Playoffs? We should know within the month.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
We all saw the vikings win, but I also remember AP getting held to 55 yards. If thats cramming the ball down our throats, then I'm not worried about our run defense. Favre is the one that lit us up, him Percy and Rice.

Nobody can deny that we gave a lot of yards to the pass, but can you honestly say it was a blow out game that came down to TWO possible onside recoveries? If Harvin (correct me if it was somebody else) couldn't jump 20 feet in the air those kicks would have been recovered by the Packers, and then who knows?

Unfortunately for us, and fortunately for you, he CAN jump 20 feet in the air and come down with 2 beautiful onside kicks. But before pointing fingers at us in stretching the outcome of the game, read your posts about AP and rethink it quick before posting, cause AP got slammed.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Skol boy forgets the original posters thoughts

Are the Packers this year a playoff caliber team? And would they do anything respectable if they did return to postseason this year? The honest answer is we don't know. There's reason to hope and equally reason to doubt.

so lets keep that on our focus..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The sun will rise the following day regardless if the Vikings finish 6-10 or 15-1 so really it is a game and since I have never predicted the Vikings to win the SB on any thread I will enjoy the season until the last minute!

Your so arrogant on how bad the Pack will do,a nd so sure the Vikings are so much superior to them, hope they do win the SB so you can look back and say see I told you

Other wise if they lose I predict you wont show your face here

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all saw the vikings win, but I also remember AP getting held to 55 yards. If thats cramming the ball down our throats, then I'm not worried about our run defense. Favre is the one that lit us up, him Percy and Rice.

Nobody can deny that we gave a lot of yards to the pass, but can you honestly say it was a blow out game that came down to TWO possible onside recoveries? If Harvin (correct me if it was somebody else) couldn't jump 20 feet in the air those kicks would have been recovered by the Packers, and then who knows?

Unfortunately for us, and fortunately for you, he CAN jump 20 feet in the air and come down with 2 beautiful onside kicks. But before pointing fingers at us in stretching the outcome of the game, read your posts about AP and rethink it quick before posting, cause AP got slammed.
actually that was 6'4" ex basketball player and favorite target of No. 4 Sydney Rice on both of the onside kicks. We did our thing which with AP in the game you had to defend the run all day didn't you? You guys closed the gap but really it was a one-sided game for the most part.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is something to chew on for both sides:

USATODAY.com

Taking emotion OUT of the equation, notice how the overall difference between Green Bay and Minnesota is LESS THAN ONE POINT.

Again, I am rooting for Minnesota more than Green Bay this year for reasons I've stated numerous times, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Minnesota is about to be exposed a little bit. A loss to Green Bay would be devastating, considering the 6-0 beginning to the season.

And, without speculating, the following are facts: Minnesota has a big weakness at both safety positions, and they are currently running the ball worse than they ever have with Adrian Petersen.

Green Bay has a weak D-line, suspect linebackers, but a healthier O-line and the addition of a playa in Tauscher. I am leaning towards Green Bay winning this game on Sunday.

liljohn5115

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay has a weak D-line, suspect linebackers, but a healthier O-line and the addition of a playa in Tauscher. I am leaning towards Green Bay winning this game on Sunday.

I disagree, our D-line isn't weak. It's not what it once was when you had Kampman putting a hand down on the ground instead of moving to the outside line backer position, but it certainly isnt what I'd call weak.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree, our D-line isn't weak. It's not what it once was when you had Kampman putting a hand down on the ground instead of moving to the outside line backer position, but it certainly isnt what I'd call weak.

No offense, but put a cap on the Kool-Aid jug. The Packers defensive line has been weak for 10 years now. They cannot and have not generated sacks without the help of linebackers and corners for years now.

But, if you feel the need to live in an Obama-type of world where reality doesn't really amount to a hill of beans, then by all means ...
:happy0005:

ColtsSeahawks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
actually that was 6'4" ex basketball player and favorite target of No. 4 Sydney Rice on both of the onside kicks. We did our thing which with AP in the game you had to defend the run all day didn't you? You guys closed the gap but really it was a one-sided game for the most part.
It was one sided defensively that is for sure... Minnesota's defense was great no doubt.... How many times did Rodgers get sacked?? So I know for reference lol.. But you have to admitt even if Rodgers was sacked one less time then he was it could have been a completely different ball game.... I know I am doing the woulda, shoulda coulda, but that obviously means it was a close neck and neck game... With How much pressure Rodgers got he passed for something like 380 yards and damn near took the game into OT.

There was so many factors to Minnesotas 7 point win.... Like sacking Rodgers, forcing him out of the pocket throughout the game, 2 onside kicks going in Minnesotas favour etc etc...

When the Colts got their *** kicked by the Packers last year there was no shoulda coulda... they flat out lost and bad!! Green Bay did not... They may have been out played on defense but thats about it. Green Bay ran the ball more effective then the Vikings did... Also considering the amount of pressure Rodgers had I think in my opinion he played just as good as favre... Although he did throw a bad pick. He only threw I think like 5 more incompletions then Favre did... He passed for 380 yards and 2 TD... Favre didnt have much pressure at all that game.

After that game was over and after my Vikings friends were screaming and making fun of me for rootin on the Packers they did say that was a hell of a close game.... I dont see how that can be argued otherwise.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No offense, but put a cap on the Kool-Aid jug. The Packers defensive line has been weak for 10 years now. They cannot and have not generated sacks without the help of linebackers and corners for years now.

But, if you feel the need to live in an Obama-type of world where reality doesn't really amount to a hill of beans, then by all means ...
:happy0005:
Liljohn is on your side hilda so WTF are you talking about?

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was one sided defensively that is for sure... Minnesota's defense was great no doubt.... How many times did Rodgers get sacked?? So I know for reference lol.. But you have to admitt even if Rodgers was sacked one less time then he was it could have been a completely different ball game.... I know I am doing the woulda, shoulda coulda, but that obviously means it was a close neck and neck game... With How much pressure Rodgers got he passed for something like 380 yards and damn near took the game into OT.

There was so many factors to Minnesotas 7 point win.... Like sacking Rodgers, forcing him out of the pocket throughout the game, 2 onside kicks going in Minnesotas favour etc etc...

When the Colts got their *** kicked by the Packers last year there was no shoulda coulda... they flat out lost and bad!! Green Bay did not... They may have been out played on defense but thats about it. Green Bay ran the ball more effective then the Vikings did... Also considering the amount of pressure Rodgers had I think in my opinion he played just as good as favre... Although he did throw a bad pick. He only threw I think like 5 more incompletions then Favre did... He passed for 380 yards and 2 TD... Favre didnt have much pressure at all that game.

After that game was over and after my Vikings friends were screaming and making fun of me for rootin on the Packers they did say that was a hell of a close game.... I dont see how that can be argued otherwise.
3 minutes to go and your down by 16 but its neck and neck? lol keep telling yourself that:happy0005:

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is something to chew on for both sides:

USATODAY.com

Taking emotion OUT of the equation, notice how the overall difference between Green Bay and Minnesota is LESS THAN ONE POINT.

Again, I am rooting for Minnesota more than Green Bay this year for reasons I've stated numerous times, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Minnesota is about to be exposed a little bit. A loss to Green Bay would be devastating, considering the 6-0 beginning to the season.

And, without speculating, the following are facts: Minnesota has a big weakness at both safety positions, and they are currently running the ball worse than they ever have with Adrian Petersen.

Well I guess since Hilda is leaning towards the Pack the vikings don't have a shot. Good thing his same old blah-blah- blah means nothing. Yeah Peterson sucks so don't bother stacking the line against him because he is overated I guess:happy0005:I cannot figure out why everybody that says he is the best Football player on the planet. Those guys on ESPN and Foxsports don't know football like our own hilda. Why does every team in the league stack the line against him? Your hilarious hilda but thanks for makeing me laugh:happy0005:

ColtsSeahawks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 minutes to go and your down by 16 but its neck and neck? lol keep telling yourself that:happy0005:
Ya good point... But there is no team in the NFL that I think would totally let up... Like I said maybe against a bad team like St Louis... But the Packer are a HUGE play making team... With Rodgers to Driver.. I have seen that team get a touchdown with in a matter of seconds on their first drive.

I dont think Minnesota intended on making the game that close... They won, but the Packers did come back and made it a game.

Sunday will be an interesting game, and close at that.

Can never get to cocky.... I remember last year when the Packers pounded the absolute crap out of the Bears... only to lose to them the 2nd time around.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya good point... But there is no team in the NFL that I think would totally let up... Like I said maybe against a bad team like St Louis... But the Packer are a HUGE play making team... With Rodgers to Driver.. I have seen that team get a touchdown with in a matter of seconds on their first drive.

I dont think Minnesota intended on making the game that close... They won, but the Packers did come back and made it a game.

Sunday will be an interesting game, and close at that.

Can never get to cocky.... I remember last year when the Packers pounded the absolute crap out of the Bears... only to lose to them the 2nd time around.
Childess is a idiot calling chilly ball when Brett was tearing them up all day. last week we are at the 1 and he calls one running play and calls for two throws on 2nd and third down so we settle for a FG when you have the best RB in the country you have to pound it in. Childress is a terrible coach IMO

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fact is up until 3 minutes and change left in the game the packers had 1 offensive TD so yak it up if you feel GB was really in the game. Fact is we had a prevent defense in after the last vikings score so whatever we won and their is no moral Victorys in the NFL it is winning and loseing and guess what? The Purple won! So keep crying about it

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk"]YouTube - Playoffs??? The Sound Byte[/ame]

:rotfl:

ColtsSeahawks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fact is up until 3 minutes and change left in the game the packers had 1 offensive TD so yak it up if you feel GB was really in the game. Fact is we had a prevent defense in after the last vikings score so whatever we won and their is no moral Victorys in the NFL it is winning and loseing and guess what? The Purple won! So keep crying about it
Ok well all this talk is pointless.. We will see Sunday who is the better team this time around. If the Packers lose I wont make excuses... I am not making excuses about their last loss either... Minnesota out played them, all I was saying is Green Bay played a hell of a game and it was close. Sunday will be a good game regardless who wins.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok well all this talk is pointless.. We will see Sunday who is the better team this time around. If the Packers lose I wont make excuses... I am not making excuses about their last loss either... Minnesota out played them, all I was saying is Green Bay played a hell of a game and it was close. Sunday will be a good game regardless who wins.
Should be a good one

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I guess since Hilda is leaning towards the Pack the vikings don't have a shot. Good thing his same old blah-blah- blah means nothing. Yeah Peterson sucks so don't bother stacking the line against him because he is overated I guess:happy0005:I cannot figure out why everybody that says he is the best Football player on the planet. Those guys on ESPN and Foxsports don't know football like our own hilda. Why does every team in the league stack the line against him? Your hilarious hilda but thanks for makeing me laugh:happy0005:

SKOL,

I am afraid I see the writing on the wall. If Green Bay wins, you will, no doubt, not give them their props. Do you care to get all the excuses out in the open now so you don't have to list them on Sunday nite? Poor officiating? Poor coaching???

When you allow yourself to be blinded by homerism, you paint yourself into a lonely corner. Just do us all this one favor: If the Packers win, don't even bother visiting this blog. You're better off to stay away and cool off for a few weeks because I guarantee with your modus operandi, you'll be banned for whining.

Again, it ain't only me leaning Pack - it's guys that make it their business - you know the Vegas oddsmakers. Yeah, those old fools that don't know ***** from shinola.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SKOL,

I am afraid I see the writing on the wall. If Green Bay wins, you will, no doubt, not give them their props. Do you care to get all the excuses out in the open now so you don't have to list them on Sunday nite? Poor officiating? Poor coaching???

When you allow yourself to be blinded by homerism, you paint yourself into a lonely corner. Just do us all this one favor: If the Packers win, don't even bother visiting this blog. You're better off to stay away and cool off for a few weeks because I guarantee with your modus operandi, you'll be banned for whining.

Again, it ain't only me leaning Pack - it's guys that make it their business - you know the Vegas oddsmakers. Yeah, those old fools that don't know ***** from shinola.
reults is what is about and since this is a home game i expect the spread to be in the favor of the pack. Pretty standard in a pickem ' game like this smart guy. 3 pt spread is what i expect so take the over and bet your *** on the pack. I don't care rather i am banned or not. Do you know how many packer and Vikings forums there are? I don't follow, this forum is not my life line to the NFL. I am bored and laid off for the winter like every winter. I am a construction worker and my boys start their wrestling season next week so although I would miss you Hilda i will try and bare it. I plan on talking all kinds of smack to you hilda about 6:30 sunday night. Will you be here if the Vegas oddsmakers are wrong? Love you hilda:happy0005:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
reults is what is about and since this is a home game i expect the spread to be in the favor of the pack. Pretty standard in a pickem ' game like this smart guy. 3 pt spread is what i expect so take the over and bet your *** on the pack. I don't care rather i am banned or not. Do you know how many packer and Vikings forums there are? I don't follow, this forum is not my life line to the NFL. I am bored and laid off for the winter like every winter. I am a construction worker and my boys start their wrestling season next week so although I would miss you Hilda i will try and bare it. I plan on talking all kinds of smack to you hilda about 6:30 sunday night. Will you be here if the Vegas oddsmakers are wrong? Love you hilda:happy0005:

Easy, big fella. I'd love for the Vikings to win.

If you could learn to smooth out yer rough edges, you'd be an ok dude.

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Childess is a idiot calling chilly ball when Brett was tearing them up all day. last week we are at the 1 and he calls one running play and calls for two throws on 2nd and third down so we settle for a FG when you have the best RB in the country you have to pound it in. Childress is a terrible coach IMO

childress brought it favre. which is the only reason why your worth a **** this year. so he cant be too bad of a coach...

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
childress brought it favre. which is the only reason why your worth a **** this year. so he cant be too bad of a coach...
Thats why we are the defending North champs and I am pretty sure we didn't have Favre last year einstien

Members online

Latest posts