Playoffs. Playoffs?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From VanderMouse:

Only one team in the NFC has a better record than the Packers’ 6-3 mark.

No team in the NFL has allowed fewer points than the Packers.

The Packers’ plus-78 point differential is the best in the league.

The Packers beat the New York Jets, who boast the best record in the AFC.

Yet for all those accomplishments, if the NFL playoffs started today, the Packers wouldn’t be invited to the party.

The Packers are tied for first place in the NFC North with Chicago, but right now the Bears own the tiebreaker over the Packers by virtue of their 20-17 victory earlier this season.

The Packers are among six teams in the NFC with 6-3 records, just one game behind league-leading Atlanta (7-2). But based on wild-card tiebreakers, the Packers would be left out in the cold.

Although the Packers defeated the Eagles (6-3) in the season opener, Philadelphia would make the playoffs because it currently sits atop the NFC East.

The Giants (6-3) and Saints (6-3) would edge out the Packers for wild-card berths based on better records against NFC teams.

Meanwhile, Seattle (5-4) would get in because of its first-place standing in the weak sister NFC West.

The Packers are currently ranked No. 7 among NFC teams in terms of playoff seeding. The Buccaneers, also at 6-3, are ranked No. 8 in the NFC.

Here are the NFC seedings, as of right now:
1. Falcons (7-2)
2. Eagles (6-3)
3. Bears (6-3)
4. Seahawks (5-4)
5. Giants (6-3)
6. Saints (6-3)
7. Packers (6-3)
8. Bucs (6-3)
9. Rams (4-5)
10. Redskins (4-5)

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playoffs?!
DONT TALK ABOUT PLAYOFFS!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Playoffs?! you kiddin' me?!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. It means we need to take care of business. We have games against Atlanta, NY and Chicago, so we're certainly not out of it yet.

If we won that Bears game, we would be at 7-2 while the Bears would be 5-4.

******* James Jones.

L

Lunchboxer

The Playoffs are still ways away. And the pack plays Atlanta,Giants and the Bears. If packers beats the Falcons and Giants We got it made.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup. It means we need to take care of business. We have games against Atlanta, NY and Chicago, so we're certainly not out of it yet.

If we won that Bears game, we would be at 7-2 while the Bears would be 5-4.

******* James Jones.
Cant completely put that in Jones' hands (
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
) there were many many factors on why we lost that game. Could also say if it werent for Crosby in the Redsikns game we would be 7-2 (oh wait that was all crosbys fault ;))

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears play tonight against Miami, then Eagles, Lions, Pats, Vikings, Jets, Packers. None of those games are locks for them. We should get the division.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears play tonight against Miami, then Eagles, Lions, Pats, Vikings, Jets, Packers. None of those games are locks for them. We should get the division.

Agreed! Bears are gonna sink like a stone in the sea with that schedule. The only games I can see them winning are the Lions (maybe) and the Vikings. Otherwise the division may come down to that last Packers/ Bears game but I predict otherwise. I don't think we'll be hearing any more roars from the Lions this year and the Vikings have eaten themselves alive with turmoil. It would take a miracle for them to come back and I'm guessing God doesn't care much for sexting so good luck with that.

:viksux::chisux::detsux:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed! Bears are gonna sink like a stone in the sea with that schedule. The only games I can see them winning are the Lions (maybe) and the Vikings. Otherwise the division may come down to that last Packers/ Bears game but I predict otherwise. I don't think we'll be hearing any more roars from the Lions this year and the Vikings have eaten themselves alive with turmoil. It would take a miracle for them to come back and I'm guessing God doesn't care much for sexting so good luck with that.

:viksux::chisux::detsux:

That Lions game will be interesting, I am sure a few of the players are still pissed about losing that one.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our Remaining Games:

DIVISIONAL:
@ Vikings
@ Lions
vs Bears

We need to at least go 2-1 in this split. 1-2 and we'll lose the division. 3-0 and we'll win the division easily.

CONFERENCE:

@ Falcons
vs 49ers
vs Giants

Two of these are at home. We need to go 2-1 in this stretch. Hopefully we go 3-0. The first one is at Atlanta. If we win that, it's a huge statement and all of a sudden, we'll rise back up into everyone's top-5 in the power rankings.

Non-CONFERENCE:
@ Greg Bedard's Patriots

Depending on how we fare in the other games, this one is one that we can most afford to lose because there are no tiebreak implications in this one. It's more of a marquee statement game. And I'd expect us to win this one for sure if we had J-Mike. I still like our chances.

if we go 2-1 and 2-1, that's 10 wins, which will be enough to get in, and probably win our division and at least get one home game. I'd like to get to 11 wins like last year, but I really really want to beat: Atlanta & NY Giants. I want to smash Eli's head into the frozen tundra like we DIDN'T DO in JANUARY 08 because we didn't have the CLAYMAKER or CAPERS.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our Remaining Games:

DIVISIONAL:
@ Vikings
@ Lions
vs Bears

We need to at least go 2-1 in this split. 1-2 and we'll lose the division. 3-0 and we'll win the division easily.

CONFERENCE:

@ Falcons
vs 49ers
vs Giants

Two of these are at home. We need to go 2-1 in this stretch. Hopefully we go 3-0. The first one is at Atlanta. If we win that, it's a huge statement and all of a sudden, we'll rise back up into everyone's top-5 in the power rankings.

Non-CONFERENCE:
@ Greg Bedard's Patriots

Depending on how we fare in the other games, this one is one that we can most afford to lose because there are no tiebreak implications in this one. It's more of a marquee statement game. And I'd expect us to win this one for sure if we had J-Mike. I still like our chances.

if we go 2-1 and 2-1, that's 10 wins, which will be enough to get in, and probably win our division and at least get one home game. I'd like to get to 11 wins like last year, but I really really want to beat: Atlanta & NY Giants. I want to smash Eli's head into the frozen tundra like we DIDN'T DO in JANUARY 08 because we didn't have the CLAYMAKER or CAPERS.
I agree with everything you said here Frank. Great post man, and great analyzis.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the bears winning some of those games eagles pats,and even the lions feel they want revenge from the last game,Cutler will be cutting it up for the other team.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh, we're going into Week 11. The Packers control their own destiny, and that's really all that matters. Does anybody seriously think the Bears or the Buccaneers are going to stick around as legitimate playoff contenders for the rest of the season? The Bucs haven't beat anybody yet, and their run defense is one of the worst in the league. The Bears have to be one of the worst-looking 6-3 teams I've ever seen.

First round byes are going to go to either the Packers, Falcons, or Eagles. The Giants are massively overrated-- they can rush the passer like none other but have a mediocre secondary and an inconsistent offense. Stop their pass rush, and you stop their team.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CURRENT PLAYOFF SCENARIO
(If the season ended now, which it doesn't, this is how it looks now)

#1-Atlanta 8-2
#2-Philly 7-3 (these top 2 teams get byes.... Philly @ Chicago this week so things will change, go Eagles!)
#3-Chicago 7-3 (because their division record still edges us)
#4-Seachickens 5-5

WC1-New Orleans 7-3 (conf record is 6-2)
WC2-Packers 7-3 (conf record is 5-2, same as Tampa Bay somehow... but I think we'd edge them)

This scenario would have:
Green Bay at Chicago
New Orleans at Seattle

Packers would then play at Atlanta
Saints would play at Philly

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago

Aside from Mexico City is the most corrupt city in North America.
We go into that game top 5 least penalties for team
That night we set a record for most penalties in a game
After that game we are again one of the least penalized teams in the league

Chicago

You decide......

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I think we can beat the Giants, 49ers, and Falcons, maybe not all three, but at least one of those games maybe a nail-biting loss. I hope the Lions roar through the Bears and growl at the Packers. The Lions have more beef with the Bears this year than us and I hope they show it. Eh the Patriots will be a good testing ground of how good Caper's defense can do. And as for the last game of the regular season who would have thought it would of meant this much importance, thank god its at home.

As for the playoffs I hope that Tampa doesn't make it, and would love it if the Packers could get a bye into the playoffs. And as much as I would love to see a playoff match of Packers vs Saints, would make a much better season opener for next season.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to imagine but we are rooting for the Baltimore Ravens to beat the Buccaneers!
We need AFC teams to help us out.
That's why I was mad NO beat Pittsburgh a few weeks ago, and Atlanta ralleyed to beat Baltimore last Thursday night! Dammit Ravens.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OKAY, great thread.... here we go again!

We win, we're the #6 seed and we bump the Bears down to the #3 seed from their current spot of #2. And that would be HUGE.

They'd be pissed as hell. That costs them a bye.

If we beat the Bears in the Wildcard game then, we would then travel back to Atlanta and they just lost their first home game in a long time. Their magic is gone. They are not invincible there anymore.

When we win at Atlanta, then we go to either Philly, or New Orleans. I think we match up better with Philly actually. We have already outplayed Philly, Atlanta, and Chicago in their stadiums this year. Sure, we lost the Bears and Falcons games. But we weren't really beaten by them. It was more of us beating ourselves, bad luck, and bad calls by the refs. I am not afraid of any of those teams. Probably the Saints scare me the most.

Let's get hot!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow Atlanta can drop down to 5th and NO takes 1st, if Atlanta losses to Carolina and NO beats Tampa

We can beat the Bears and If Dallas beats Philly Bears still gets 2nd seed

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When we win at Atlanta, then we go to either Philly, or New Orleans. I think we match up better with Philly actually. We have already outplayed Philly, Atlanta, and Chicago in their stadiums this year. Sure, we lost the Bears and Falcons games. But we weren't really beaten by them. It was more of us beating ourselves, bad luck, and bad calls by the refs.

Wow!
That really is amazing.
Everyone knows the Packers are actually 15-0 at this point and even if they lose to the Bears and they miss the playoffs they will still win the Super Bowl because the actual games do not count.
The real standings are based on excuses, finger pointing, bad luck, wishes, dreams, unicorns and lots and lots of good old fashioned crying.
:blink:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts