Please draft Reggie Bush....

can_of_corn21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I am going to get a lot of mixed responses to this, and probably get attacked. Yes, I am aware we have Ahman Green. Yes, I am aware we have a lot of other gaping holes.

First off, I live on the west coast, am a huge Pac 10 follower, and have seen most of the USC games the past couple years. I have never, in my life, on any level, seen talent like Reggie Bush. I've never witnessed a player (in so many occasions) dominate a football game the way he does. Without Reggie Bush, USC is a 3 loss team this year (IMHO). He is the best player in collge football, with the best chance to become an NFL superstar, no doubt in my mind.

2nd, everyone is gonna say "we have Ahman Green." I feel in order to be successful, you need 2 solid, healthy RB's in the NFL. I know that we have Davenport, but please!, he is extremely replaceable/tradable. Look at KC with what they had in Priest Holmes and Larry Johnson. With less of a work load on Ahman Green, he would remain healthier (thats not a comparison to Holmes), and fresher, for a longer period of time. Oh, BTW, Reggie Bush does NOT have a history of injuries.

3rd, we need a spark. We need an exciting player, someone who can be a superstar, immediate impact, and can break a big one when we need a big play. Someone who can line up at RB one play, then motion out and run a fly route the next play. Someone who can turn a 3 yard loss into a 60 yard gain. Someone on the offense to take pressure off of Favre, or a young QB once Favre retires. We need a player like Reggie Bush!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not really, i can only think of a handfull of people who will say "No, we have ahman green!"

Reggie looks like a stud, and Ahman is declining in age,speed,effectiveness and it looks like time to part ways

Id like reggie bush. it wont happen, but id like it

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I would love it also,,, BUT we are not getting the 1st draft choice IMHO I think that the Jets, San Francisco and Houston are even hopeless than us right now, so we might get the 3rd to 6th, in my opinion, and by then Reggie will be in another team, If I were San Francisco or Houston I will get him 100%, maybe the Jets would look at Matt Leinert before Bush.

Anyway with a little help from Rossley and Shermy we can finish 2-14 and get Reggie !!!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hope we finish with the 3rd overall pick so we dont have to have this discussion so it won't have to be me vs. the forum on not drafting reggie bush, but still have good trade down value so teams can trade up for d'brick...or the 2nd overall pick with bush going first, something like that

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're going to pick between 5-10 this spring so Bush is out of the question. I'd say we should take a look at Maroney from Minnesota if we decide we need a running back or AJ Hawk or the DT from Oregon if we decide to look toward the D (which is the right call IMO).

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I don't think we're picking in the top 20 at all. I'm thinking we're trading our 1 for someone else's 1 and 2 and probably 5-6 depending on how high our pick is.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
We're going to pick between 5-10 this spring so Bush is out of the question. I'd say we should take a look at Maroney from Minnesota if we decide we need a running back or AJ Hawk or the DT from Oregon if we decide to look toward the D (which is the right call IMO).

What about if we are aboput 4 or 5, we trade UP to get Bush?

Reaction score
Obi1 said:

Obi, I honestly don't think TT is the type of person who will trade up. There is a shortage of picks already, and I think TT will trade down, if he can't get a decent player at the spot.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson has put Packer fans on notice he his not satisfied with the present status of having the Packers having but five draft choices for the '06 draft and there will be more. Ted said expect more choices than 5. I don't think you can expect the Packers to trade up. Sounds more likely The Packers will trade down. I don't expect the Packers to be in a postion to draft Bush. They will win some of these six remaining games. You can expect the Packers to keep playing hard and not giving up. I can't believe any Packer Fan would advocate not have a Packer team try to win all games remaining on the schedule but lose these games so they would have the worst record in NFL and would get Bush!! Packers have been in football business since 1919 for sole purpose of fielding a football team that wins football games.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why do you people think that we have no shot at bush? this team is looking really terrible and i think the max amount of wins that we could see is 4. it's very possible that we go 2-14.

hou could beat stl this week and they play sf in week 17. it's not a great shot at him but possible. if we were to have the #1 pick and TT trades down, i dismantle the green and gold room in which i sit.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Obi1 said:

Obi, I honestly don't think TT is the type of person who will trade up. There is a shortage of picks already, and I think TT will trade down, if he can't get a decent player at the spot.

Never. That would require our #2 and likely our #1 from last year (remember what it took for New York to get Eli).

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also doubt that we will be in a position to get bush, we are in the "easy" part of our schedule and I expect the packers to have a top 10 pick. I hope defense in the first round, and a running back in the second.

Does anyone know if Brian Calhoun is thinking of coming out, great speed, cutback ability, reads blocks really well and is a great receiver out of the backfield. Might be too small but then again we have Gato for the hard yards. Plus Calhoun is from Wisconsin, always like that.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reggie Bush is the second coming of the "Great RB"! Emmitt Smith's record is not safe once this kid hits the NFL and GB should not pass up the opportunity to get him. The defense has been the strength and depth can be added in later rounds. IF Bush is available, the Packers should not pass up on him...PERIOD!!! Remember Mandarich??? Yeah, I thought so and Barry Sanders was on the draft table that year! Barry Sanders may not have been as sure of a thing as Bush is right now! Take him if you can or be sorry for the next 10 years!

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Reggie Bush is the second coming of the "Great RB"! Emmitt Smith's record is not safe once this kid hits the NFL and GB should not pass up the opportunity to get him. The defense has been the strength and depth can be added in later rounds. IF Bush is available, the Packers should not pass up on him...PERIOD!!! Remember Mandarich??? Yeah, I thought so and Barry Sanders was on the draft table that year! Barry Sanders may not have been as sure of a thing as Bush is right now! Take him if you can or be sorry for the next 10 years!

I'm still 50/50, IF we're in position for bush, i lean towards drafting him, but i also lean towards trading down, getting a king's ransom of picks so we can fill our many holes...I LOVE the nfl draft, and i'm sort of excited to see us make a splash in the top ten (of course im not excited about our total of wins which will be less than 5 but...), so i'm eager to project where we're gonna pick, who we're gonna pick...but there's a lot of workouts and a combine before april...and there's about ten seasons before bush flirts with emmitt's record

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
subin said:
there will be no opportunity to draft him. forget about it, it's not happening.

Why is that subin? Because the Packers have racked up so many wins that they couldn't possibly draft #1 or 2 overall? Bush is the man and will prove it for years...the Packers need a RB with Green's age and Davenport's health issue. GB will be in line to draft him unless they win more games in the near future.

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're just not going to have the position to draft him. At this point i find it hard to believe that they'll have a worse record than the Jets, Houston, Saints, and San Fran, all of which would probably take him with their pick.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You may be right just as easily as you may be wrong. The 6 games remaining are all games that could go either way: Philly, Chicago twice, Detroit, Baltimore, and Seattle. I don't see many wins in that group myself even though I hope they win them all. IF they are in the position to pick him, they better and not trade down...players like Bush come around once in a blue moon.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm flippin a coin - if Bush is still there (LOL) then, possibly TT takes that grab....

More to the point - right now, I do believe we're slated to pick something like fifth.. Which means Bush will not be there.

Does the NY Jets grab Matt Leinart, or not?

I actually like Chad Pennington - it's their O-Line not being there to protect him which keeps the Jets from becoming a force again. They're actually only two- maybe three - player(s) away from being very very good.

Houston needs protection - and I would look for them to grab Leinart (probably), but more importantly - they "will" grab several beefy Dallas Cowboy type front men - THAT would shore up their QB, whose taken a beatin' since he started and (guess what) ..is still there standing up straight.

TT likes it when he has at least 7 to 9 draft picks. So, look for him to let some guys go during FA, in order to pick up at least two more, right there. Meaning Batman may get his walking papers - Bush isn't the only RB out there this year, ya know..... and it could be that.. being No.2 will make the other guy try harder and end up being better.... in the long run.

Think about it.........................

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, you can easily make that point and it may be legit. Who knows? Maybe D'Angelo Williams from Memphis will be better than Reggie Bush. I'd rather take a slam dunk with Reggie Bush than try and take a stab at something. I guess we'll only see. You may be right about Bush being gone already too, however, if he is still there and TT passes on him, remember that I said in Nov. 05 it was a HUGE mistake. All we can do now is wait, eh?

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Slam Dunk??? Wow I am sure the Bears can tell you about there slam dunks they have had over the last 15 drafts. To be honest I am not sold completely on Bush. While he is an exciting player to watch the disparity in collegiate and pro athletics is huge. My prediction is Bush does not make the big Splash in the NFL as people think. I like the kid from Memphis he seems real solid and something you can build on. And bottom line is high draft picks demand to much money before they are proven. Would rather see a second round diamond in the rough before a unproven high priced pick

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah...

The Pack passed on Barry Sanders too...

y'all saw how well that worked out...!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts