Please draft Reggie Bush....

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand the discussion of the pros & the cons of picking this guy, but the Packs not playing towards a Draft Pick. I believe they will win some games and this could be unimportant. When things are set in stone after the season is over, a Real view of the Team's need will be available. Injurys, salary caps, and contracts play such apart, that what is needed is not really even close to realizing until then. There are too many options on what could happen until the off season . The team will play Hard and the GM will look HARD for "effort defincincies" and "talent opportunitys" or "downslide stars" whether due to injury, or Money, until then.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
I really want Reggie Bush. It would be awesome to get him but I have a feeling we're not going to get #1 pick. Even thought we're 2-8 right now, I dont think its likely to lose every single game from here on out. But who knows, maybe I'll jinx it and we'll end up being 1-15. I think thats a bit too much embarrassment thats not worth a #1 draft pick. But if its going to happen than let it happen then of course go for Reggie Bush!

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4Pack4and4Brett4CrAzEd4 said:
Even thought we're 2-8 right now, I dont think its likely to lose every single game from here on out. But who knows, maybe I'll jinx it and we'll end up being 1-15.

I dunno, it would take a hell of a jinx to do that.... :lol:

....I'm sorry... I couldn't resist. :wink:

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
Slam Dunk??? Wow I am sure the Bears can tell you about there slam dunks they have had over the last 15 drafts. To be honest I am not sold completely on Bush. While he is an exciting player to watch the disparity in collegiate and pro athletics is huge. My prediction is Bush does not make the big Splash in the NFL as people think. I like the kid from Memphis he seems real solid and something you can build on. And bottom line is high draft picks demand to much money before they are proven. Would rather see a second round diamond in the rough before a unproven high priced pick

That's right, I said "slam dunk". There is no RB in the last 15 years that has as much talent as this kid does. All I can say is remember me when it happens so you can post a message saying that I was right. That's all I need. :D

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IPB...

I like Pennington too..but the guy's had TWO rotator cuff tears....!!!

(That's what did in the Majik Man....!!)

(I think the Jets take a QB in the draft..)

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree 66...the Jets take Leinart if they are in position to do so, no question. I don't think the Texans would pass on Bush nor would the 49ers for that matter. All I'm saying is that IF the Packers have an opportunity to take him, they should.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
IPB...

Good point - I couldn't remember what his last injury was.

==========================================

Okay - pending several points or outlooks....

Reggie Bush could be, but hasn't proved it yet, in my book at least --- Bush could be the next Barry Sanders. Is that what I'm hearing here? I would take this conversation to the next level.

Several factors to consider - because Reggie Bush isn't going to Indy, or Denver, etc., when he leaves College - so you idol-itors had better get used to a down turn in his effectiveness (I haven't seen nor heard much, from Cadillac Williams, of late, either) ... Reggie Bush will go to a Team who has the worst talent at this point in time - repeat that to yourselves every time you think of the guy - every damn time. .... Reggie Bush will not be heading to a superior team after College. PERIOD!

So - now that we're understanding this fact, LOUD & CLEAR - other mitigating factors come into play - such as:

• No open holes - he'll have to create them (and, can he?)
    No effective "Lombardi Sweep" to take advantage of
    Need to escape tackles for losses factor looms much larger
    avoidance of injury bug - I cite Cadillac Williams again...
Reggie Bush - being at USC - was a rigged situation from the getgo.
He won't have that luxury (of the rich, if you will...) in the NFL. A true hazard for many players who have wormed their way onto stellar collegiate teams.

Reggie Bush does have one added point in his favor though - and that's the fact that his HC (Pete Carroll) was in the NFL previously and has taken his knowledge of the Pros, downstairs as it were, and made hay with it. We're seeing the same scenario with Charlie Weis.

Question becomes - WILL IT BE ENOUGH?

That's the factor which will tell the tale... Remember, the percentages about first-round picks is definitely against Reggie Bush - it's those second rounders who seem to last longer. Is that because the Pros focus on those first-rounders? I mean, truly "go after them" in order to test their metal? Only locker room conversation would prove that - and we're not in there...

We got six months - I can wait...!

I would rather sit down and start making a longer list of who is slated to be in line right after Reggie & Co - let's really see how well "they're" playing right now and on into what happens with those guys in the Spring. Heck, we're not even counting which Juniors, or even Sophomores might make the jump.... stranger things have happened.

Let's start that Draft thread right now - and refer to it often... Anyone?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It didn't seem to hurt Barry Sanders going to Detroit. They were bad throughout his entire career and he made some serious strides. Bush is the real deal and whoever takes him gets instantly better - WAY better. Anyway, there are more RB's out there for sure and maybe the Packers land someone else who is very productive - we'll see.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IPB...

Good points...BUT....

it depends on what team he goes to....

IF he goes to the Texans..then i would tend to agree with you....

(but if he goes to the Jets or Packers..then I would disagree...because believe it or not...these teams are a little more talented then their record's suggest...)

So..it's a wait and see game...

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
P@ck66 said:
IPB...

Good point - I couldn't remember what his last injury was.

==========================================

Okay - pending several points or outlooks....

Reggie Bush could be, but hasn't proved it yet, in my book at least --- Bush could be the next Barry Sanders. Is that what I'm hearing here? I would take this conversation to the next level.

Several factors to consider - because Reggie Bush isn't going to Indy, or Denver, etc., when he leaves College - so you idol-itors had better get used to a down turn in his effectiveness (I haven't seen nor heard much, from Cadillac Williams, of late, either) ... Reggie Bush will go to a Team who has the worst talent at this point in time - repeat that to yourselves every time you think of the guy - every damn time. .... Reggie Bush will not be heading to a superior team after College. PERIOD!

So - now that we're understanding this fact, LOUD & CLEAR - other mitigating factors come into play - such as:

• No open holes - he'll have to create them (and, can he?)
    No effective "Lombardi Sweep" to take advantage of
    Need to escape tackles for losses factor looms much larger
    avoidance of injury bug - I cite Cadillac Williams again...
Reggie Bush - being at USC - was a rigged situation from the getgo.
He won't have that luxury (of the rich, if you will...) in the NFL. A true hazard for many players who have wormed their way onto stellar collegiate teams.

Reggie Bush does have one added point in his favor though - and that's the fact that his HC (Pete Carroll) was in the NFL previously and has taken his knowledge of the Pros, downstairs as it were, and made hay with it. We're seeing the same scenario with Charlie Weis.

Question becomes - WILL IT BE ENOUGH?

That's the factor which will tell the tale... Remember, the percentages about first-round picks is definitely against Reggie Bush - it's those second rounders who seem to last longer. Is that because the Pros focus on those first-rounders? I mean, truly "go after them" in order to test their metal? Only locker room conversation would prove that - and we're not in there...

We got six months - I can wait...!

I would rather sit down and start making a longer list of who is slated to be in line right after Reggie & Co - let's really see how well "they're" playing right now and on into what happens with those guys in the Spring. Heck, we're not even counting which Juniors, or even Sophomores might make the jump.... stranger things have happened.

Let's start that Draft thread right now - and refer to it often... Anyone?

You make some valid points IPB but I tend to think that other than a serious injury, from what I've seen of the guy, he seems to have far better tools than ANY running back I've seen coming out of college.

If I was drafting today and Packers had the 4th pick, I'd trade up to get him. The uncertainty of Davenport, the age/effectiveness of Green makes this an easy decision.

Yes, we DO need more picks but we can trade down in the 2nd or 3rd round to get more and trades seem to bring picks as well.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
May the force be with you, Obi1. I've been saying the same thing about Bush for a while now. The guy is head and shoulders the best back out there in college football. I can't see him not having a very productive career barring any major injury. He's another LT waiting to happen and I would love to see this for the Packers. Wouldn't it be perfect to have the offense shift to a star RB once Favre decides to retire? Rodgers may be the QB that can manage the game and use play-action to keep the Packers O very formidable. (Not to mention that Bush may give #4 the weapon he needs to play a while longer and take another shot at a SB title!)

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"May the force be with you, Obi1..."

Thank you ND... More than ANYTHING else, I think Packers are in dire need of a top caliber RB. Then a deep WR corps that can overcome a couple of injuries to key players.

Let's face it. Packers had Driver, Green, Walker, Franks, and Favre as their WEAPONS last few years. What do we have THIS year?

Imagine the Packers LAST 2 years with THIS defense....

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
It didn't seem to hurt Barry Sanders going to Detroit. They were bad throughout his entire career and he made some serious strides. Bush is the real deal and whoever takes him gets instantly better - WAY better. Anyway, there are more RB's out there for sure and maybe the Packers land someone else who is very productive - we'll see.

yeah we passed him up for Tony Mandarich in 89.

Members online

Latest posts