Player Salary Question

Reaction score
I was ask about this today and didn't know much about how the NFL salary cap works.

Let's say a muti-million dollar contract was sign by any player, (like A-Rod) and that player decided to give a
portion (%) back to the team so the team could afford get better players in the house,
is that legal or even possible??

Just Curios

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Contract renegotiation, but I'm not positive about the signing bonus at that point. Could forfeit some roster bonuses in new contract.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was ask about this today and didn't know much about how the NFL salary cap works.

Let's say a muti-million dollar contract was sign by any player, (like A-Rod) and that player decided to give a
portion (%) back to the team so the team could afford get better players in the house,
is that legal or even possible??

Just Curios
I would assume any money already paid out as a signing bonus, salary, or whatever will count against the cap regardless of whether or not the player “gives it back”... I could be wrong however. More to the point...I can’t imagine any scenario where Aaron Rodgers (since I’m assuming he is the “player” we are speculating about) would consider doing this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts