Playcalling

gbfan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the hell is this trash? This playcalling is ridiculous. 2nd and 3rd and long and we throw a 3 yard pass and an 8 yard pass. I know your in your own redzone but come on, you are down by 22. Just pathetic.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is he going to call? Who are you going to get the ball too. Brett doesn't have any receivers who will go get the ball and if you ask him to throw the ball down field he's going to throw interceptions. The key is you can't be in 3rd and 12 all night long. Bubba has some drops and so does Driver. Who is he going to go to?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
pyledriver80 said:
MM is giving up! Embarrassing!

He gave up since the begining of the season.... He is not HC material at all and we are experiencing it tonight

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

isnt there already an official "joke thread" in The Atrium?

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
The coaching was terrible from beginning to end.
No apparrent half time adjustments.
Leaving farve in after it was way over and he gets hurt.
Bad, Bad, Bad.

What I don't get is; MM countinually talks in press conferences about, "committment to the run. We need to run the ball. blah blah blah."

This is the 3rd straight game where they come out with passes flying right away. It makes me sick.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
Bad, Bad, Bad.

There were a ton of halftime adjustments, they were just made by Andy Reid.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
yooperfan said:
Bad, Bad, Bad.

There were a ton of halftime adjustments, they were just made by Andy Reid.

Yeah, it was called "throw it to 28's guy" and the only adjustment we had was...nothing, cuz woodson got hurt.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our adjustment was to start running the ball after we got down by 2 TDs. MM must know something I don't about football (okay something else) because I always thought you ran the ball to protect a lead.

TNPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The playcalling was, to say the least, conservative. The offense just looks weak, and will someone please explain to me why, when you need 10 yards on 3rd down do you throw a 5 yard pass. I've never understood that.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TNPackerFan said:
The playcalling was, to say the least, conservative. The offense just looks weak, and will someone please explain to me why, when you need 10 yards on 3rd down do you throw a 5 yard pass. I've never understood that.

isnt that favre throwing the ball?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
TNPackerFan said:

Yeah to Morency, who let it bounce off his helmet. Great move Ted!

TNPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
TNPackerFan said:

In no way was I implicating that Brett is the problem, and yes the one big time he deviated from the call it ended up being picked off. It just appears that he's being held back, for lack of a better term, by the playcalling. Sorry folks, I just like the Favre that makes things happen regardless of the consequences.

Reaction score
IMO, playcalling wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. I can't judge it farily because half the time our WRs/RBs/TEs were dropping passes.

IMO any playcalling looks great when you have playmakers, and our (lack of) playmakers is killing us. McCarthy can't call a pass because we simply don't have a WR to go out and get a jump ball. McCarthy can't call a run because our o-line simply sucks at maintaing the point of attack.

It is what it is, and perhaps McCarthy could have made better calls but IMO who would McCarthy want Brett to pass to on a 3rd and 26? Drive couldn't catch a cold tonight, Jennings was being doubled after his early catches, Fergy is Fergy, Franks can't get pass 26 yards with this O-line, Morencey/Miree need to help block or at least wait to see if they can pick up a blitz. You try to make due with what you have, and I say McCarthy did that.

The 4 tries to get it into the endzone was an essential play IMO for 2 reasons:
1. Showing how much further the Packers have to go before they get back to the top.
2. What happens when you try to force players that aren't talented enough to do something which they can't (in this case asking a young inner o-line that can't match up with the DTs, asking them to push the bigger and stronger DTs back while also delaying the LBs from filling the gaps).

Such is the nature of our team that if MM were to try to do some of the things we expected previous years, we wouldn't get too many better results than an 8 yard completion on 3rd and 26.

That's the way I feel anyways. :)

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree slightly. The draw on 3rd down when Rayner saved us on the 54 yard FG was boneheaded. It was 3rd and long and the underneath pass would have been there to get us a legitimate shot at a FG. Luckily Rayner nailed one anyways.

Running the ball in the 4th down by 22 was silly. MM completely gave up and again looked like a deer in the headlights. I don't care that Driver dropped a few tonight, you don't just not throw to him! Giving up with 8:00 left is uncalled for and pathetic.

There were other calls that were rather frustrating as well. I do agree with you that we don't have the talent but this is why my problem with TT exists. So now we have a YOUNG TEAM making silly mistakes coach by a YOUNG COACH making silly mistakes. It's a terrible combination.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I disagree slightly. The draw on 3rd down when Rayner saved us on the 54 yard FG was boneheaded. It was 3rd and long and the underneath pass would have been there to get us a legitimate shot at a FG. Luckily Rayner nailed one anyways.

Can you give me Wednesdays winning (Indiana) Lottery Numbers?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:

Can you give me Wednesdays winning (Indiana) Lottery Numbers?

Oh, more immature stuff, go figure. There goes the forum!

Actually this can be answered by having a little football knowledge, which isn't exactly your strong suit so I will explain.

Usually on 3rd and long son, the Defense will allow the underneath stuff. The idea is to cover the WR's deep to prevent the first down and let the RB's and TE's to be shadow zone covered 2-3 yards before the first down marker. A 6 yard out or screen most likely would have been there.

Doesn't Madden have some kind of tutorial?

Members online

Latest posts