players that TT must trade up for if the opportunity is there

D

Deleted member 6794

The one problem I have with the draft and develop a QB, when you have AR, is why? Sure, if AR gets hurt, retires early, you have Hundley. But chances are, Hundley plays out his rookie contract with few starts under his belt and than what do you do? I would have prefered a vet QB at #2 and you have a guy like Callahan developing. Please don't bring up drafting AR, I think we all know Favre's time was up soon and the Packers knew it. But only a 5th round pick for Hundley, so probably not worth arguing about.

I would have been fine with selecting Hundley on the third day of the draft to develop him into a decent backup but there wasn't any reason to spend another pick to trade up to get him.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Ticket prices were jacked up again. No reason not to have enough resources to spend in FA.

OT: Looks like Packers are on the verge of pricing out and losing fans.

http://m.packers.com/news/article/p...7-season-1cec7a91-950f-46ef-885a-ee9c48ccc4c6

You do realize that it isn't really the ticket prices that are the deciding factor on how much the Packers spend on FA's? It's the Cap this year and into the future.

Also, with the waiting list for season tickets, I don't think there is ever much of a fear of pricing fans out, more of a thought of keeping tickets "reasonably" priced when compared to the other 31 teams.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Ticket prices were jacked up again. No reason not to have enough resources to spend in FA.
OT: Looks like Packers are on the verge of pricing out and losing fans.
http://m.packers.com/news/article/p...7-season-1cec7a91-950f-46ef-885a-ee9c48ccc4c6
per your cite:
“We project this increase will place us just below the NFL average,” Murphy said in the brochure.
Still cheaper than half the league to watch a playoff/SB contender [as of now.]

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have enough resources to spend money in free agency as the team has generated a net income of over $10 million for several consecutive seasons.

The league's salary cap restricts the team in spending on players though.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We didn't NEED Spriggs or Hundly, it's a win now league when you have the QB, and we have him. pass rushers, O weapons, and a MLB. Trade up to get the impact players we need, 3-7 rounders are rarely impact players, they are trade bait and should be used as such.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one problem I have with the draft and develop a QB, when you have AR, is why? Sure, if AR gets hurt, retires early, you have Hundley. But chances are, Hundley plays out his rookie contract with few starts under his belt and than what do you do? I would have prefered a vet QB at #2 and you have a guy like Callahan developing. Please don't bring up drafting AR, I think we all know Favre's time was up soon and the Packers knew it. But only a 5th round pick for Hundley, so probably not worth arguing about.

As far as Spriggs. I think the needs on defense (ILB, DL, OLB) were greater than OT last year, at least to spend your #2 and 2 additional picks on. 3 picks for a backup is kind of steep in my mind. Had the Packers decided they weren't resigning Bahk, smart move. So yes, Spriggs looks to be a capable backup on a rookie contract, but are the Packers done with Bulaga (27 yrs old) when Spriggs's contract is up?
How many quarterbacks did Ron Wolf draft?, and he had Favre in his Prime

facing the possible departure of BahkT at seasons end and the **** show our offensive line became when injuries hit the year before, Picking Spriggs seemed like a good pick at the time and it still seems like it after he showed he has the skills, just has to grow into his position.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We didn't NEED Spriggs or Hundly, it's a win now league when you have the QB, and we have him. pass rushers, O weapons, and a MLB. Trade up to get the impact players we need, 3-7 rounders are rarely impact players, they are trade bait and should be used as such.
I can never tell if this guy is being serious or has better sarcasm genes than I do?

We don't need no Ty Montgomery's, Ripkowski's or Jake Ryan's on this team. And certainly don't need our starting center. Think of how good this team would have been without a BahkT or a Mike Daniels, freaking wasted picks LOL Should have traded them for sure.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can never tell if this guy is being serious or has better sarcasm genes than I do?

We don't need no Ty Montgomery's, Ripkowski's or Jake Ryan's on this team. And certainly don't need our starting center. Think of how good this team would have been without a BahkT or a Mike Daniels, freaking wasted picks LOL Should have traded them for sure.
Both ;), our team is at a point we need a couple studs in key spots over a bundle of later round avg. players. Ryan is avg. at best, Hawk 2.0.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finding an average NFL starter in the 4th round is how you build a strong team. anyway, i'll give you the Jake Ryan and raise you a BahkT and Mike Daniels. Trade those picks away too?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Finding an average NFL starter in the 4th round is how you build a strong team. anyway, i'll give you the Jake Ryan and raise you a BahkT and Mike Daniels. Trade those picks away too?

Basically he's advocating that the Packers cease to do the very thing that has enabled them to be so successful over Thompson's tenure. Finding value in the mid to late rounds is what differentiates the consistently good teams from everyone else.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did last years class work out? Fackrell, 9 tackles, Spriggs, 2nd rounder, was out matched when he was in, Martinez, too slow.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
How did last years class work out? Fackrell, 9 tackles, Spriggs, 2nd rounder, was out matched when he was in, Martinez, too slow.

Yes, let's decide upon the success or failure of a draft class after one season while ignoring years of good data. That sounds like a great plan.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are times to stockpile late picks, when you are rebuilding a team, and there are times to target stud players to get you over the hump when you are only a couple players away. Arod is now a 13 yr. vet, it is time to target studs.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ron Wolf said he didn't do enough to get Brett more players, the same thing is going on now, a lack of urgency to win, now.

D

Deleted member 6794

How many quarterbacks did Ron Wolf draft?, and he had Favre in his Prime

facing the possible departure of BahkT at seasons end and the **** show our offensive line became when injuries hit the year before, Picking Spriggs seemed like a good pick at the time and it still seems like it after he showed he has the skills, just has to grow into his position.

I would have been fine with Thompson drafting Hundley and Spriggs. There was no reason to trade up for them though.

I trade Hundley for a 3rd & draft Chad Kelly with that pick.

I highly doubt any team will offer a third round pick for Hundley.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ron Wolf said he didn't do enough to get Brett more players, the same thing is going on now, a lack of urgency to win, now.
if you can't succeed with the offensive players Ted has put around Rodgers for pretty much his entire career, you have no business being in the league. If you think Ted hasn't done a great job in putting playmakers out there for Rodgers, then you have no business trying to evaluate the team either.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look we can agree to disagree all we want but we have Aaron Rodgers and have been to one SB. My opinion, our "playmakers" look better than they are because of our QB. Yours is they are playmakers in their own right and would be on any team. My opinion is they aren't, Greg Jennings when he left the Packers? My opinion, our drafting isn't working or we would have better weapons. We don't have an Edelman, how many years has BB been beating everyone with that type of receiver? Our best running back is a converted receiver, our best receiver is over 30 with a rebuilt knee.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look we can agree to disagree all we want but we have Aaron Rodgers and have been to one SB. My opinion, our "playmakers" look better than they are because of our QB. Yours is they are playmakers in their own right and would be on any team. My opinion is they aren't, Greg Jennings when he left the Packers? My opinion, our drafting isn't working or we would have better weapons. We don't have an Edelman, how many years has BB been beating everyone with that type of receiver? Our best running back is a converted receiver, our best receiver is over 30 with a rebuilt knee.
you're too short sighted to even know how limited your view is. doesn't even pay. later

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Both ;), our team is at a point we need a couple studs in key spots over a bundle of later round avg. players. Ryan is avg. at best, Hawk 2.0.
Either he was really bad his rookie season or you have unwarranted concerns but this cite differs: https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-the-10-most-improved-second-year-players/
3. Jake Ryan, LB Green Bay Packers
2015 overall grade: 42.5 2016 overall grade: 76.4
Ryan struggled in 2015 after taking over the starting inside linebacker role from Nate Palmer. His weakness proved to be in pass coverage, allowing 83.3 percent of targets thrown his way to be caught for a passer rating of 135.5, or around 30 points higher than the average for linebackers. It wasn’t just coverage, though, with few real impact plays in any area, including just one solitary hurry on the blitz. 2016 saw him jump from a 42.5 grade to 76.4 thanks to cleaning up his pass coverage and making strides against the run, too, recording a stop on 9.8 percent of all run plays and missing only two tackles all season.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Cook but they need a defensive playmaker real real bad. They don't have a single guy who demands even a double team..yet alone be able to wreck the other teams offensive drive single handidly ...anywhere in the defense. They need a Khalil Mack or shutdown corner...I'll take either one. Tired of getting smacked in the playoffs bro because of bad defense. Cook is going to help the offense score points..but we still going to get beat 35 -28 haha
I dont disagree with ya I would not be mad at either move. I just like cook a lot I honestly think with him on the team the packers offense become dynamic like wide open plays, he can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. But like I said i wouldnt be mad at either move.

Members online

Latest posts