Playmakers

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://greenbaypressgazette.packersnews ... 80386/1989

When you have a team that is hurting for playmakers, and the few that you have do not step up during the games - you are facing insurmountable odds.

While I do not totally agree with his entire analysis, the main point cannot be argued. The veteran playmakers on this team(especially Franks and Green) failed to deliver and cost the Packers a winnable game.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba Franks shoulda been allowed to walk this offseason...how long is his contract for?

Our running back depth chart is not too promising...Ahman Green and Noah Herron...is Morency gonna play...and Davenport isn't a concern anymore

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
On the vet cut list I made 2 months ago -peterson-d/port-roman-washington-klemm-fergy,next years list will start with fergy and end with franks.Looks like hes playing not to get hurt.West coast O needs hard nose TE to make it work.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Morency didnt have much time to learn the offense, but his return was nice.

Noah...had a TD....thats something to complain about.

the run offense was bad this week. But im sure its cuz of Vonta "God" Leach was let go. lol. (some people actually believe that btw..i know! LOL!)

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

the run offense was bad this week. But im sure its cuz of Vonta "God" Leach was let go. lol. (some people actually believe that btw..i know! LOL!)

Then why was it bad?

OP
OP
S

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:

Then why was it bad?

We don't block very well period, Leach was a small piece of the puzzle. If The 2 guards, 2 tackles and center are not consistently doing their job, a fullback will not make a significant impact. Colledge looked like CRAP yesterday and the other linemen are still too inconsistent to mount an effective running game. Let us not forget also that Green has seen his better days and has likely lost some of his speed and power.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
It was bad because of no dedication to it. We rushed it 20 times, that's 5 attempts per quarter. The run play the Packers did consistently was a draw out of the shotgun.

I kind of liked the scripting of the first 15 making 9/6 10/5 or 11/4 Run/Pass ratio.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Actually, what was said was the RUNNING GAME suffered because Leach wasn't blocking, but please don't let the facts get in the way of your foolish theories.

BTW: Some people think that a team that loses to a sub-par franchise after capitalizing on three turnovers in the first quarter is a "good thing" and "shows improvement". Those of us who actually have half a brain in our heads however, call it a "train wreck". :roll:

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok... You don't think Leach was a factor... Let's have a look at Week One vs. Week 2:

Ahman Green vs. Chicago Bears (4th Ranked Defense Overall):

20 ATT for 110 Yards or 5.5 avg. Y/C.

Ahman Green vs. New Orleans Saints (12th Ranked Defense Overall):

16 ATT for 42 Yards or 2.6 avg Y/C.

Anyone care to explain?

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
It was bad because of no dedication to it. We rushed it 20 times, that's 5 attempts per quarter. The run play the Packers did consistently was a draw out of the shotgun.

I kind of liked the scripting of the first 15 making 9/6 10/5 or 11/4 Run/Pass ratio.

It was bad because TT decided to go with 2 rookies on the O-Line instead of signing some veteran help.

(This is a fact, not a conspiracy theory. You can look it up in a book!)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
tromadz said:

Actually, what was said was the RUNNING GAME suffered because Leach wasn't blocking, but please don't let the facts get in the way of your foolish theories.

BTW: Some people think that a team that loses to a sub-par franchise after capitalizing on three turnovers in the first quarter is a "good thing" and "shows improvement". Those of us who actually have half a brain in our heads however, call it a "train wreck". :roll:

yeah run offense and running game are very different....yikes..

good subtle namecalling. i like it!

tonytokes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM said in his press conference that this week the gameplan was totally different and they felt that they matched up much better throwing the ball against the saints (which appears true). he said they spent all week practicing pass first, move around the qb, and run the ball... in that order. so, oh... i dunno, being a third priority is probably a decent reason for the lack of running success.

or leach. hmm.

yes there were six dropped passes and favre's last two passes left something to be desired but after ahman's fumble we still drove the ball down and scored a touchdown. we lost offensive intensity during the middle part of the game but when they scored late, we answered and moved the ball. just had some stupid halts.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Anubis said:
tromadz said:

yeah run offense and running game are very different....yikes..

good subtle namecalling. i like it!

Like when you called me a FUKKING IDIOT. Of course, as expected the mods obviously didn't do anything about it, which still baffles me.

As soon as someone with a different opinion does it though, watch out!

I guess ****** Idiot is acceptable.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
Ok... You don't think Leach was a factor... Let's have a look at Week One vs. Week 2:

Ahman Green vs. Chicago Bears (4th Ranked Defense Overall):

20 ATT for 110 Yards or 5.5 avg. Y/C.

Ahman Green vs. New Orleans Saints (12th Ranked Defense Overall):

16 ATT for 42 Yards or 2.6 avg Y/C.

Anyone care to explain?

Against the Bears, with 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter, A Green had about 62 yards on 15 carries. He then ran multiple draws on obvious passing downs to gain about 45 yards on 5 or 6 carries. His stats were a little misleading in that game.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On offense it's Driver. He is the Packers best player right now. On defense it's Aaron Kampman and AJ Hawk is slowly starting to come along. Right now though Green Bay has some young guys that need to emerge. Collins, Poppinga and Jennings to be specific.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was nice to see Jennings look a little better but I was disapointed in Poppinga. Not sure though if in some situations the defence scheme left him in a tough position

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand what people expect of poppinga. He's a great athlete without a doubt, but was a hybrid DE/LB in college and is now trying to learn a very discipline oriented position on a 4-3 base D that doesn't call for "hybrid" LBers and its showing in his coverage abilties. Let Hawk cover the TE and Poppinga rush the passer.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

I'm actually glad we kept it in the air. If it weren't for all those dropped passes, Favre may have thrown 400 yards and we may have won the game. 27 points should be enough for a win, but the defense didn't do anything against the pass.

Latest posts