Pick a Side: Favre or the PACK

FanOfTheGame

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I did read your post, question is ... did you read mine ? Because I don't think you did ...

IF the Packers season stand or fall with the 2 games (out of SIXTEEN) being played against Minnesota, then the Packers are NOT a contender ...

*THAT* is NOT Favre's fault ... no matter how much you try to argue your point ...

The Packers are able to win the NFC North if they are able to win consistently in 16 games played ... Not just the 2 against the Vikings ...

As for the Saints ... - I don't think they are as dominant as alot of people think they are ... - The Saints were on their heels against the Dolphins for most of that game ... - Untill the Dolphins ran out of gas ...

Bottomline ... The Packers control their own faith, regardless of how well Favre is doing or not ... - So your point is flawed ...

I couldn't agree more. Like I said previously, I want the Packers to win their division because they are the better team. I don't want the Packers to win their division because the rest of the division made mistakes or played poorly, or because Favre played poorly. The Packers just have to be better than the Vikings and the Bears. If the Vikings and Bears are playing almost flawlessly then the Packers must play flawlessly. But, that's not an issue right now because neither the Vikings nor the Bears are playing even near flawlessly. If we're hoping Favre makes mistakes or drops off later in the season then we're not having much faith in the Packers. If anything we're giving a lot of credit to Favre by saying our fate rests on Favre's performance.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Quintus, do you concede we will probably lose against the Steelers and the Bears in Chicago? If so, that means the Vikigns have to lose two games. Look at their remaining schedule. They yare not likely to lose two games (or more) if Favre plays at a high level.
I do not care about hypotheticals, which is essentially just talk about how ifs and buts were candy and nuts. The REALITY is that Vikings team has few flaws, other than ones I have identified. If Un4given plays well throught the season, we wil be lucky to be a wildcard. it follows that real Packer ffans cannot want him to do well, PERIOD.

I'll agree that the Packers will most likely lose against the Steelers at Heinz Field, just like the Vikings ended up losing ...

However unless some serious changes are being instated in Chicago ... the Packers *should* win against the Bears in Chicago ... - If the Packers can't win there ... they have no business in the play-offs ...

Again, I reiterate ... it is quite possible for both Favre and the Vikings to do well, as well as the Packers playing well ... - Will it be enough to win the division, - I doubt it ... - because I think the Vikings will win the North again this season ...

Again ... if the Packers don't win the NFC North, it won't be because of Favre, but because the Packers didn't manage to play well enough ...

gvilpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was a Packer fan long before Favre played for the Pack, I root for the team, not for a former player. He gave the fans of Green Bay many great moments, and some not so great moments, but he no longer plays for my favorite team, so its time to move on.

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quin

Re the Bears, it is a divisional game, and we have lost there for several years in a row, including 07.
I really do not see how reasonable minds can disagree aboout this. I have already explained reasosning. If you really want that traitor to do well, I frankly have nothing else to say to you.
Remember this, you cannot cheer for everyone.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF the Packers season stand or fall with the 2 games (out of SIXTEEN) being played against Minnesota, then the Packers are NOT a contender ...
The Giants lost to the Cowboys BOTH times in 2007... Still, it's not about teams overcoming, or the fact that the Packers can reach the playoffs despite losing to the vikings. You or me cheering for the Packers won't change the outcome of a game. But everything the Vikings do this year, short of beating the Bears, goes against the Packers. That's crystal clear. And if you cheer for them, you cheer against the Packers. That's also crystal clear.

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Giants lost to the Cowboys BOTH times in 2007...

The Giants went in as a wildcard. I do not see how any Packer fan would really regard that as an ideal way to the Superbowl. Yyeah they did it, but chances are of success generally correspond with seeding.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Quin

Re the Bears, it is a divisional game, and we have lost there for several years in a row, including 07.
I really do not see how reasonable minds can disagree aboout this. I have already explained reasosning. If you really want that traitor to do well, I frankly have nothing else to say to you.
Remember this, you cannot cheer for everyone.

Seems to me you are putting way more into this than what is healthy ...

- I'm not cheering for everyone lol ... - However I am perfectly capable of wishing both the Packers and Favre well ...

Again ... if the Packers don't make the play-offs, it will NOT be because of Favre ... But because the Packers just isn't good enough ... - Since Favre is no longer playing for the Packers ... how you manage to put the blame for that on him, is beyond me ...

Perhaps you should direct your "anger" towards the management that decided to move on instead of directing that anger towards Favre ..., because clearly you see Favre as a great threat ... in which case ... that must also mean your confidence in the current quarterback under center in Green Bay is less, which again actually makes you less of (Packer) fan, despite what you are trying to argue ...

The Giants went in as a wildcard. I do not see how any Packer fan would really regard that as an ideal way to the Superbowl. Yyeah they did it, but chances are of success generally correspond with seeding.

Again I have to reiterate ... The Packers control their own faith ... If the Packers don't win the NFC North ... it will be because they haven't played consistently well enough to merit that ... and again ... *That* will NOT be Favre's fault ...

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am confident that Rodgers is the better quarterback. What I am not confident about is the oline and running game, both of which can make or break a quarterback.
As for your other this and that talk, I already explained why you cannot cheer for both Favre and the Packers. And sicne the division will almost certainly come down to both teams, cheering for both is pretty much cheering for everyone.

Soup Nazi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not afraid to state I am rooting for Minnesota this year, but I have followed Green Bay as closely as possible since I was 5, without being dealt a restraining order.

I don't know what you would call me but whatever it is, it obviously doesn't come along more than once in a lifetime. Am I wrong? Who can really judge without prejudice? In my opinion, life is too short to do things you don't want to do. If you choose to root solely for Green Bay, that is fine. If your heart was stolen by Favre and you choose to root for Minnesota, that is equally fine. To each, his own.

"If you are a true Packer fan, you want the Packers to win." -Brett Favre

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Wild cards that made SB last few years

2008 Arizona

2007 Giants

2006 Colts

2005 Pitt

2003 Carolina

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wild cards that made SB last few years

2008 Arizona

2007 Giants

2006 Colts

2005 Pitt

2003 Carolina

I am welll aware of this. But is this an IDEAL way to get in the playoffs? NO. You have to want to get as high a seed as possible.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not at BF's official forum, am I? ;)

I hear that a guy there is saying witches and warlocks are going after Brett???

And this guys wife is scared for Bretts health saying she believes he is going to get really hurt at the game..And she has to fast all day till the game is over to protect him?

That is what is posted on that site now?

I am ALL for believing in faith and GOD and the like..

But isnt that going a little over board?

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear that a guy there is saying witches and warlocks are going after Brett???

And this guys wife is scared for Bretts health saying she believes he is going to get really hurt at the game..And she has to fast all day till the game is over to protect him?

That is what is posted on that site now?

I am ALL for believing in faith and GOD and the like..

But isnt that going a little over board?

Could you please reproduce those posts on here. I am most intrigued.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my view, you are NOT a Packer fan. You are a Favre fan. That is ok I suppose. Just relinquish your Green and Gold--for now and forever more.

But, that's the beauty of sports. I don't have to relinquish my affection for Green Bay forever. That's what makes individuals as opposed to lemmings.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW all that comes from WSSP 1250 Am out of Milwaukee.,..Gary Ellerson...

They also had the Vikings TE on ( forgot name) they asked a question to him on how it all went down last year and if he thinks the Packers were right or something to that affect..His answer was interesting..

He said

Was he forced out, or did Brett WANT TO LEAVE...Now one might think that it could be just the guy flapping his lips..Or was he told something else from Brett or people close to him that Brett did want to leave..

they did a whole show on it...Because if Brett truly wanted out but didn't want to look like a cry baby..Best way was to be retired...Then asked to be released ( ala Jets) then go to Minny..But the Packers werent going to release him and it made his plan back fire?

I dont know if I believe all that but I just have a feeling he did want out...Maybe he had it with Ted and just wanted out which would be fine..but if he lied to get his way then thats crap

Of course he wanted out - who wouldn't under those circumstances? I mean, you've got a boss who is becoming increasingly distant in your relationship. It's the boss' job to communicate his intentions no matter how painful they may be. It really isn't the employee's responsibility to ask at the end of each year if he's still in the company's plans. TT thought it was a good time to move on, but Brett had second thoughts. There's nothing really revolutionary about that. And, we're not talking about the average, everyday, run-of-the-mill player - we're talking about possibly the greatest QB to ever play. Of course this warrants a bit of special treatment because you don't want to upset your customers. TT flat-out hard-balled him instead of working with him. If it were me as GM, and I clearly wanted to move in another direction, I would have the stones to either trade Brett to wherever he wanted to go, or release him. At that point, it is out of your hands and you let the chips fall where they may. Brett either succeeds, or he stews in his own juices. Plus, it isn't like he's gonna play 10 more years. This was all simple stuff. It may have involved swallowing some pride, but in the end you, as GM, come out looking like the bigger man.

So, Brett ends up where he "supposedly" wanted to be in the end and all TT got was a draft pick and I'm not even sure who he drafted with that pick. Seems like an awful lotta pain for little gain. But, we live and we learn.

OP
OP
Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hauschild,

In my view, you are a fraud, and command no respect from me. Turn in your Green and Gold. And if we were ever to meet, do not condescent to call yourself a Packer fan in my presence.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hauschild,

In my view, you are a fraud, and command no respect from me. Turn in your Green and Gold. And if we were ever to meet, do not condescent to call yourself a Packer fan in my presence.
I cannot argue with your logic. You and I are the on the otherside of the spectrum as far as our loyalty but you and I get what The Green Bay Packers and the Minnesota Viking games are about..I have been going round and round with hauschild for weeks because of his back and forth team loyalty. He is most likely a pack-Bears fan or a Vikings-bear fan on the Bear forums. This game is a Black and Blue division game at its finest. Not favre or Rodgers againsts anybody.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you cheer BF to do well, you are hurting the Packers. This is the NFL.
Two games makes a difference weather you make the playoffs or not, 10-6 could be 12-4, or 10-6 could be 8-8.

This year it is clear to me that the vikings would be 4-3 this year if it were not for BF. BF is the difference. BF success will be the Packers failure, or the Packers success will be BF failure. ITS THE SAME DIVISION FOR PETS SAKE. All these other arguments for Cheering BF make sense if he were playing in the AFC or different division. He is in our division, whats the golden rule, win your division games. NFL is too competitive to just give two games away because you want one individual to do well.

These BF fans have to be honest with themselves, they are putting the Packers on hold until BF is done.

I admit I have to watched every viking game this season, I feel compelled to do so. For sure I am cheering against BF and the vikings so they lose, but whatever happens I can still appreciate the performance of BF. I am hoping for the INT (which at the bar I go to to watch both the Packers and vikings I have lost that bet over and over again) and I sit and watch BF do his thing, not happy with the viking win, but I can appreciate the fine football play, thats love for the game.

Going one step further to cheer for BF, by definition you are not a Packer fan, and in any military situation would be executed for treason.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hauschild,

Your view is somewhat limited, at least from my perspective.

I will not be bullied and I will not lie. My best advice for you is to get over yourself, wake up and realize there's an entire world going on right underneath your nose.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Going one step further to cheer for BF, by definition you are not a Packer fan, and in any military situation would be executed for treason.

Little extreme??

Please lets leave killing, of any sort when talking to people and their beliefs about a FOOTBALL PLAYER/TEAM.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hauschild,

You need help. If indeed you hold an attitude like you express in these postings here, then you are decidedly immature & psychologically in need of medicinal enhancement.

It's fine to get behind your team but you take fan support to extreme levels. Most individuals would recognize your obvious creepy obssession from a distance & subsequently give you a wide berth. You give sports fans a bad name. Grow up.

Members online

Latest posts