Playoff situation, simplified

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there's still hope! destiny is back in our hands...

(assuming we lose tonight) all we need to do is beat the Giants and Bears! WE CAN DO IT!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Unbelievable how well today's gone. Couldn't ask for more. Win out (after the loss to NE) and we're in. That's all you can want is your fate in your own hands. Rest up, Aaron. We need you.

Almost makes tonight's game irrelevant, though I'd still like very much to shock the world.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I assume next week we root for the seahawks, vikings, jets, and does the saints falcons game matter?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank God! A win tonight would just give us team morale going into the last two games. Eagles helped rattle up the Giants for us next week. I want those Bears in the worst way. You have NO idea! All the pieces fell to our wish today, now it is up to the Packers to win it.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF we would win out could we get a first round bye?

if your considering beating NE in that "win out" then yes we can win the division and get a bye.

if we lose to NE we NEED the Vikings to win against the Bears THEN if we win out from there we can get the bye.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Rooting big for Seattle now.

I don't want Atlanta clinching the division early. I want it to go down to the last week so New Orleans plays their starters against Tampa.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IF we would win out could we get a first round bye?

Yes. We don't even necessarily have to beat the Patriots. If either we win tonight, or the Vikings win tomorrow and the Eagles lose one of their next two games, and we beat the Giants and Bears, we would have a bye. I don't think Joe Webb can get it done tomorrow night though. Truthfully, I don't like bye weeks. They can be a momentum breaker. Unless we have a key player who needs to get healthy, I'd rather not have it.

We need the Bears to lose one more before we beat them too. So many angles....

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. If the Bears lose tomorrow and the Eagles lose one of their next two games, and we win out, we would have a bye. I don't think Joe Webb can get it done tomorrow night though. Truthfully, I don't like bye weeks. They can be a momentum breaker. Unless we have a key player who needs to get healthy, I'd rather not have it.

Matthews Woodson and Driver could all use it I am sure.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Yeaaaaaaaah Melinda!!!
My little ray of sunshine for the Packer wins!!!!

I get so overwhelmed by all the stats leading up to the playoffs,...all I need is some positive thoughts going into a game, and I am golden!!!!
green and golden!!!! :yahoo:

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have tried so many scenarios I'm going nuts, but the thing that really makes me nuts is that most of them work out best with the Vikes beating Chicago. The Jets can beat Chicago next week, GB can beat the Giants, but I think I'm starting to lose it because I actually think the Pack can beat NE tonight. But most important for Vikes over Bears.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have tried so many scenarios I'm going nuts, but the thing that really makes me nuts is that most of them work out best with the Vikes beating Chicago. The Jets can beat Chicago next week, GB can beat the Giants, but I think I'm starting to lose it because I actually think the Pack can beat NE tonight. But most important for Vikes over Bears.
If we beat the Pats and the Vikings beat the Bears, this is officially the best football week of all time.

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!
GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!

:chisux::chisux::chisux:

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's sad that now when we need Minny to win, they lose their biggest advantage (no, not Favre), the noise bouncing off the walls in the Metrodome. Then Jackson goes down. Go Webb!:happy0005:

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No problem. Just try to remember to check if there is a thread about a topic before you make one. When you're making a thread, there appears similar threads in the top of your screen. Check them next time!

BTW, I'm having a REALLY hard time moving this thread, if anyone cares to do it...

Members online

Latest posts