Pickett: Game time decision

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pickett: Will he or won't he?

Looks like Pickett may need to rest this week. I say, give him a game off so he's fresh. the bears o-line blows and we need him healthy for the playoffs. in fact, i would rather we lose this week than aggravate Pickett's injury for the playoffs.

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the rest of our D-Line can hold up. Harrell may have to really show up this week. I hope our run D doesn't get carved up by the horrible Bears rushing offense.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the rest of our D-Line can hold up. Harrell may have to really show up this week. I hope our run D doesn't get carved up by the horrible Bears rushing offense.

It won't. It's best Pickett rests his groin against da Bears and plays part of the Lions game to be fresh.

Plus, I'd like to see our #1 draft pick start a game.

I'm not worried about da Bears' O. It's really, really bad. This is not the same team we played earlier in the year by any means.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rest him. Chicago doesn't have much of a running game(or offense) to fear. Play Harrell and Muir(is that his name?) and...that FA pickup from the vikings.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago's offensive line doesn't blow. Their QB's do.

I've watched just about every Bears game and I couldn't disagree more. Their Oline is HORRIBLE. One of the worst in the league. Their QBs suck too, but their Oline is BAD. BAD.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I had even a little confidence in Harrell, I really do...life would be easier. This game is very important to us because of possible home field. Otherwise, I wouldn't care nearly as much. Of course, I would hate a bear sweep, but that's happened before so I could live with it. Dabears are going all-out this game because it would make their season more palitable. I'm not interested in that at all. I say "crush 'em"!!

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it means having a healthy Pickett for the playoffs, sit him and start Harrell next to Corey Williams and have Muir come off the bench. We usually sit two defensive tackles most games, so I don't think Bolston will see the field unless he outplays Muir in practice.

OP
OP
bozz_2006

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish I had even a little confidence in Harrell, I really do...life would be easier. This game is very important to us because of possible home field. Otherwise, I wouldn't care nearly as much. Of course, I would hate a bear sweep, but that's happened before so I could live with it. Dabears are going all-out this game because it would make their season more palitable. I'm not interested in that at all. I say "crush 'em"!!

I understand that this is a very important game. very important. but it's not as important as the playoffs. now, i don't know if we'll need Pickett against Dabears, but i do know we'll need him in the playoffs.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why do you not have any confidence in Harrell? He's gotten significant playing time these past couple weeks and he's played well. He's still raw, but he's big and strong and he can hold the point. If Pickett can't go, this will be a good chance for him to gain more experience.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

Why do you not have any confidence in Harrell? He's gotten significant playing time these past couple weeks and he's played well. He's still raw, but he's big and strong and he can hold the point. If Pickett can't go, this will be a good chance for him to gain more experience.

Agreed. Harrell has impressed me the last few weeks with his play. He's no world beater right now, but he's also not been a liability and his talent is definitely noticeable if you focus on his play.

Reaction score
^ Which is a good thing. As McCarthy said, we need to come out the Bears game with a win.

I'd have Pickett active on game day, and limit his snaps in an effort to not aggravate his injury.

That action is risky with regards to DT depth if Pickett aggravates the injury, but we have Jenkins who can play DT with KGB filling in for him at RE, and if we really need it Kampman can also take a few snaps at DT with Montgomery filling in at LE. The way Montgomery has been playing lately, getting him some more snaps wouldn't be a bad thing (IMO).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts