1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Please Help Us In Afghanistan!

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by USAF, Sep 12, 2011.

1. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    10% last time I checked

2. ozbuc

ozbuc Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    Passed this on to my wife. She and a bunch of secretaries from her work went there and voted. BTW I lived near Iron River back in the late 50s. Oulu actually. Don't happen to know John Armagost do you?

3. USAF

USAF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    I've heard the name. I play baseball for the Oulu Bluejays! I know the Lahti's well along with a few others from Oulu. Looks like we didn't get the vote to watch the game for this week. We went up from 5 to 10% though. I'll put a reminder message out next Monday as soon as the voting for next weeks game opens again. The voting is only open Mon-Wed so maybe we'll have enough next week. Thanks again for all the help everyone!
    Dean

4. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Terre Haute Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +191
    My sentiments, exactly! My nephew is in the Marine Corps. and has served in Iraq and returned home a couple of months ago from Afghanistan. You DEFINITELY are deserving of having this request made available! One of the reasons I became a Packer fan was because of my Dad who was an Army veteran of WW II. He shared stories with me about the friendships with fellow soldiers from his company who came from all over our country and how everyone "had each others backs" and were always looking out for each other. And one friendship in particular he spoke of highly happened to be a soldier from Spooner, WI, and of course, this gentleman was a Packer fan as was my Dad from that moment on. By the grace of God, both returned to their homes safely and my thoughts and prayers are with you that God will keep you out of harms way and return you home safely as well. THANK YOU for your bravery in service to our great country and for protecting and preserving our freedom. Enjoy watching your Packers because I have faith that this request IS going to happen! Packer Nation "has your back!" Godspeed!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    Thanks a lot guys :)

6. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +484
    Check your Profile Posts... i posted the link there and plus I voted on FB!!! Go Pack Go!!!

7. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    Gave this link to my buddy that is currently a Marine recrutier in Green Bay and he is telling all his new recrutes to go on there and vote. Also, he posted it on his FB page and all his other guys that are in the Marines will also be voting. Packer nation has your back since you have the whole nations back.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,410
    Last week someone found a back door in the system and tried making the bills vs chiefs game win

9. USAF

USAF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Voting is now open for next weeks game. I was able to find a radio station and stream the broadcast. Our internet isn't fast enough for video streaming. :(

10. USAF

USAF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    We're leading with 20% right now! Let's keep it up there please!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

11. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +484
    USAF... did you try the streaming link???

12. USAF

USAF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Yeah, I can't stream anything other than a radio broadcast as our bandwidth is too slow here at my FOB. Thanks for the idea though! Going home for R&R in 9 days and will for sure be seeing the game in 2 weeks!

13. PackFanatic

PackFanatic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Dean,

From a Fellow Veteran.. Stay Safe and thank you for your Service. That being said i have asked all 550 friends of mine on FB to hit that poll as hard as we will hit the opponents!! Stay Safe!!

Viet Nam Vet 1969-1970 ~

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wood Chipper

Ratings:
    +1,410
    Yeah last week Arizona and Washington won. Let's get Green Bay vs Chicago this week :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. wischeez

wischeez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    What time on Wednesday do they stop the voting? Anyone know?

16. wischeez

wischeez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I have also let other Packer Fans know about the voting. Hopefully we can get you a decent game to watch! Thanks for your service to our country!

• Like Like x 1
  17. USAF

USAF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    They start t
    The voting starts at 7 PM Sunday Central European Time and ends at 1 AM Wednesday Central European Time. If I calculate correctly that would be Noon Sunday Wis time it starts and 6 PM Tuesday Wis time it ends. Here's what I copied from the website:
    Each week, you pick the matchup you want to see every Sunday on AFN|sports. Voting begins every Sunday 7PM CET / Monday at 2AM JKT and closes each Wednesday at 1AM CET / 8AM JKT. You pick it — we play it! AFN Fan’s Choice, Where You Pick the Game!

18. cheeseheadfanatic87

cheeseheadfanatic87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    @USAF I certainly will shout out a vote. I deployed to Zhari District, Kandahar Afghanistan in May of 2009 a part of the 4th Infantry Division, and unfortunately never caught one Packer game during my time. We originally in Maiwand province but football season didn't start of course, and when we arrived at FOB Wilson in Zhari it was all Canadian television, before we finally got the AFN.

• Like Like x 1
  19. USAF

USAF Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    THANKS to everyone for their continued support & appreciation of our service. We serve for folks like you who understand what we do & why we do it. Thanks to all of those who have also served in the past. We really do appreciate your sacrifice and the sacrifice of your families too.

We might get to see the Pack this weekend because it's the later game this week and it finished with the highest voting for all of the later games. I haven't located an AFN schedule yet but I'll keep watching.

20. cheeseheadfanatic87

cheeseheadfanatic87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    USAF, I have been up to Iron River, WI a few times I am originally from Rhinelander, WI. We're about 2 hours from Iron River, take care and be safe!

• Like Like x 1
  21. dieautobot

dieautobot Success is commemorated, Failure merely remembered

Ratings:
    +1
    also in afghanistan with a Bears fan and he told me about this. hope it works out. i need my Packers!!!

22. Crash_override

Crash_override Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes. I am stuck in Bahrain and I vote for the Pack on AFN Game of The Week every week. It's always the Saints, Patriots, or Bills that win though. I even started creating fake FB profiles one day, still didn't work. Especially these days when it's so hard to find a decent online stream, a few votes to get the Pack on AFN would be greatly appreciated. Great ideas from everyone so far, thanks for the support.