Play of the Game ?

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson's pick was huge coming out after the half especially how we ended the first half. That changed the entire game. It was nice to see the other plays though. They were actually better, more athletic plays but as far as the game changer, I gotta go with Woodson's.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I say martins catch. not just cuz it was pretty important, but it was just an amazing throw\catch play.

Agreed, they NEEDED it at that point and time...That to me was the "DAGGER"

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't it nice to be able to bring up several big plays on our part for a change.

The coaches have been talking about getting the big plays and making plays when we need them and we saw how important that is on Sunday.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I say martins catch. not just cuz it was pretty important, but it was just an amazing throw\catch play.

The best words to hear on a Sunday afternoon around 3:00 "DAGGER!"

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
tromadz said:

The best words to hear on a Sunday afternoon around 3:00 "DAGGER!"

Especially if your team is the giver and not the receiver!!!!

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you hit it there. The "play of the game" Doesnt necessarily mean the biggest game changer. To me it means the "best/most impressive" play. To me theres no doubt it was the Favre to Driver TD pass! How about a couple more of these against AZ next week?!?

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets see:

Woodson's pick for a TD - Ball went right out of the TE hands into Woodson's. Nope

Martin's incredible TD Catch - Ball was tipped at the line, lucky to get there. Nope (although it was a nice shoestring catch)

DD's TD Catch in Double Coverage - Driver pushed off. Nope

Barnett Pick - Don't remember it. Couldn't have been to good. Nope

There was one play that Favre made. I think that it was a naked bootleg right. I think that it was Jason Taylor that had Favre dead to rights. Favre juked and I think broke both of Taylors ankles. I can't even remember what Brett did afterwards. I think that he threw for a 1st down. To me, in his prime, that was classic Favre.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those that picked Woodson's Play, MM agrees. This Note from his conference :

(From a confidence standpoint, how big was Ahman Green's run, not only to him but to the entire offensive line?)

"Huge, that's what we're looking for. We talk about all the time, banging that football 2-3 yards in the first quarter, I've said it over and over again, and then finally in the later stages of the game, the ball comes out. To be selfish, I wish we wouldn't have scored so quick because the defense had to go right back out there, but huge play in the game. I thought Charles interception and return for a touchdown, that play there, and probably the drive, were key turning points for us from a momentum standpoint in the football game"

Members online

Latest posts