1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Player Salary Question

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Wi. Mike now in Florida, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Wi. Mike now in Florida

Wi. Mike now in Florida Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    I was ask about this today and didn't know much about how the NFL salary cap works.

Let's say a muti-million dollar contract was sign by any player, (like A-Rod) and that player decided to give a
    portion (%) back to the team so the team could afford get better players in the house,
    is that legal or even possible??

Just Curios

2. Poppa San

Poppa San Meh Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,114
    Contract renegotiation, but I'm not positive about the signing bonus at that point. Could forfeit some roster bonuses in new contract.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. swhitset

swhitset Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,618
    I would assume any money already paid out as a signing bonus, salary, or whatever will count against the cap regardless of whether or not the player “gives it back”... I could be wrong however. More to the point...I can’t imagine any scenario where Aaron Rodgers (since I’m assuming he is the “player” we are speculating about) would consider doing this.