PLEASE CONFIRM SOURCE OF WOODSON VISIT

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I simply don't beleive it... I checked JSONLINE AND all the other repuatble sources. You mean to tell me if Charles Woodson was making a visit to GB that it wouldnt be big news in the local papers?? Maybe I am just missing it...

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
greenbegas said:
So where does it say that he is coming for sure?

I saw the report on ESPN.com as well as prosportsdaily.com

Why do you have such a problem believing it? The Packers have money to spend (although TT doesn't seem like he wants to) and Woodson wants money...sounds like a perfect fit, right? :wink:

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL.com said:
Former Oakland cornerback Charles Woodson was scheduled to arrive in Tampa Bay for a get re-acquainted session with his former head coach, Jon Gruden, and Buccaneers general manager Bruce Allen. Woodson is also expected to visit Green Bay next week, and is drawing interest from Seattle. But the Seahawks, flush with the cash it saved by not matching the offer sheet that Hutchinson signed with Minnesota, could get Woodson to help fill one of their needs.
SOURCE

OP
OP
G

greenbegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem with it, but I everything I saw said that his agents plans on making a trip to be... Not tat he WILL be going for sure. I hope the heck he get signed by the Pack. I just want to be sure he is even coming for the visit.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's one thing to visit but it's another thing to get a deal done.

I'm not sure if he can really be a solid NFL CB. I know he certainly could play FS in the NFL and probably be pretty solid but with Collins and Manuel we don't have a need for a safety unless they think Collins can move to CB...

None the less though Woodson would be an upgrade over Ahmad Carroll.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the Collins move to CB doesn't make sense due to the fact of moving one person out of the starting lineup with potential at the position, for a person who never played that position.....secondly, Woodson probably wants to play corner since that is where you make the money not safety....

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody makes it sound like Woodson is over the hill, he's only 29 years old....he broke his leg last year, I've never heard of a player losing speed because he had a broken leg....also, if he did lose some speed I can guarantee u he's as fast or still faster than Harris...oh by the way if you want to look, Woodson is 2 years younger than Harris.....some people were mentioning for Harris moving to safety last year, but after having a solid season, nobody talks about it anymore....so lets just look at the players at the position they play before we decide where we feel they "should" play...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tabojc03 said:
the Collins move to CB doesn't make sense due to the fact of moving one person out of the starting lineup with potential at the position, for a person who never played that position.....secondly, Woodson probably wants to play corner since that is where you make the money not safety....

Collins played CB in college...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
collins wont be moved to CB.

collins was making huge strides at safety for a young man.

if Ted\Mike moved him to CB(although we need help there bigtime) i would be upset

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
collins wont be moved to CB.

collins was making huge strides at safety for a young man.

if Ted\Mike moved him to CB(although we need help there bigtime) i would be upset

Yeah I wouldn't move Collins either but I don't know if Woodson can be an effective CB like he once was. I think he would be a great FS.. Then again Woodson at CB is still a huge upgrade over Carroll and he would only have to cover #2's in Green Bay.

Oh Sportcenter confirmed the visit to Green Bay as well.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Then again Woodson at CB is still a huge upgrade over Carroll and he would only have to cover #2's in Green Bay.

thats what im saying. Woodson probably wouldnt be pro bowling it up at CB #2, but hed be better than A.C.

I would still prefer shelling out money for Clements

but im sure whoever we get will be better thn A.C. because being worse is not humanly possible. :)

(relax AC Supporters)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hes their franchise player it looks like. that sucks.

theres still:

plummer
dyson
fletcher
taylor
manning jr
mccleon
warfield

we need to get one of those guys, if we dont, i wont be happy with teddy!

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson has left TB w/o a contract his agent says they won't talk contract with anyone until the Green Bay visit - probably because everyone will be at the owners meeting - he won't be in until after Wednesday when the meetings are over...Seattle isn't interested anymore- sofar its only the Packers and Bucs interested in him, hopefully we can offer a contract that can't be matched by Tampa...I say we make signs and wait at the airport...lol...

Members online

Latest posts