Playoff Loss Hangover

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to admit that this season losing in the playoff has not had the lingering playoff hangover that it normally does? Perhaps that we did not have the expectations going in to the season and our team is young, perhaps it's all you guys and gals at PF that are in some ways therapeutic to have someone to talk to. So I ask you all, how long does it normally take you to get over losing in the playoffs. I have to admit the Philly loss was probably my worst. The Minny loss was less so, but because it was Minny made it pretty bad. Normally I am back in shape a few days later. How about you?

TheDesertFox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philly loss was 100 times worse than this.

We were completely outplayed last night, which is why I think it doesn't hurt so much.

I'm still drained, though.

Sadie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Living in New York just makes this loss much worse. I had to wake up to the newspaper praising the overachieving Giants.

I still love my Packers through thick and thin. We will only get better.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It takes me a long time actually...sometimes I wish I didn't care as much as I do but hey, it's the Pack and they have that effect on people.

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally thought that we beat ourselves. But thats just my opinion. The Giants deserve to go to the SB. I gave us a 6-10 record before the season started. So my expectations were over met. But doesnt it feel like we were better than the Giants? Thats what is hurting on the hangover the most. If we played to our potential and played like we wanted to be there and still got beat, i wouldnt have this bad of a playoff hangover.

I think 25% of my hangover is gone. I cant even turn on the tv or nfl network still. I wont be fully over my hangover till probaly next week.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys get over it, I was mad, sad whatever but now Im over it. There is nothing I could have done and nothing you could have done that would have changed the outcome of this game. When its all said an done there are going to be 31 upset teams and 4286546413 billion trillion million of there fans. Making it as far as we have is better then going 1-15. The thing is the father you make it the harder the losses become to take. Just look ahead to next year where the Packers will finish what they started.

TheDesertFox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I go to UW-Madison which is similar to living in New York since there are so many NY kids here. They were all dancing around State Street cheering after. The good thing is they weren't smack talking. Giants have very similar fans.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I played a drama queen last night after the game. I stomped my feet, pounded on furniture, pounded the walls and screamed. Guess we better move past it as soon as possible.

Lets all be grateful for the surprising fun season that we had.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was over it about an hour after the game, realizing that we played a dang fine season. 14-4 is nothing to be ashamed of, when you put things in perspective.

Keep in mind there's only ONE person on this forum who predicted better than 14-4, and that's Obi1 who said we'll go 19-0.

Anyone else who says otherwise, I challenge you to go back, find where you said it, and prove it.

Great season. Good luck Giants. I hope they can beat the Pats.

jbroad70

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Living in New York just makes this loss much worse. I had to wake up to the newspaper praising the overachieving Giants.

I still love my Packers through thick and thin. We will only get better.

i hear you sadie. i live in jersey city and have to deal with all of my friends who are giants fans as well as the media. i actually have the mike and the mad dog show on right now on 660am and they're talking about how bad favre and al harris were yesterday. actually, al harris is getting creamed on ny radio today!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
About 5 minutes after the kick went through the uprights.. I breathed a sigh, picked up my daughter and the world started to spin again.

Honestly, I am excited about the offseason to begin.. build a bigger, faster deeper Packer team.. and start laying the groundwork for next season.

Worst part.. no Sunday football to look forward too. ;)

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We were completely outplayed last night, which is why I think it doesn't hurt so much.

yeah

this is what i thought of immediately this morning...that playoff game was pure hell for about the next week, mainly cause all i heard about was eagle-mania

this loss is going a lot easier than i thought it would...mainly because A-the giants outplayed us, B-i dont mind the giants and C-this team has nowhere to go but up given all of the talent. All of the "Thompson guys" who he drafted are entering their 4th year at the oldest

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still not over it but the Senior Bowl is something I look forward to and I think that should help. I don't know how I'm going to be able to watch the Super Bowl. That's going to be hard.

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It really didn't bother me that we lost. I keep thinking back to the great season we had, kicking the Queens butts twice, , and the unexpected wins, and it's not to bad. So, to sooth my soul, I went and played a round of golf with my grandson (age 16) today and got soundly whupped, by a young Tiger Woods.

Now this is going to take some time to get over!!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I will be somewhat depressed all week. When the Packers' season ends, it makes me realize how much of an emotional crutch they are for me. It's probably not a healthy thing, but that's just the way it is. I need to sort of wallow in the loss for a few days before I can start feeling normal again. It doesn't help that it's the dead of winter, and I don't have a lot of fun things to look forward to until spring.

I want the Super Bowl to get over with, and when the post-game hype dies down I will be able to put this loss behind me a little more.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
10 minutes - tops. Football's a great game, but it's only a game.

Get worked up over something worth getting worked up over.

That could just be the quaaludes talking, though...

JoshTheChild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am officially over it as of 2 hours ago! I have my head up and I still rep my packers gear! hell it is the best winter clothing I have hands down.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL

I agree, Philly was like someone in the family died, which is really sad and wrong, but that was as painful as it got. This burns, especially since I was there to witness it, but not as much. It just sucks because we were THAT close, one step away, and we let it slip by. It's depressing, but we just didn't come out to play, and maybe we didn't deserve it. But, hopefully, next year will be that much better, we'll have everyone back with knowledgeable playoff experience, TT can hopefully fill those gaps that need some patching in the offseason, and if Brett comes back, this can be the chip-on-the-shoulder, run for the Super Bowl that we have been beckoning for.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm having a lot of trouble getting over it. With previous years, it wasn't hard because we were never the favorites. It's expected for the underdogs to lose.

But now, it's really hard. Good defense, great offense, and we came up short. Favre's gonna be 39 next year.

I don't know if I'm over it. But I've reached the point where... I can't believe I'm gonna say it... but I really don't give a damn about whether or not Favre will come back.

Whether it be Favre, Rodgers, or some other guy, I want to get back to the NFC Championship.

If it's Favre, the theme this off-season better be Super Bowl or bust.

If it's Rodgers, I just hope we become a dominating team like San Diego the last few years.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im over it already, im looking forward to the Senior Bowl-Combine - Draft buildup now, its usually one of my fav times following football.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still don't like the results, but what can ya do about it?
I think what frustrates me the most about it is, we don't know if Favre will come back, our schedule will be LOTS harder next year, and these chances don't come by very often.
But it IS only a game, and life goes on.

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had worn a white Favre jersey and when we were on defense, I slipped on a green Reggie jersey. After the loss, I threw my hat, took off the top jersey to slam it on the ground, but didn't, becaue I didn't want to disrespect Reggie. I reached for the next jersey, but didn't want to disrespect Favre. I changed and placed the jerseys in the wash on delicate cycle to wash off the loss.

I tossed and turned all night as the loss replayed in my head. Several times I woke up thankful it was a dream, but reality sunk in. I resorted to watching old videos of our Super Bowl season.

My wife said I am like the guy on Fever Pitch.

I finally started skimming through Reggie White and Vince Lombardi books, so I get load up on Packers's stuff regarding past wins, and stuff relating to Packers beyond football. I also checked out Deanna Favre's book, Don't Bet Against Me. This is one of the most uplifting positive books I have ever read.

It also help put things in perspective. When you concentrate on things more important than football, a playoff loss, as depressing as it is, doesn't seem as bad.

It also helps I have a strong feeling we will be going all the way next year.

And to all you Favre naysayers, it will be with Favre starting.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
way to go i agree all the way next year by the way like how you took care of your jerseys you can throw them this way and that but when you wash them they are delicate sorry it just made my day :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts