Players ***** About Possible 18 Game Season

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
Professional Football Players ***** Too Much

The 18 Week Grind

Awww.... you might have to play 18 games of football. Poor things. All the mental and physical wear and tear is just too much to bear. Jesus H. Christ... go serve your country and walk a years worth of patrols in Afghanistan and see if THAT doesn't cause you some mental and physical wear and tear. NEVER knowing if your head is in someone's sights. How about you drop your multimillion dollar salary and take a huge pay cut and earn an average of the median expected salary for a typical E2 - Private in the United States Army... $1,338.60 a month. How about you tell my best friend how awful you have it at his son's (my godson) funeral next week after they fly what's left of him in from Afghanistan. IED's have a way of killing people... I haven't seen any pro football players die during a game from an IED or someone actively trying to kill them. I have lost all respect for professional athletes regardless if they are 'good guys' or not. They can stuff it up their ***.

In a very bad mood and very sad right now... God Bless Our Troops.

~Val

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Is it actually more games? I thought they were cutting down the number of preseason games if they went to 18 regular season games.

Oh snap, that means they would actually have to PARTICIPATE in two more instead of watching the scrubs play for a few quarters.

OP
OP
Valhalla Express

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
An article at SI a few weeks ago averaged it out that a starting player would participate (by cutting out 2 preseason games) an extra 21 minutes on field a season.

On a side note... scrap the opening coin-flip and kickoff... have them scrum XFL-style. lol

~Val

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Professional Football Players ***** Too Much

The 18 Week Grind

Awww.... you might have to play 18 games of football. Poor things. All the mental and physical wear and tear is just too much to bear. Jesus H. Christ... go serve your country and walk a years worth of patrols in Afghanistan and see if THAT doesn't cause you some mental and physical wear and tear. NEVER knowing if your head is in someone's sights. How about you drop your multimillion dollar salary and take a huge pay cut and earn an average of the median expected salary for a typical E2 - Private in the United States Army... $1,338.60 a month. How about you tell my best friend how awful you have it at his son's (my godson) funeral next week after they fly what's left of him in from Afghanistan. IED's have a way of killing people... I haven't seen any pro football players die during a game from an IED or someone actively trying to kill them. I have lost all respect for professional athletes regardless if they are 'good guys' or not. They can stuff it up their ***.

In a very bad mood and very sad right now... God Bless Our Troops.

~Val
If war is going to be brought up, and from the American's side, then I am going to give the other side of the story.

Everyone has the right to not be hurt.
Even those who are defending their own home country on their own turf against invaders.
And especially the civilians of the country that is being invaded from illegal undeclared unnecessary wars.

God bless the troops!?
More like God bless everybody, friend and foe, who is in a war.

We may not agree on which side to be on in a war, but we may agree that war is bad for everyone and that war is more serious than football.

Activist Post: US soldier pleads guilty over Afghan killings

Libya war: US rescue team shoot 6 civilians rushing to greet downed F-15 crew | Mail Online

US in no mood to tender apology to Pakistan over 41 civilian drone attack casualties

US Army 'kill team' in Afghanistan posed for photos of murdered civilians | World news | The Guardian

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whoa something got through the content filter.

No thanks to 18 games but please get rid of 2 preseason games.

Members online

Latest posts