Playoff positioning

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Packers win
Bears lose
Giants lose

But the Vikings win and at 8-6, they are still in play.
But they lose next week at Houston and they go to 8-7.

We play them the week after, final week.

Redskins lead the NFC East
Wash 8-6
NYG 8-6
Dal 7-6 (vs Pitt now)

Seattle is clinching a WC spot today.....

GO NEW ENGLAND TONIGHT
After the Dallas game. Currently it's Falcons, Niners, Packers, Skins, Seahawks, Vikings.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You b*st*rd Patriots!
The one & only time I root for New England, and they're at home as a betting favorite, and they pull that crap for us?
Thanks a lot. Nice attempted comeback though....

We would have been the #2 seed if NE had held serve there and beaten SF.

The difference between a #2 & #3 seed is this.
The #3 seed will have to play a pretty good #6 team, perhaps Seattle or Washington or NYG.
Then if we win (as #3 seed) that game, we would then GO TO the #2 seed, who's guaranteed into that round.

San Fran has a good chance to lose this week too, at a red hot Seattle team.

D

Deleted member 6794

The worst thing about the Niners beating the Patriots is that it all but guarantees the Packers have to play them in the Divisional round (assuming the #3 seed will beat the #6 seed). And I don´t like the Packers´ matchup against the Niners, no matter if the game´s played at Lambeau or Candlestick.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The worst thing about the Niners beating the Patriots is that it all but guarantees the Packers have to play them in the Divisional round (assuming the #3 seed will beat the #6 seed). And I don´t like the Packers´ matchup against the Niners, no matter if the game´s played at Lambeau or Candlestick.

Gotta play em sometime. The Seahags are looking mighty dangerous too. Two 50-point games in 2 weeks. Sheesh. Not sure I want to see them in the WC round.

D

Deleted member 6794

Gotta play em sometime. The Seahags are looking mighty dangerous too. Two 50-point games in 2 weeks. Sheesh. Not sure I want to see them in the WC round.

Seahawks looked great against two really bad teams, we´ll see how they play the Niners, though I would rather face one of the teams currently at 8-6 in the Wild Card round (aside of the Giants of course). I wouldn´t mind some team eliminating the Niners before we have to face them, I think we match up way better with some other teams in the NFC playoffs.

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game is in Seattle which is a very big deal. At worst, I think its a coin flip.

toolkien

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers are going to be the #3 seed, and the NYG are going to be the #6 seed (winning tiebreaker between 5 teams with best conference record). So hitch up the girdles and get the brain ready for that. And if that is the case, and IF the Packers can keep the game close instead of being blown out, Crosby is the man in the breech to get the points for the win.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know..... I HATE THE PATRIOTS.... the one and only time I think I have ever rooted for them, and they'd not lost at home in December in YEARS, and they sucked last night thank you.

I hope they lose AT Denver now as the #3 @ #2 seed because of that loss.

This week, we are A) Seahawk fans and B) Baltimore Ravens fans. I think if Baltimore wins at home versus Eli's Giants, that it will stick a fork in NY... maybe. Get rid of them.

That being said, I wouldn't he crazy facing RG3 either.

PLAYOFF MACHINE!

OK, so this week, I have:
GB beating Tennessee
Ravens beating Giants (at Baltimore, fingers crossed)
Dallas beating NO
Bears winning at AZ
Vikings losing at Houston
Seattle beating SF in Seattle
Washington beating Philly

And week 17 I have
Washington beating Dallas in Washington
Bears winning at Detroit (even if they lose, they still get the 6 seed in this scenario)
GB winning at MN

WOULD BE THIS:

#6 Chicago at #3 San Francisco
#5 Seattle at #4 Washington (if Dallas beat Washington, this would be Sea @ Dal)

Round 2 would be:
#3 SF at #2 Packers
#4 ? at #1 Atlanta

If we are the #2 seed; I'd like the #6 seed to be Dallas or Washington and not Chicago, because they might be able to knock off SF.
If we are the #3 seed, I'd love Chicago not Washington or Dallas.

AFC I have:

#6 Pittsburgh @ #3 New England
#5 Indy @ #4 Baltimore

Round 2
Pitt @ Houston
Indy @ Denver

Calculate your playoff machine.... you pick the winners this week and week 17, and it shows you who'd be seeded where.

OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can beat the 49ers. They aren't invincible by any means. The Rams seem to have them figured out just fine. The key will be catching them on the right day.

In the first game, we clearly didn't play well offensively, I just didn't think that was going to be an omen for the rest of the season offensively.

I'll take my chances with Kapernick, but Capers will have his hands full and we really need to get Kapernick in a funk early.

We obviously need to do a lot better stopping their rushing attack.

H

HardRightEdge

I'm still hoping for the second seed. Maybe the 49ers lose to the Seahags?

That's a distinct possibility. SEA is very tough at home. Also, they play a lot of zone which helps in containing a scrambling QB.

The bye would be sweet, provided the Pack keeps everybody in the lineup in order to get it. More than 2 weeks down time for star players buys flat playoff performance if the recent past is any indication.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God I hope the Cowboys get in and the Giants miss out!
I love slappin' up the Cowboys and I hate their fans!

kinda worried about the 'Skins.... don't wanna see RGIII healthy or unhealthy

H

HardRightEdge

No matter what I enter, we don't get the #2 seed, have to manual it

It's pretty simple, isn't it? The Pack wins their last 2; SF loses at SEA, where the Seahawks are notoriously tough, even with their lesser teams in past years.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Seahawks win tonight, next weeks winners: ATL BUF BAL CHI TEN HOU GB NE NO NYG PIT WAS DEN SD SF SEA.

Playoffs:

AFC: 1 HOU 2 DEN 3 NE 4 BAL 5 IND 6 CIN
NFC: 1 ATL 2 GB 3 SF 4 WAS 5 SEA 6 CHI

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Winner takes all for Skins/Cowboys next Sunday.

Just like last season in that overrated division.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HERE IT IS..... With Seattle up 28-6 (they should win), here's what we got:

We need to win at Minnesota. Don't laugh. They should have beaten us on Dec 2 in Green Bay. If Ponder was just bad and not horrible, they would have beaten us.

Anyway, we win.

Chicago wins at horrible Detroit, then they get the #6 seed.
San Fran gets the 3 seed behind us by a half game.

Whoever wins, Dallas at Washington, will host red hot Seattle.

San Fran will smack #6 Chicago, then travel to the Packers.
Atlanta will host the Wash/Dal/Seattle survivor. Most likely Seattle at Atlanta, a tough one for them.

We have to beat San Francisco.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
This is good. This is really good. The Packers are starting to look better and better as time goes on this year and now they control their own destiny for the second seed.

I really am starting to love their chances.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The effects of the replacement refs have been eliminated from the playoff picture. Vindication and relief in the league offices.
(assuming the Packers & 49ers both do not lose next week with a Seattle win giving them the #2 seed)

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Vikes upset us next week, we'll be playing them again the following week in Green Bay, Wildcard Weekend.
And then if we win that one, we'd have to go to #2 San Francisco.

Members online

Latest posts