out through every window in the house. So you can just imagine the looks we get from the wives when they get home!

So we got rid of our most potent WR and in return we get a 5â€

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Offense Fantasy~Freak*4*Life but you have no idea what your talking about. And to say TT is destroying our team proves that, TT did a great job with our draft and got us a lot of good players. And you cant sit here and grade a draft and what players we got and didnt get until about 1-3 years down the road.

P.S Stop Saying "Hey All," it is Annoying the crap out of me and I'm sure everyone else as well.

P.S Again "that was very long." Posted By Tromadz

And a waste of your time I didnt get past the first word

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fantasy~Freak*4*Life said:
[quote="P@ck66":17rn5f4w]I guess all of the "other" GM's in the draft have all picked "gems" too..because that is what they are paid to do...you know..like the Bears...et. al..

They are all "gems" because TT picked them..

That's what I find kind of funny....

Seems Ted is in his glory because as Bruce said..he is an evaluator of college talent....NOt very good in FA...but he can get these guys that take 2-3 years to develop....or NOT!

The way you guys are kissing his ***...he must have to change his pants hourly because his *** is all wet...Jeez..you'd think he's the second coming of Lombardi for Christ's sake to some of you...If it was reported that TT was killing babies in the town square of Green Bay...i'm sure some of you would say that TT knows what he is doing and it's ok cause it fits in with the Packer GM's plans for the team...!

You guys are giving him WAY too much credit..(oh wait..late breaking bulletin...TT went to the can to wipe his ***..everyone cheer his brilliance..!)

Why not wait until the season unfolds...and the you can see how your Lord TT's choices really pan out..

...which will be quite a bit less then your lofty expectations of today..you will see...

[align=center]
[/align]
Hello to my fellow coconspirator. Yes we will be bashed by our Ted (*) Thompson supporters...
[align=center]
[/align][/quote:17rn5f4w]

I agree with some of what your saying. But dude, you have to drop that Ted (*) Thompson, I dont think anyone thinks its funny.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
ROFL

Adding five players an what some call the 'most nfl ready' player in the draft is destroying your team? Wowsie. Then DESTROY away!!

Just like I did before, I will pull up these threads next off season to make those of you eat your words or to let you bask in your infinite wisdom.

HMMMMM...yet when I brought back old posts by people ripping Favre and then praising him, I'm an A-hole.

'sigh'

Again, please check your PM.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
ROFL

'sigh'

Again, please check your PM.

Dude....please quit stalking me. Keep it on the board. It was a legitimate question.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Dude....please quit stalking me. Keep it on the board. It was a legitimate question.

You're question is not relevant to the topic.

To refresh your memory, Please TED why are you destroying our team <-- topic.

The Atrium and Smack Area would be suffice for your question.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends if it was on topic and what the PM was about. I would rather have mods take it to PM if it's something the needs to be one on one, rather than take the thread completly off topic as we have so far (my self included with this post)...

Back on topic...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am so sorry for you Brett for having made the decision to come back because this complete retard we have as a Gm, does not give 2 ***** about winning with you.

Myself and some friends were watching the draft today and we were so excited after the first round knowing that we would get some prime time players in the early 2’nd round that could produce this year.

The second round came and, we knew that Denver most likely would deal to get Walker. Which would leave us with 2 great early picks, and us fans that believe we know what is good for our team, were feeling very confident that Brett would get C Jackson, and possibly L. White. But guess what loyal packer fans this ***** ****** Thompson trades 36 and lets Jackson go and then gets rid of Javon to Denver for WHO? We then gets rid of the #37 pick.

So let me get this straight we get rid of a Pro Bowl Receiver and get what in return? No Lilie or anything to replace him which meant we lost our most potent WR. We don’t get Jackson, White or any impact players in the second round. We got so angry that we turned off the draft and started playing Madden. Ted does not care about winning now. So all of you people that were on the Sherman 3rd round punter draft hater wagon, PLEASE tell me what your man Ted (****** Amish **** Leakage) Thompson is doing. Because my draft friends and I have no ***** clue what so ever.

I am so embarrassed as a fan with our draft that I had to go to my favorite place the crapper and read my Maxim and Playboy to make me just a little happier and from not sticking my head in the toilet and flushing it. Which is what I personally believe Ted (****** Amish **** Leakage) Thompson did to our team today?

You shouldn't be embarrassed. You should be PROUD the rest of us let you continue being a Packer fan as we know how difficult trying times can be.

We have faith you will come around :)

Seriously though, Maxim and Playboy rock!

And the Packers are goin to be FINE!

8 - 8 or 9 - 7 this year (WEAK schedule, maybe more W's)
The following year (Brett's last year) will be the year we make the hard run for the SB.

Fizz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
This year...it seems like he purposely traded down to screw Favre out of a quality receiver...not to mention the Javon fiasco...you're right...TT doesn't want to win this year...

HUH!!!

Western Michigan WR Greg Jennings and TCU WR Cory Rodgers were 2 of the best WR's on the board!

What the hell do you want P@ck66????

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am so sorry for you Brett for having made the decision to come back because this complete retard we have as a Gm, does not give 2 ***** about winning with you.

Myself and some friends were watching the draft today and we were so excited after the first round knowing that we would get some prime time players in the early 2’nd round that could produce this year.

The second round came and, we knew that Denver most likely would deal to get Walker. Which would leave us with 2 great early picks, and us fans that believe we know what is good for our team, were feeling very confident that Brett would get C Jackson, and possibly L. White. But guess what loyal packer fans this ***** ****** Thompson trades 36 and lets Jackson go and then gets rid of Javon to Denver for WHO? We then gets rid of the #37 pick.

So let me get this straight we get rid of a Pro Bowl Receiver and get what in return? No Lilie or anything to replace him which meant we lost our most potent WR. We don’t get Jackson, White or any impact players in the second round. We got so angry that we turned off the draft and started playing Madden. Ted does not care about winning now. So all of you people that were on the Sherman 3rd round punter draft hater wagon, PLEASE tell me what your man Ted (****** Amish **** Leakage) Thompson is doing. Because my draft friends and I have no ***** clue what so ever.

I am so embarrassed as a fan with our draft that I had to go to my favorite place the crapper and read my Maxim and Playboy to make me just a little happier and from not sticking my head in the toilet and flushing it. Which is what I personally believe Ted (****** Amish **** Leakage) Thompson did to our team today?

Flubber and Blubber equal Mumbal and Jumbal!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Fizz said:
P@ck66 said:
This year...it seems like he purposely traded down to screw Favre out of a quality receiver...not to mention the Javon fiasco...you're right...TT doesn't want to win this year...

HUH!!!

Western Michigan WR Greg Jennings and TCU WR Cory Rodgers were 2 of the best WR's on the board!

What the hell do you want P@ck66????

The Wr the Pack passed on to take Jennings..

Not even a week wide receiver class could elevate Florida's Chad Jackson into the first round. Many mock drafts had him as the first receiver taken after he ran a 4.32 in the 40 at the combine. But scouts obviously felt he was a workout wonder and not that great of a football player...

Now some info on Jennings

Jennings had better times in the 3 cone and 60 yard shuttle then Jackson did..

Jennings has been one of the more productive college wideouts over the past three seasons, but nobody has taken notice. As a sophomore in 2003, Jennings hauled in 56 passes for 1,050 yards and 14 touchdowns. As a junior, he caught 74 balls for 1,092 yards and 11 TD's. Jennings went out with a bang in 2005, finishing with career highs across the board. He caught 98 passes for 1,259 yards, and 14 touchdowns.

Greg Jennings is a true playmaker at WR. With the recent change in contact rules between corners and wideouts, Jennings is the type of receiver teams are looking for. He has the quickness in and out of cuts to gain separation, and when he has the ball in his hands he can make people miss, and has the speed to outrun defenders for big plays.

Jennings has a lot of experience and has produced at a high level for three consecutive seasons. With his development and talent, Jennings could be a factor as a rookie out of the slot.

While he is not afraid of contact, Jennings needs to get stronger to be a consistent threat over the middle of the field. He has had some problems when facing more physical corners. Even though the talent in the MAC is improving, he still has not faced a lot of quality corners on a consistent basis.

Greg Jennings has been a steady riser since the end of the season. Scouts knew his name because of his production, but wanted to see his true physical ability. He tested out well in agility drills and clocked a 4.46 40 at the combine, showing he has the talent to play at the next level.

There are a lot of questions in the second tier of wide receivers in this draft, and Jennings could take advantage and move up into the middle of the second round.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This might give you an explanation why we passed on Chad Jackson:

First of all, I've been reading this forum for a few months and decided now was a good time to add my two cents. I hope my input meets this high standard displayed by the posters on this site.

Anyway, what motivated me to post was the dismay expressed by many who would have liked Ted Thompson to draft a guy like Chad Jackson, rather than trade out of the spot. While a player may garner a high grade, perhaps even the highest grade at a position all things being equal, the reality is all things are NOT equal and certain players are better fits in certain places. Players have to fit the system as well as the environment to fully live up to these generalized draft grades. There is no shame in being an at home scout and evaluating all of these players. But you must take into account whether a players strengths and weaknesses match your program. The truth is some NFL GMs even fail to realize this. Think Mike Sherman.

Let's get to Chad Jackson. Jackson's strengths are: downfield threat, body control, and speed. His weaknesses are: route running, physicality, and blocking ability. Now obviously those strenghts exceed his weaknesses all things being equal. That's why he garnered a high grade. However, the only way to achieve the maximization of that grade for this kind of player would be to play on a fast track in a system that is heavily vertical downfield. Well the kind of perfect fit for a Chad Jackson would be a St. Louis or Indianapolis, indoors with a vertical passing game. But his weaknesses are the exact focus and needs of what Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are bringing back to Green Bay. True west coast offense with a horizontal passing game requires physical WR's who run precise routes and can succeed without top speed. Think Sterling Sharpe and and to an extent Antonio Freeman. Sharpe succeeded in Green Bay on a slow track without speed because he was one of the best route runners in the NFL. Sharp cuts and crisp breaks will always get you open on short and intermediate routes. Some of Freeman's best games came in rain games, mud games, and on frozen fields when speed is completely negated and larger WR's thrive. His sure footedness made him faster on a bad field. (Side note: The one play in Packers history that always amazes me is how on a fast track in New Orleans, Freeman got behind and ran away from NE defenders in Super Bowl XXXI for that 80 yard td. NE must have had a really slow secondary.)

See the reality of playing winning football in Green Bay is building your team around players who are large, strong, sure footed, and built low to the ground. A guy like Edgar Bennett comes to mind. He wasn't blessed with any speed whatsoever but his low center of gravity and ability to keep his footing on a bad track were a thing of beauty. Dorsey Levens was built much the same way. Speed is something that absolutely is taken away by the elements after September and early October. On defense you need sure tacklers in the same way you need physical players on offense. Where Mike Sherman went wrong was his obsession with adding speed when he took over from Ron Wolf. Sherman was apparently more concerned with improving our record in domes than building the team for half his games at Lambeau and places like Soldier field come November and December. In reality I'm sure winning in domes wasn't his number 1 priority, but the truth is Sherman thought adding speed would make this team better. It did not.

You might notice we began recently to win in the Metrodome, but began losing our home field advantage. Well read Ron Wolf's book someday. He could care less if we lost all three dome games we played each year, if we won every game played at home and outdoors. Luckily in our Super Bowl win that was played in a dome we faced an outdoor team that was even slower overall than we were. A Sherman pick is a Ahmad Carrol...a smurf who can run like the wind. Sherman also would have picked a guy like Jackson.

Now that we're back to true west coast offense and Ted Thompson is drafting the kind of players who while they may lack elite speed but whose strengths are accentuated at Lambeau, you will see many other benefits. Brett Favre's completion percentage will rise and his INT rate will decline back to respectable territory. Under Sherman not only did we draft the wrong type of player, but we ran a high risk passing game. We threw the ball downfield more and more as Sherman's tenure went on. It played to Javon Walker's strength but against Brett Favre's and that of the team overall. A player like Rod Gardner will put up the best numbers of his career. We will start winning again at Lambeau and regain a home field advantage. Metrodome games might again get ugly, but you don't have to win them all to make trips to the big game.

As for Jackson, if I'm Ted Thompson GM of the Indianapolis Colts, I take Chad Jackson without hesitation. That is not to say a player like Chad Jackson could not be a capable player in Green Bay. But to maintain a high success rate in drafting you can't stray and pick and choose between players who fit your profile and the occasional guys who may not fit perfectly. You're going to have many misses even with the guys whose strengths match your system and environment. That's why you have no room to take chances on guys who don't. It's why Sherman hit a couple of home runs (Walker and Barnett) but overwhelmingly missed on the rest. Had he drafted players whose strengths matched Lambeau, he would have hit on a higher rate. I'm a little dumbfounded by New England's selection of Jackson but he will probably help them beat their primary nemesis' Indy and Miami. But Ted Thompson is the GM of the Green Bay Packers and it's his job to draft players whose strengths match this system and environment.

Well written post.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and this is exactly what we find in Greg Jennings:

Jennings is a very good athlete with the foot quickness, agility and explosiveness to make big plays in the open field. He makes his biggest impact by making things happen after the catch. He is a very smart receiver that runs very sharp routes -- sells fakes very well and can get the cornerback to bite and turn the wrong way. When he can get the cornerback turned, Jennings has the burst to get separation deep down the field. He has very good hands and has shown the ability to pluck the ball away from defenders' hands at nearly full speed.

Sharp routes
Good blocking

Gives a good effort and nearly always stays on block long enough to eliminate his man from the play.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is all well and good but you at least need the threat of a deep WR to help open up the middle. Other they can play one on one and load the box with defenders and make it more difficult to run those routes. Sharpe had good speed along with his size as did Brooks. Send someone deep that requires double coverage and everything opens up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts