Please allow politics during election times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
During the months of Oct.-Nov of an election year please allow the members of the forum to talk about politics as some members may not keep up w/what each candidate is for or against. After reading this please post your opinion as whether you agree or disagree. Thanks

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please dont allow Politics to distract us from next seasons superbowl team. If you want to go talk politics on the internet I am sure you can find much better places to do that.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think this one is going to fly. Politics, like religion and other highly sensitive subjects really don't have a place here. These topics have been known to cause mutiny amongst friends. There are plenty of places for you to engage in such discussions. I'm not sure where Robdog stands on this, but I would suggest if you wish to engage in such discussions, start up a group on FB or such but please do not connect it directly to the forum in any public area.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
During the months of Oct.-Nov of an election year please allow the members of the forum to talk about politics as some members may not keep up w/what each candidate is for or against. After reading this please post your opinion as whether you agree or disagree. Thanks
Politics are local / national and this forum has a global reach. As has been said this is not the place as other sites are better suited for it. I mean really, how much do you want to hear my opinions on the windmill farm going up across the line fence from my back yard.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Please no politics or religion. Lets keep the discussion blinders on. Once allowed it would open a can that cannot be resealed. Lets try to remain as a sports forum.

P.S.
I really like windmills, and what is a link and where do I get one for SIGS?

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Please no politics or religion. Lets keep the discussion blinders on. Once allowed it would open a can that cannot be resealed. Lets try to remain as a sports forum.

P.S.
I really like windmills, and what is a link and where do I get one for SIGS?

Photobucket works. You'll have to set up an account if you don't have one already. Modify your image to meet the criteria Rob has given us, save the file to Photobucket, get the direct link, copy that url, go to your sig page here on the forum, click to insert a graphic, when it asks for the url of your graphic, paste in the url for the image on Photobucket, and it should appear in your sig line.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Wow that a lot of hurdles! Hope I don;t slip on a banana peel.

Thanks I'll do my best, but I'm just not a geek. :unsure:

KCBIGDOG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please no politics!!!! A sports forum is no place for politics. If you want to talk politics join a chat room on FOX or CNN where they discuss politics 24/7.

L

Lunchboxer

Politics whats that?

Dammit Jim Im a Packerfan not a Political sicance guy

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Hoist the mainsail mates. Where heading toward bad weather. Reverse course helmsman. Mr. San go aloft and check the wind. Mr. Boxer call all hands on deck. Mr.Ivo, please go below and check on the kitten. It's going to be a rough voyage out of this Political Sea, but I'm strong to the finish couse I eats me spinach...

12theTruth

If people aren't mature enough to use restraint when discussing ANY issue than that is on them not the avenue that is placed before them. Granted there are other places to discuss such things but many of these places are rife with bullies, trolls, multiple alias users, etc.

I would advocate for such a forum but only allow a poster who has already posted a certain amount of messages on the forum at that point to contribute. That way you wouldn't have people just signing up and posting troll type comments. On a whole it is a good thing for an open dialog in our nation. IMO, many have an apathy to too many things the way it is.

Just my two cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Vltrophy

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jonathan Franklin is serious IMO about running for mayor after his career(hopefully a long one at that)as he took political science & whatever else he needed to

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

If politics or religion is what anyone wants to discuss, take it somewhere else as it does not belong in a sports forum. There are plenty of other venues where those opinions are encouraged. They are too controversial and divisive to be brought up in this forum. Please find another place bleed on.

12theTruth

If politics or religion is what anyone wants to discuss, take it somewhere else as it does not belong in a sports forum. There are plenty of other venues where those opinions are encouraged. They are too controversial and divisive to be brought up in this forum. Please find another place bleed on.

But this is not JUST a sports forum. Almost everything else is discussed except for politics and religion. Are you forgetting the Atrium Forum.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

But this is not JUST a sports forum. Almost everything else is discussed except for politics and religion. Are you forgetting the Atrium Forum.

Join a religion or a political campaign if thats your thing, but I don't want what you're selling. You could be a hardhead and beat your drum in the Atrium if you're that much of a fanatic. I don't however believe that you will succeed in your personal parade as I and many others will just click and ignore you forever more.

12theTruth

Join a religion or a political campaign if thats your thing, but I don't want what you're selling. You could be a hardhead and beat your drum in the Atrium if you're that much of a fanatic. I don't however believe that you will succeed in your personal parade as I and many others will just click and ignore you forever more.

So just how is it that some type of personal parade is ongoing? A post and a dialogue is a personal parade? You are too funny! If they were to have the forum I would participate as I did note that I would agree(advocate) for such a thing. To call that a personal parade. Next time I reply in agreement to a message on this forum I guess I'll have to remember to start building my float. :laugh:

12theTruth

Jonathan Franklin is serious IMO about running for mayor after his career(hopefully a long one at that)as he took political science & whatever else he needed to

I remember hearing about that. I hope he sticks with the Pack long enough to build the name recognition he'll need :)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The main problem with political and religious debate is that after all the long-winded diatribes it boils down to "let's agree to disagree." I am not going to change my stripes based on what I read in an online forum.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The main problem with political and religious debate is that after all the long-winded diatribes it boils down to "let's agree to disagree." I am not going to change my stripes based on what I read in an online forum.
I belong to one Packers forum were they have a section for politics. It works about like you said. 15 pages of people making claims with little to back anything up, and no one changing their minds or even having an open mind for logical discussion. Not worth the aggravation to allow it. It come down to who's on the left and who's on the right and both think the other is wrong..........and from there it goes downhill fast.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
One size fits all political message that in essence they all boil down to.
Line A Governor, President, Senator, Pundit, talking head
Line B greatest, wisest, most moronic, smartest, best, dumbest
Line C welfare, gun, control, religious freedom, Syria, Afghanistan, immigration, health insurance, the environment
Line D lead on, wreck, hand over, grandstand, self anoint him/her self on, politicize
The <select from line a> is the <select from line b> person ever. His / Her (select one) opinion on <select from line c> is a stunning example of how to <select from line d> this. You are the <select from line b> poster on this forum if you agree / disagree (select one).
[and to all Facebookers] Like if you agree.

12theTruth

You left out quite a bit. Important issues nevertheless. Reality bites sometimes but still has to be faced.

Is a discussion about sand-frac fining merely politics, or is it a discussion about someones mere 'quality of life' or economic livelihood? Many have close family members who have been adversely affected by the proliferation of these. Why wouldn't or shouldn't that be able to be discussed. Many everyday issues skirt on an affiliation with politics and on occasion more of a moral element.

Like I said earlier, sure you can go other places on the Internet to discuss politics, but most are rife with bullies, multiple alias users, etc. It doesn't have to be that way and civil discussion is possible. I guess the dismissive attitude towards a discussion of life's important issues gets frustrating and illustrates that the biggest problem IMO facing mankind today has to be apathy.

And the great thing is its still possible to have fun talking about football, be friends, and still talk about other important issues. It just all boils down to maturity and respect and the proper avenue.

Last edited by a moderator:

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, this site will never have open political/religious debates. There are plenty of sites to discuss these topics. This site is just not one of them.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Sorry, this site will never have open political/religious debates. There are plenty of sites to discuss these topics. This site is just not one of them.

You go Dog !

12theTruth

Gotta love the irony of your post in the Redskins thread today. Maybe we should keep our own closets clean before we rush to make assumptions about others.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Gotta love the irony of your post in the Redskins thread today. Maybe we should keep our own closets clean before we rush to make assumptions about others.

My post contained nothing political. If you can't distinguish the difference between politics and an historical reference, then you need to go read a history book. Not everyone is looking at the world from your angle. Sometimes a table is just a table. :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts