Reaction score
Link to Playoff Standings Below:

Link: http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/bracket

Currently Seeded:

3rd Seahawks

4th Tampa Bay

5th N.Y Giants

6th Vikings

As it stand snow we would get the highest seed that wins out of these four teams. I really don't want the Vikings again ( even though we have beat them four straight ). I am hoping for a home game against any of the other three. How about you ?

Post Note - Edited to avoid confusion, sorry !!!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Currently Seeded:

3rd Seahawks

4th Tampa Bay

5th N.Y Giants

6th Vikings

As it stands, we would currently get the winner of the Viking / Seahawk game. I really don't want the Vikings again ( even though we have beat them four straight ). I am hoping for a home game against any of the other three. How about you ?

I guess I'm still under the impresssion that if we finish with the #2 seed, we would play the higher seed left from the two wild card teams. I know what the brackets show but I think that they would cross over if the Vikings won since they would be #6. I think the only way we'd play the Vikings would be in the NFC Championship game. Does anybody know for sure?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, I guess this answers my own question I had earlier. From the link provided in this thread:

"During the regular season, the NFL Playoff Race Bracket and Seeds reflect how the playoffs would stand if the season ended up to that point. The NFL playoffs are not based on a pure bracket system. In the divisional playoffs, the No. 1 seed is assured of playing the lowest-seeded Wild Card survivor. There are no restrictions on intra-division games and the higher seed of any matchup will have home-field advantage."

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:

Currently Seeded:

3rd Seahawks

4th Tampa Bay

5th N.Y Giants

6th Vikings

As it stands, we would currently get the winner of the Viking / Seahawk game. I really don't want the Vikings again ( even though we have beat them four straight ). I am hoping for a home game against any of the other three. How about you ?

I guess I'm still under the impresssion that if we finish with the #2 seed, we would play the higher seed left from the two wild card teams. I know what the brackets show but I think that they would cross over if the Vikings won since they would be #6. I think the only way we'd play the Vikings would be in the NFC Championship game. Does anybody know for sure?

I think the highest seed always plays the lowest seed. Correct me if I am wrong but I think it is still possible to play any of the four teams depending on where they finish.

Example: Dallas will get the lowest seed winner based on them being in first and we will get the higher seeded winner based on us being 2cnd .

In other words the playoff brackets are a little deceiving in that teams can criss cross ( another example being that if the Vikings won, Dallas would get them as they are seeded 6th )

Make sense ?

Cheers !!!

packer_backer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i thought the #1 seed gets the weakest team remaing and the #2 gets the second weakest? wouldnt it be if the vikes beat seatle they would play dallas or if seattle wins they get the pack and the winner of nyg/tb gets dallas?(lower seed than SEA)

how does this work?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WE Get the seahawks and Cowpies get TB...

Lowest vs the highest, 2nd highest vs. 3rd. And that is EVERYTIME!

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer_backer said:
the only way nyg/tb gets GB is if minny wins or else its seattle.

I could really see the Vikings going into Seattle and winning. Then the Vikings would go to Dallas.

We would then get the winner of the Tampa Bay / Giant Game.

( all this dependent on if the seeding stays the same )

Cheers :packbeer:

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What?! does this mean we dont get to play the Cowboys in the first round and knock them out quick? damn.

Id like to see us play the Buccaneers, but it wont likely happen. It would be a great game to see. They have a legit playoff chance and no one has even thought about them twice, until now.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I predict the Packers will play Seattle & Dallas in the playoffs. GB will play the "Hawks" up in Lambeau & then beat Dallas on the road and make an appearance in the super Bowl!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I predict the Packers will play Seattle & Dallas in the playoffs. GB will play the "Hawks" up in Lambeau & then beat Dallas on the road and make an appearance in the super Bowl!

I hope it's more than just an appearance. Losing the SB is a very bad thing. Since 2000, I don't think any team who lost even made the playoffs the next year.

I'd love to see us 14 point underdogs, then win the big one. :cool:

Scythe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:

I hope it's more than just an appearance. Losing the SB is a very bad thing. Since 2000, I don't think any team who lost even made the playoffs the next year.

I'd love to see us 14 point underdogs, then win the big one. :cool:

The Seahawks made the playoffs last year after losing in Superbowl XL.

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say Tampa Bay because Garcia may be playing hurt for the rest of the season. He has a pretty nagging back injury that's really hurting him. If he's hindered, the offense doesn't seem to run as well.

McCown has done an adequate job though backing him up.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly The Bucs scare the hell outta me. Something about that defense just stoning teams, kinda returning to their old ways. And I have nightmares of Joey Galloway torching our secondary. Seriously.

Seattle looks pretty dangerous as well, with Karney getting three sacks a game for the last 3 games or so, and Trufant leading the league in INTs. That and Holmgren returning, ugh. I'll take MN or NYG all day over those two.

I honestly don't believe we can beat Dallas in their house. If it's Lambeau, we have a good shot. I do think Tampa Bay or Seattle could surprise 'em though and steal a second round road win.

isocleas2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's virtually a lock that we'll play one of: Seattle, Tampa Bay, or New York. Minnesota would have to win out and New York would have to lose 2 of 3 just for there to be a chance of us playing someone else.

My personal rankings of who I'd rather us play:
1.) Giants
2. Tampa Bay
3.) Seattle

The Giants would be a pushover imo. Their offense is weak and would be lucky to score 20 points, and their defense is dependant on blitzes. If there's one thing our offense is good at is spotting mismatches created from blitzes. We'd take them by atleast two touchdowns imo.

The Bucs were the team I least wanted to play up until Garcia got injured. That combined with Cadilac being done for the year and I just don't think they have the offense to keep up. It would be a low scoring hard fought game, something like GB: 20 TB: 13

And the Seahawks. Not much to say about them besides they look to be the clear #3 team in the NFC. Their lack of a running game is reminiscent of us earliar in the year.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously...........theres too much time left now to get worried about who we will play. Some of those teams (Vikes included) haven't won a playoff spot yet. If they tank, they could end up watching.
Nothing is even CLOSE to solved yet. I'm not saying it isn't fun to wonder, but it really means nothing yet.
Heck, we don't even have the #2 spot sewn up yet. We need 2 wins, or 1 win and a Seattle loss to secure that.
Too much is left on the table.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously...........theres too much time left now to get worried about who we will play. Some of those teams (Vikes included) haven't won a playoff spot yet. If they tank, they could end up watching.
Nothing is even CLOSE to solved yet. I'm not saying it isn't fun to wonder, but it really means nothing yet.
Heck, we don't even have the #2 spot sewn up yet. We need 2 wins, or 1 win and a Seattle loss to secure that.

cheesey,

Your right, lot's can happen but with three weeks left to go and looking at a good playoff spot for the first time in a couple of years, it's hard not to get a little excited.

Cheers friend !!

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tampa is the only one of said teams that even comes close to "scaring" me, but even then I'm not too worried. So bring on any of'em!!!!

And I want a "healthy" shot at the Cowboys too. Beating those Patriots in the Super Bowl might be another story all together though...:::shrug:::

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'll go along with that. Bring Mike & the boys to Green Bay for real beating and then its on to Dallas where The Pack KO's the boys...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

cheesey,

Your right, lot's can happen but with three weeks left to go and looking at a good playoff spot for the first time in a couple of years, it's hard not to get a little excited.

Cheers friend !!
Oh....TRUST me Winni..........I'm excited!!!!! VERY excited!!!!
I just want to be able to KNOW who we will be playing before i get too worked up about the upcoming playoffs! We have 3 weeks before things are ironed out. Like Tampa, i haven't really been watching them, so i have NO idea how good/bad they are. The Vikings scare me, cause well, they are the Vikings, and capable of putting ONE game together, at the wrong time for us. Seattle, well, I'm not as afraid of them as some others.
The Giants, obviously are better then they were the last time we beat them........but i think WE are better too.
Dang you Winni!!! You dragged me into this!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Now i'm thinking about it!!!! :lol:

Members online

Latest posts