Pickup HESTER!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He might have something left to inject into our special teams!! Remember Howard..?!?

OP
OP
D

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what..i'm pretty sure Howard was one cut away from calling it a career before we pick him up. Besides what do we have to lose?? See what he could do to the end of the year and if he doesn't do anything,,,let him go

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
No Thanks. I think Hester's tank appears to be pretty empty. His latest return #'s are pretty pedestrian, and the bigger knock on him to me, he has had 4 fumbles on punt returns and 1 on kickoffs this year. Packers return game isn't spectacular, but I will take my chances on Cobb/Hyde and Janis/Monty.

Last edited:

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He might have something left to inject into our special teams!! Remember Howard..?!?

Hester was cut for a reason, and that reason is that he's ceased to be productive. He was once the best......key word being "was".

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Hester is a has-been. This signing would make no sense right now. A team like the patriots could benefit from him though.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Gee another " I heard this name before so he must be worth picking up" thread.

ETA: Do you realize this is the fourth "GET HESTER" thread we have had over the past 2 1/2 years? Plus 4 much older "do not kick to him" threads and one comparing him to Cobb and Harvin. Have we spent as many photons on any other non-Packer player besides Cutler? Beast mode maybe?

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gee another " I heard this name before so he must be worth picking up" thread.

ETA: Do you realize this is the fourth "GET HESTER" thread we have had over the past 2 1/2 years? Plus 4 much older "do not kick to him" threads and one comparing him to Cobb and Harvin. Have we spent as many photons on any other non-Packer player besides Cutler? Beast mode maybe?

At least we didn't have any "only if he plays for the minimum" replies.

Granted in Hester's case it may actually be applicable but I love it when you read that response for guys that you know are going to get several million per year.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suppose that is the ultimate nail in the coffin. If nobody here even offered up the "only if he plays for the minimum" statement, then he's certainly not desired.

OP
OP
D

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All you boneheads thought I was an idiot for saying that we should pick him up and guess who gets him?? The Seahawks! We could've used him as a defense of back also

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
All you boneheads thought I was an idiot for staying at they should pick him up and guess who gets him?? The Seahawks!
Their return man has broken leg if I heard correct.

So they needed one

Yes Lockett was return guy as well.. With his broken leg they HAD to get a guy. Plus they use Sherman as well.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All you boneheads thought I was an idiot for saying that we should pick him up and guess who gets him?? The Seahawks! We could've used him as a defense of back also

Just because the Seahawks signed him doesn't mean it's a good move. They also
traded for Percy Harvin and are terrible at finding offensive lineman.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Please stop wasting... What was it that Buggy said?... Oh, yeah- photons on this thread.

:rolleyes:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
All you boneheads thought I was an idiot for saying that we should pick him up and guess who gets him?? The Seahawks! We could've used him as a defensive back also
De back? He hasn't played cb since rookie I believe in 2006.

Come on man..

He was signed by Seattle.

This is being locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts