Pics From Last Week's OTAs

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've attended a few OTA practices this year and below are some pics of last Thursday's practice,
the last before training camp opens in late July. I mainly focused on the WR's and TE's for
the Thursday practice and many veteran players - A. Rodgers, J. Nelson, J. Peppers, C. Matthews,
etc. - were absent. It was kind of like their "senior skip day".

The practice was non-tackling without pads and backup QBs taking all the reps, but here are my
impressions nonetheless given there is a dry spell for news.

1) I feel better about our TE situation now than I did four to six weeks ago. You probably have
all ready read that Richard Rodgers is making a favorable impression and I saw the same
thing during the past month's practices. He displays soft hands and has made several nice
catches in traffic. I'm anxious to see if he can develop as a blocker.

2) Jeff Janis is pretty raw in his route running, in the pick below Randall Cobb is coaching
him up, but you can't deny his physical presence on the field. In one red zone drill he easily
out leaped a CB and if the ball had been thrown better it would have been a TD.

3) Colt Lyerla has some nice burst off the line of scrimmage. Not all players were moving at
full speed, but there was one play he quickly moved down field on a seam route. He didn't
make the catch, but in his defense the ball was thrown late and a little too high.

4) Jared Abbrederis may have the best route running skills at this time of all the rookie WR
and TEs. He looks very smooth and decisive in his routes.

5) I didn't see alot of Davante Adams, but the catches he did make were all textbook catches.
He looked the ball into his hands and didn't use his chest or body to aid in the catch.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts