Please stop saying, "It is hard to beat a team 3 times in a season"

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You point with fingers. We'll stick with sticks.
Are fish fingers minced fish or are they more like fillets? I've had both. Fish sticks are cheaper and typically smaller than the fillets.

You apparently already know the answers I`ll leave you to figure that out for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
You point with fingers. We'll stick with sticks.
Are fish fingers minced fish or are they more like fillets? I've had both. Fish sticks are cheaper and typically smaller than the fillets.
Fish dont have fingers. You Brits have been hoodwinked.

No need to bring up buffalo wings. I know.
You apparently already know the answers I`ll leave you to figure that out for yourself.
Get back on topic before I lock this thread. :ninja: :whistling: ;)

I

I was just saying it sounds like a fish stick although those are usually processed and frozen, I am guessing a fish finger uses fresh fish?

I get it but we call them fish fingers. We also have a thing called a fish/crab stick which completely distinct pink and white compressed strips. The thing you call fish stick is a few inches long and covered in breadcrumbs.

Southside

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW, where is Penny Lane and please explain a fish and finger pie? :whistling:

Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes
A four of fish and finger pies
In summer, meanwhile back
Behind the shelter in the middle of the roundabout
The pretty nurse is selling poppies from a tray…

The line "Four of fish and finger pies" is British slang. "A four of fish" refers to fourpennyworth of fish and chips, while "finger pie" is ****** slang of the time, referring to intimate fondlings.

Last edited:

Sky King

Reaction score
Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes
A four of fish and finger pies
In summer, meanwhile back
Behind the shelter in the middle of the roundabout
The pretty nurse is selling poppies from a tray…

The line "Four of fish and finger pies" is British slang. "A four of fish" refers to fourpennyworth of fish and chips, while "finger pie" is ****** slang of the time, referring to intimate fondlings.
Tsk, tsk. We were trying to keep it from the children.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well thanks all. Now I have put Magical Mystery Tour on my headphones to listen to as I wastefully spend the remainder of my day reading until my wife comes home. And thinking about watching Almost Famous to see Kate Hudson.

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won’t say it but personally, I’d rather see a rematch with the Niners than to risk being knocked out of a SB appearance by the damn Vikings. Remember, they didn’t have a run game in the last meeting. Now that Cook and Mattison are back, they’re a much better team. No way would the Pack get blown out by the Niners again.

I

I won’t say it but personally, I’d rather see a rematch with the Niners than to risk being knocked out of a SB appearance by the damn Vikings. Remember, they didn’t have a run game in the last meeting. Now that Cook and Mattison are back, they’re a much better team. No way would the Pack get blown out by the Niners again.

I think you just have bud.....lol

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Niners are legit. Packers need to win tomorrow to get a shot at them, but that may be a long shot to beat them if we do. That was one impressive defense that played today. If I remember correctly, when we played the 9'ers they had some key pieces missing due to injury. Well, those pieces are back and that is going to be one big mountain to climb next week. I just hope we are lacing up next week to give it a try.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Niners are legit. Packers need to win tomorrow to get a shot at them, but that may be a long shot to beat them if we do.
I agree, but if you get a chance at a long shot to get into the Super Bowl, I'll take the long shot.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I agree, but if you get a chance at a long shot to get into the Super Bowl, I'll take the long shot.

Yup and the 9'ers are showing what happens when you hit on some high draft picks in successive years. While I won't pretend to know a lot about how Lynch put them together, it sounds like his #1 priority was the defensive line and man, that is one good D-line.

D

Deleted member 6794

Niners are legit. Packers need to win tomorrow to get a shot at them, but that may be a long shot to beat them if we do. That was one impressive defense that played today. If I remember correctly, when we played the 9'ers they had some key pieces missing due to injury. Well, those pieces are back and that is going to be one big mountain to climb next week. I just hope we are lacing up next week to give it a try.

Dee Ford wasn't playing in the first meeting vs. the Niners but other than that they were healthy on defense.

While the Niners definitely impressed vs. the Vikings yesterday don't forget that the Packers dominated the Vikings in a similar fashion in week 16 at their place.

Seems like having Dalvin Cook available doesn't make a whole lot of a difference if the opponents controls the LOS after all.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
While the Niners definitely impressed vs. the Vikings yesterday don't forget that the Packers dominated the Vikings in a similar fashion in week 16 at their place.

Seems like having Dalvin Cook available doesn't make a whole lot of a difference if the opponents controls the LOS after all.

Dominated with out Cook. And I said maybe similar outcome but defense wouldn't have been as easy.

that niner defense is sick..horribly fantastic.

To try and lay claim you are right over cook not making a difference has no bearing because we were talking about Packers defense

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well looks like we won't have to worry about Minnesota. I will say this, should we get past Seattle, SF will be our ultimate test. If we beat them, I don't see anyone stopping us from winning the SB. They are the gatekeepers imo.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well looks like we won't have to worry about Minnesota. I will say this, should we get past Seattle, SF will be our ultimate test. If we beat them, I don't see anyone stopping us from winning the SB. They are the gatekeepers imo.

The Chiefs with Mahomes and the Titans wouldn't be pushovers by any means.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chiefs with Mahomes and the Titans wouldn't be pushovers by any means.
Oh no doubt, but imo SF is better than both of those teams. Again this will be pointless if we don't get past Seattle, but if we beat them and San Fran, I don't see anyone beating us.

We have to beat Seattle first, but San Fran imo are the gatekeepers.

Sky King

Reaction score
Agree with all that the 49er defense is impressive. Their speed to the ball really stands out. But as the Packer defense also proved recently, the Vikings' O line has also not played particularly well or consistently. They certainly didn't play well yesterday.

Between the Packers and Seahawks OL, I think the Packers would be the better of the two and have the best chance to hold up against that 49er front seven. At least it should if the GB vs SF game earlier in the season was more of an anomaly than a true measure of the match-up. And if the Packers do prevail today I hope the 49ers look past the Packers and are overconfident they'll win and see the game as a mere formality on their way to the SB.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Between the Packers and Seahawks OL, I think the Packers would be the better of the two and have the best chance to hold up against that 49er front seven..
Seattle nearly beat SF the last time they played, really should have.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I will just say by now that the thread's original point it is moot because the Vikes obviously didn't uphold their end of the bargain. But I'd say that's in part the problem there. There's a reason why they went 10-6 and we went 13-3. Are there a few instances where a team got swept in the regular season only to beat the sweepers a third time? Sure, but there's a reason it doesn't happen that often.

I suppose the argument could have been made that had they beaten SF the other day, we'd be dealing with a hot team that got healthy and confident that we didn't want to face. But even still that may not necessarily have been the case had SF just self imploded and the Vikes managed to stay turnover free.

Bottom line, as moot as it is, I don't see the result of a would have been third meeting playing out any different than the first two, just as it's stupid and ridiculous to think the Packers got an easier matchup against the Seahawks than they would have had against the Saints or Eagles. Ridiculous and made up of debunked points that were put on full display on national television last week.

Members online

Latest posts