Planning first trip to Green Bay next Fall for husbands

Love_My_Clay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi everyone...
so I am planning well in advance for me and my husbands first trip to Green Bay.. I need some help on weather we should buy the trip package from The Packers... Or just buy it all separately .. We are planning on staying for like 4 or 5 days we really want to experiences what Green Bay has to offer....Please help me....we are hopping to be there is September Yes I know the schedule for next year is not even up yet but we want to get a head start on it all....

Thanks

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to The Family! Enjoy your trip to Green Bay and the game!!! The Green Bay Life forum should be able to answer many of your questions. Try:

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/come-here-for-help-questions-and-answers-on-green-bay.22613/

A lot of people on here live in the area or have visited so they should be able to help. One thing I can say based on what I've heard, don't take the Frozen Tundra weather lightly. Bring winter gear, jackets, mittens/ gloves, scarves, hats. Even if you are from an area that is familiar with winter, I hear that is nothing to GB winters. So dress warm, especially for the game!!! Please let us know how your trip was and post stories and pics if you will!!! :) Go Pack Go!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
September should be fine temp wise.But take Kits advice and bring heavier clothes just in case cuz you never know..

Buying stuff separately not sure what is cheaper..I would assume buying everything at once should be cheaper

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im sure it will be insanely warm and you will roast at the games. Wisconsin has weird weather. Where are you coming from?

You are paying someone to put a trip together for you, save yourself the $ and do it yourself. I saved like $1500 by putting together my own rose bowl trip last year. I eventually gave it all to this nice girl who told me she was going to school to be a teacher. Boy could she dance, but thats a story for a different thread.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone...
so I am planning well in advance for me and my husbands first trip to Green Bay.. I need some help on weather we should buy the trip package from The Packers... Or just buy it all separately .. We are planning on staying for like 4 or 5 days we really want to experiences what Green Bay has to offer....Please help me....we are hopping to be there is September Yes I know the schedule for next year is not even up yet but we want to get a head start on it all....

Thanks
The NFL schedule usually starts the weekend after Labor Day. The Packers, as SB46 champions will play the previous Thurs. That game you can target in early February. Early Sept is typically 50's-80's by day with evening game kickoff temps in the 50's to upper 60's. Basically a cool summer evening. Usually don't get colder than mid 40's as highs until October. If it does, it isn't for more than a day or two. Usually have first killing frost near the end of September.

markg77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Women like you rock, my wife got me tickets for this sundays game and we are in southern california, i love the cold but she hates it but is gonna grit her teeth to join me for the game. hotel for 2 nights seemed in expensive but she got them a little late and we will be 20 miles out of greenbay in Kimberly. flights we not that much since we have tons of frequent flier miles and rental was a few bucks. good luck time to post my thread for this sundaty.,

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi everyone...

Thanks
Two years ago a buddy and I made the trip from Vancouver... We are planning to return in 2012, hopefully a Monday night game.
We bought a package deal. Hotel was the Hilton... nice room, across the parking lot is Brett Favre's steakhouse... a pretty good restaurant, priced above average, food and service was good.
With the package we got entrance to the tailgate party which was across from our parking lot. I think it was worthwile going to... all the beer, bloody Mary's and Brats and other food you can eat.
The Hotel is a couple blocks from Lambeau, easy walking.
All the good bars are walking distance from the hotel... and we hit them all!!
We were ther first week of October... expecting cold but 55 degrees, sunny, a beautiful day.
Anymore questions feel free to message me.

You will have a Blast!!

River918

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two years ago a buddy and I made the trip from Vancouver... We are planning to return in 2012, hopefully a Monday night game.
We bought a package deal. Hotel was the Hilton... nice room, across the parking lot is Brett Favre's steakhouse... a pretty good restaurant, priced above average, food and service was good.
With the package we got entrance to the tailgate party which was across from our parking lot. I think it was worthwile going to... all the beer, bloody Mary's and Brats and other food you can eat.
The Hotel is a couple blocks from Lambeau, easy walking.
All the good bars are walking distance from the hotel... and we hit them all!!
We were ther first week of October... expecting cold but 55 degrees, sunny, a beautiful day.
Anymore questions feel free to message me.

You will have a Blast!!

I like this information. We are definitely going next year and can't wait. Just saw the Pack are playing the Titans (which is my buddies favorite team). I like the idea of the Hilton, especially since you can walk to all the bars in the area. I tend to have a few beers and walking distance is always a good thing!!! Can anyone tell me what the ultimate Packer bar is in the area? I would love to hang out with a bunch of locals at a small pub and hear stories from the Lambeau veterans.

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My 2 favorites were Stadium bar, just around the corner from the Hilton, easy stumbling distance back to the room.
Curly's bar at Lambeau was also a great place for beer and good food. All the people are great.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
This has been up for awhile but I will put in my 2 cents. First trip to GB booked thru Packer Fan Tours, upgraded seats, did the tailgate. Never again. For the NFCCG, booked the room myself for 50 a night, got the tickets on stubhub, everything was refundable except my plane tickets and I saved about a $1000 over going thru PackerFan tours. Only caveat was my room was about a mile from the stadium but it was a quick drive and highly rated hotel.

River918

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has been up for awhile but I will put in my 2 cents. First trip to GB booked thru Packer Fan Tours, upgraded seats, did the tailgate. Never again. For the NFCCG, booked the room myself for 50 a night, got the tickets on stubhub, everything was refundable except my plane tickets and I saved about a $1000 over going thru PackerFan tours. Only caveat was my room was about a mile from the stadium but it was a quick drive and highly rated hotel.

What hotel did you stay at?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
What hotel did you stay at?
with packer fan tours we stayed at the Cambria which is a really nice hotel and near the stadium. Mike Mayock and Dion Sanders were there, actually ran into Mike, Nice guy. but for the NFCCG we went thru booking.com and were able to get a room at the Econo Lodge In & Suites Green Bay for only 50 bucks a night. We booked well in advance but were able to cancel the week before with no penalty's. The hotel was getting good reviews on Travelocity. Its a couple of miles from the stadium but for 50 a night I compared to 350 a night We could take a cab.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
But do you think you missed any of Packer Nation & the frozen tundra? I'm not at all familiar with the Packer Fan Tours so I don't know what they offer. I just wouldn't want her to miss out on anything that the tour might provide. ???
Unless of course, the forum family could supply her with all the things they need to experience.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I guess if you have the money going the fan tours way wouldn't be bad. The Cambria was a really nice hotel. Right behind stadium view bar. We upgraded from the endzone seats so had to pay the extra bucks. Got to meet the gravedigger at the tailgate but the drinks were watered down so bad you couldn't even get a buzz and it really wasn't that special. I won't do it again. Next time I book my own room, and hookup with some forum people to party with before the game. Or just walk around and soak it all in. but you gotta do the hall of fame tour and the stadium tour.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been to green Bay once in early May. Although I haven't been to a game at Lambeau I did visit Lambeau & I have absolutely nothing but positive things to say. I promise you won't regret it. While your there you need to visit Curlys Pub. Excellant food good beer & good service. They say there's no place like home. Green Bay will be a great place to call home. Enjoy your visit. You'll never regret it.

Members online

Latest posts