Players on the ol' Hot Seat.. looky whom is #1

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
No surprise here.. but it is something other than the Favre drama.. made up or not.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=8308798#sport=NFL&photo=8308372

Aaron Rodgers, quarterback, Green Bay Packers
Unless Brett Favre decides to do some scratching before late August, this guy shouldn't bother sitting down. While Brett continues to sit in Mississippi, his former understudy from Cal will remain under bitter scrutiny unless he's able to lead the Pack to victory in every game — and that's just maybe. Unfortunately, this year's schedule is no hayride. And even if Favre, whose $12 million price tag would require restructuring or the firing of current players, goes elsewhere (the moon?), Rodgers will be second in QB popularity...behind rookie Brian Brohm.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No surprise here.. but it is something other than the Favre drama.. made up or not.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=8308798#sport=NFL&photo=8308372

Aaron Rodgers, quarterback, Green Bay Packers
Unless Brett Favre decides to do some scratching before late August, this guy shouldn't bother sitting down. While Brett continues to sit in Mississippi, his former understudy from Cal will remain under bitter scrutiny unless he's able to lead the Pack to victory in every game — and that's just maybe. Unfortunately, this year's schedule is no hayride. And even if Favre, whose $12 million price tag would require restructuring or the firing of current players, goes elsewhere (the moon?), Rodgers will be second in QB popularity...behind rookie Brian Brohm.

And why would Brohm be more popular than Rodgers? I don't get it.

If I'm not mistaken, the majority of Packer fans are rooting for Rodgers to succeed.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And why would Brohm be more popular than Rodgers? I don't get it.

If I'm not mistaken, the majority of Packer fans are rooting for Rodgers to succeed.

I think he's playing on the cliche, inapplicable in Green Bay for a long time, that the most popular player is the backup QB.

It is not a well-written passage.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And don't we have something like $25 million in cap space? Why does everyone keep saying Favre coming back would require restructuring contracts or getting rid of other players? Regardless of whether you like TT, he has this team in a very good cap position.

°Jacob°

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan Grant is also kind of on the hotseat, but im pretty sure he'll do good, his hotseat pails in comparison to Rodgers'

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I pity poor Aaron Rodgers. Not only does it appear he could lose another chance to QB the team, but if he does QB as he wants, every mistake he makes, and every QB makes 'em, will be magnified 100x over. He will be pilloried unmercifully for every inc and int. His only chance to survive would be to win every game, and by a large margin. How many QBs can do that? Ws & Ls are determined by 53 players + the coaches. But only Rodgers will get blamed. Life can be terribly unfair.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he wasn't a week ago, he certainly is now. If Rodgers is the Packers QB, no player or team for that matter will be under as much pressure too win now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts