Please TED why are you destroying our team

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am so sorry for you Brett for having made the decision to come back because this complete retard we have as a Gm, does not give 2 ***** about winning with you.

Myself and some friends were watching the draft today and we were so excited after the first round knowing that we would get some prime time players in the early 2’nd round that could produce this year.

The second round came and, we knew that Denver most likely would deal to get Walker. Which would leave us with 2 great early picks, and us fans that believe we know what is good for our team, were feeling very confident that Brett would get C Jackson, and possibly L. White. But guess what loyal packer fans this ******* ****** Thompson trades 36 and lets Jackson go and then gets rid of Javon to Denver for WHO? We then gets rid of the #37 pick.

So let me get this straight we get rid of a Pro Bowl Receiver and get what in return? No Lilie or anything to replace him which meant we lost our most potent WR. We don’t get Jackson, White or any impact players in the second round. We got so angry that we turned off the draft and started playing Madden. Ted does not care about winning now. So all of you people that were on the Sherman 3rd round punter draft hater wagon, PLEASE tell me what your man Ted (****** Amish **** Leakage) Thompson is doing. Because my draft friends and I have no ******* clue what so ever.

I am so embarrassed as a fan with our draft that I had to go to my favorite place the crapper and read my Maxim and Playboy to make me just a little happier and from not sticking my head in the toilet and flushing it. Which is what I personally believe Ted (****** Amish **** Leakage) Thompson did to our team today?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand why everyone needs to make their own threads with their opinions on topics we already have. There's already a thread about how we did in the draft. Why can't you post your opinion there, and not clutter the forums?

Sorry.. just a pet peeve that's been bothering me for a while.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:
I don't understand why everyone needs to make their own threads with their opinions on topics we already have. There's already a thread about how we did in the draft. Why can't you post your opinion there, and not clutter the forums?

Sorry.. just a pet peeve that's been bothering me for a while.

:agree:

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Good post Fantasy...

Although alot of the TT sycophants are going to rip you for it...or ignore it because it make too much sense....

Last year his philosophy was draft the best player available...

This year...it seems like he purposely traded down to screw Favre out of a quality receiver...not to mention the Javon fiasco...you're right...TT doesn't want to win this year...

But get ready...the TT droid mind cult will attack you out of their nonsensical, slavish devotion to the man....

it's not rational...but it's real...

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought we drafted a wide receiver who many think is going to be a big-time NFL player...I give up with you people.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's impossible to "destroy a team" through the draft. Plus, it's not like Ted just makes this **** up. He makes moves based on the types of players that McCarthy tells him he needs.

I don't think we'll make the playoffs this year, but if we do, you're not allowed to enjoy it.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone(myself included) gets hung up on the few names we are familiar with and get upset when they slide by to another team, but I think we need to relax a little and see how this plays out during training camp and ballgames before we ride TT out of town on a rail.

There is a reason that some of the names mentioned were still there when GB drafted in the 2nd and 3rd. Not only did TT pass, but other teams did as well.

The best any of us can say about any teams draft at this point is we THINK it is good, bad, etc. But none of us will know for sure until September of this year or later.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
ROFL

Adding five players an what some call the 'most nfl ready' player in the draft is destroying your team? Wowsie. Then DESTROY away!!

Just like I did before, I will pull up these threads next off season to make those of you eat your words or to let you bask in your infinite wisdom.

Chose your words wisely! :p

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is hilarious to me. People who causually, or even somewhat intensely, follow college football and the draft think that they know what players are better than the people that are paid to scout and select the players, based pretty much only on whether they had heard of the player or not. This keeps making me think of the next great Packers safety of last years draft Ernest Shazor. Just cool it and let the people who get paid to do this job do their work. Hodge in the third round? That is an amazing pick up. Ted Thompson seems to be very good at getting the under the radar players that translate better to the NFL than these guys that played at big colleges that are all flash.

figtab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Good post Fantasy...

Although alot of the TT sycophants are going to rip you for it...or ignore it because it make too much sense....

This year...it seems like he purposely traded down to screw Favre out of a quality receiver...not to mention the Javon fiasco...you're right...TT doesn't want to win this year...

But get ready...the TT droid mind cult will attack you out of their nonsensical, slavish devotion to the man....

I am gonna keep on saying it Greg Jennings is gonna be a STAR!!!!!!

I remember when everyone was dissing TT about Nick Collins when he was drafted! look how he turned out!!

TT knows what he is doing!!!!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
figtab said:
P@ck66 said:
Good post Fantasy...

I am gonna keep on saying it Greg Jennings is gonna be a STAR!!!!!!

I remember when everyone was dissing TT about Nick Collins when he was drafted! look how he turned out!!

TT knows what he is doing!!!!
Agreed figtab. You just made the best two points of the thread about Jennings and Collins. Turning 6 picks into 11 in a deep draft is wise.

Maybe we should go back in time a few years a remember what a real clueless GM does on draft day!

Sorry Charmin Sycophants!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fantasy~Freak*4*Life said:
Hey all,

I am so sorry for you Brett for having made the decision to come back because this complete retard we have as a Gm, does not give 2 ***** about winning with you.

Myself and some friends were watching the draft today and we were so excited after the first round knowing that we would get some prime time players in the early 2’nd round that could produce this year.

The second round came and, we knew that Denver most likely would deal to get Walker. Which would leave us with 2 great early picks, and us fans that believe we know what is good for our team, were feeling very confident that Brett would get C Jackson, and possibly L. White. But guess what loyal packer fans this ***** ****** Thompson trades 36 and lets Jackson go and then gets rid of Javon to Denver for WHO? We then gets rid of the #37 pick.

So let me get this straight we get rid of a Pro Bowl Receiver and get what in return? No Lilie or anything to replace him which meant we lost our most potent WR. We don’t get Jackson, White or any impact players in the second round. We got so angry that we turned off the draft and started playing Madden. Ted does not care about winning now. So all of you people that were on the Sherman 3rd round punter draft hater wagon, PLEASE tell me what your man Ted (****** Amish **** Leakage) Thompson is doing. Because my draft friends and I have no ***** clue what so ever.

I am so embarrassed as a fan with our draft that I had to go to my favorite place the crapper and read my Maxim and Playboy to make me just a little happier and from not sticking my head in the toilet and flushing it. Which is what I personally believe Ted (****** Amish **** Leakage) Thompson did to our team today?

Instant classic.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I guess all of the "other" GM's in the draft have all picked "gems" too..because that is what they are paid to do...you know..like the Bears...et. al..

They are all "gems" because TT picked them..

That's what I find kind of funny....

Seems Ted is in his glory because as Bruce said..he is an evaluator of college talent....NOt very good in FA...but he can get these guys that take 2-3 years to develop....or NOT!

The way you guys are kissing his ***...he must have to change his pants hourly because his *** is all wet...Jeez..you'd think he's the second coming of Lombardi for Christ's sake to some of you...If it was reported that TT was killing babies in the town square of Green Bay...i'm sure some of you would say that TT knows what he is doing and it's ok cause it fits in with the Packer GM's plans for the team...!

You guys are giving him WAY too much credit..(oh wait..late breaking bulletin...TT went to the can to wipe his ***..everyone cheer his brilliance..!)

Why not wait until the season unfolds...and the you can see how your Lord TT's choices really pan out..

...which will be quite a bit less then your lofty expectations of today..you will see...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
This is hilarious to me. People who causually, or even somewhat intensely, follow college football and the draft think that they know what players are better than the people that are paid to scout and select the players, based pretty much only on whether they had heard of the player or not.

I feel the same...

It is TT however...He is out to destroy the team...He wants to prove to the entire NFL that he is an idiot in everything he does... This way he will not be able to work EVER AGAIN in any part of a front office job that has anything to do with football...

He only has played in the NFL and then became part of front office areas in the NFL...Why would he want to be able to continue in the same field as he gets older..

Now that makes perfect sense to me :p

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson has a great draft record.

Lets look at his drafts from 2000-2003.

2000 Draft:
1 19 Shaun Alexander HB Alabama
1 22 Chris McIntosh OT Wisconsin
2 52 Ike Charlton CB Virginia Tech
3 80 Darrell Jackson WR Florida
4 116 Marcus Bell OLB Arizona
4 119 Isaiah Kacyvenski ILB Harvard
6 175 James Williams WR Marshall
6 185 Tim Watson DT Rowan

2001 Draft:
1 9 Koren Robinson WR North Carolina St.
1 17 Steve Hutchinson OG Michigan
2 40 Ken Lucas CB Ole Miss
3 82 Heath Evans FB Auburn
4 104 Orlando Huff OLB Fresno St.
4 127 Curtis Fuller CB TCU
4 128 Pork Chop Womack OG Mississippi St.
5 140 Alex Bannister WR Eastern Kentucky
6 172 Josh Booty QB LSU
7 210 Harold Blackmon CB Northwestern
7 222 Dennis Norman OT Princeton
7 237 Kris Kocurek DT Texas Tech

2002 Draft:
1 28 Jerramy Stevens TE Washington
2 54 Maurice Morris HB Oregon
2 60 Anton Palepoi DE UNLV
3 85 Kris Richard CB USC
4 120 Terreal Bierria S Georgia
5 146 Rocky Bernard DE Texas A&M
5 169 Ryan Hannam TE Northern Iowa
5 171 Matt Hill OT Boise St.
6 194 Craig Jarrett P Michigan St.
7 232 Jeff Kelly QB Southern Miss

2003 Draft:
1 11(11) Marcus Trufant CB Wash. St.
2 10(42) Ken Hamlin* S Arkansas
3 9(73) Wayne Hunter* OT Hawaii
4 13(110) Seneca Wallace QB Iowa St.
4 38(135) Solomon Bates ILB Arizona St.
5 30(165) Chris Davis FB Syracuse
6 10(183) Rashad Moore DT Tennessee
6 190 John Hilliard DT Mississippi St.
7 8(222) Josh Brown K Nebraska
7 10(224) Taco Wallace WR Kansas St.

Some pretty good players in those drafts gentlemen...

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
smlutz said:

2000 Draft:

2001 Draft:
6 172 Josh Booty QB LSU

2002 Draft:
3 85 Kris Richard CB USC

2003 Draft:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not give this ****** Amish **** Leakage all this credit. I do believe that there was a genius named MIKE HOLMGRAM there, remember him?????

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
smlutz said:

2000 Draft:

2001 Draft:
6 172 Josh Booty QB LSU

2002 Draft:
3 85 Kris Richard CB USC

2003 Draft:

[align=center]Also those players you mention that are pretty good are picked WHERE!!! 1,2,3 NOT 30 extra picks in the 5 and 6 rounds!![/align]

[align=center]

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
ROFL

Adding five players an what some call the 'most nfl ready' player in the draft is destroying your team? Wowsie. Then DESTROY away!!

Just like I did before, I will pull up these threads next off season to make those of you eat your words or to let you bask in your infinite wisdom.

Chose your words wisely! :p

If we are incorrect I will gladly eat crow. Though if we are correct you post that Ted (****** Amish **** Leakage) Thompson must be FIRED!!!

[align=center]

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deal.

If TT destroys the packers, i will glady post that.

if the packers make the playoffs this year, you have to say "ted thompson is a gneius."

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
smlutz said:

2000 Draft:

2001 Draft:
6 172 Josh Booty QB LSU

2002 Draft:
3 85 Kris Richard CB USC

2003 Draft:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not give this ****** Amish **** Leakage all this credit. I do believe that there was a genius named MIKE HOLMGRAM there, remember him?????

Ted Thompson had a lot of say in that Draft Room with Holmgrem. He was the teams top talent scout.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why do we have to argue again over if it was Mike or TT??

This is just my opinion, and how I feel but it looks pretty much black and white to me...

Mike had FINAL say, but if you research it, you will see Mike would go on TT's recommendation.
From

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Thompson

Thomspon worked in Seattle along with former Packers and current Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren. During Thompsons time in Seattle, The Seahawks advanced to the playoffs in two of the five seasons there with several players Thompson helped acquired through the draft. Some of the notable players Thompson selected in his tenure with the Seahawks were running back Shaun Alexander, kicker Josh Brown, guard Steve Hutchinson, and wide receiver Darrell Jackson, cornerbacks Marcus Trufant and Ken Lucas, safeties Ken Hamlin and Michael Boulware

People might hate the article from jsonline and claim it is "fluff", but IMO it is an unbiased opinion from a Seattle front office guy...He mentions how TT and OTHERS worked out trades with teams, but the DRAFt was all on TT's shoulders...

If he is lying in the article people would have heard about it..

During Thompson's watch, the Seahawks also traded Ahman Green to the Packers, acquired Matt Hasselbeck from the Packers and conducted free agency. It's more difficult to judge Thompson in those areas because Holmgren and others were so much more involved. The drafts, however, basically were all Thompson's. Here's a closer look at how he fared:

On the day before the draft, Thompson informed Reinfeldt that he was targeting Alexander at 19 and McIntosh at 22. The Seahawks got whom they wanted. ( just to clarify he was in charge of the draft here is another part)

In the second round, Thompson gave in to the defensive coaching staff and selected defensive back Ike Charlton. He was a bust. Thompson learned a lesson.

Members online

Latest posts