Pick #256 overall - RB Kylin Hill, Mississippi State.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did not realize he was still there. Ranked #5 at Walterfootball

Must be the suspension for the lockerroom incident that dropped him.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Kylin Hill, RB, Mississippi State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.52.
Projected Round (2021): 3-4.
View Ranking History
4/26/21: Hill was phenomenal in the 2020 season opener, showing serious receiving ability to help lead an upset over LSU. On top of making some huge catches, Hill did well as a blocker. Following a suspension over a locker room incident, Hill decided to sit out the rest of the season and then enter the 2021 NFL Draft. Hill has a good skill set and could become a three-down starter in the NFL.

8/29/20: In 2019, Hill averaged 5.7 yards per carry for 1,347 yards with 10 scores. He had 17 receptions for 174 yards and a touchdown too. Hill played well for the Bulldogs, showing power and quickness, but they struggled to help Hill find good running lanes in a number of games in 2019. He has starting potential for the NFL and could stand to improve his receiving ability for the next level. Working with new head coach Mike Leach could really improve Hill's pass-catching talent.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Hill had a 5.80 from Zierlein, which is a solid backup grade.

Jordan Reid of the draft network felt he has the potential of a #2 RB.

PFF had him ranked right around 200.

Basically everyone agrees on what he is— a hard charging one pace back with contact balance who can catch.

Feels like a likely Jamaal replacement.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone change the thread, wrong school.

kylin is another guy I had pegged as no way being there at this spot. Love his style and what he brings as a compliment and sit and learn

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kylin is gonna be a great 3rd down back option and I feel could be the Ervin role as well

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hill is a player I never expected to be there in the 7th round. Packers got a huge steal. Good athlete, plays fast, shifty and most of all he is a really good pass catcher. Williams was the safest pass catcher at RB and it seems Hill is gonna take that role now. He is a perfect 3rd guy. I really like the RB room.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Hill is out for the season. Really wished he hadn't taken the ball out of the EZ on that play, even more so now.

Next man up!

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just who is the next man? Who is on the practice squad? Do they sign somebody? Where is Dexter?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
honestly that was just plain stupid on his part. that was clearly a case where he should have taken the touchback. i'm sad that he was injured, but it was really a bad decision on his part.
I don't disagree but to play devils advocate we don't know, or at least I have not seen, what he may have seen looking up the field. Maybe he saw a seam he thought he could exploit. It was clearly a case where he should have taken the TB but sometimes thing that are clearly something are only clearly something because of what they ended up being. I wonder what tune we would all be singing if he had broken it for a TD or even into Cardinals territory. It almost looked to me like he was going to take the TB and all of a sudden decided to run it out. For the most part yeah its not a good idea to bring it out from that deep. You have to gain 30 yards just to break even and there are other risks involved. I'd be curious to see how many KOs are returned from that deep and where they end up.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a bad omen when he began to stumble after his first couple of strides. Wish him the best for a full and speedy recovery.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
For the most part yeah its not a good idea to bring it out from that deep. You have to gain 30 yards just to break even and there are other risks involved. I'd be curious to see how many KOs are returned from that deep and where they end up.
Green Bay returners continue to make bad decisions and this was just another example of one. I know you were just trying to play devils advocate with "but what if he had returned it for a long gain." Problem is, he didn't and if you watch the play again, it was a poor decision on his part to try. Add "unneeded risk of injuries" to the list of bad things that can happen when you don't fair catch. I'm not impressed one bit with Drayton as special teams coach, but I really didn't expect to be, his boss was a failure too.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The devils advocate part was more that we don't know what he saw, if anything, that made him think it was a good idea. Maybe nothing and he was just trying to be a hero.

The part about him returning it for a big play was just to illustrate how different we would have looked at it had he done so. Its like play calling. 9 times out of 10 if a play fails it was a bad call but if it works it was genius. On that rare 1 out of ten people will say they got lucky it worked but it was still a dumb call.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In watching the play several times, Summers missed his block on Jonathan Ward, who blows Hill up at the 8 1/2 yard line. Just seeing how close several other Cardinals were as the play finishes, leads me to the conclusion that he should have downed it. I hope he gets another chance next season. I also hope that the Packers settle for the 25 Yardline on any future kick in the EZ.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The devils advocate part was more that we don't know what he saw, if anything, that made him think it was a good idea. Maybe nothing and he was just trying to be a hero.

The part about him returning it for a big play was just to illustrate how different we would have looked at it had he done so. Its like play calling. 9 times out of 10 if a play fails it was a bad call but if it works it was genius. On that rare 1 out of ten people will say they got lucky it worked but it was still a dumb call.
With our special teams blocking I would never bring it out even if I were Devin Hester.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay returners continue to make bad decisions and this was just another example of one. I know you were just trying to play devils advocate with "but what if he had returned it for a long gain." Problem is, he didn't and if you watch the play again, it was a poor decision on his part to try. Add "unneeded risk of injuries" to the list of bad things that can happen when you don't fair catch. I'm not impressed one bit with Drayton as special teams coach, but I really didn't expect to be, his boss was a failure too.
Even OUR special teams stopped the Cardinals before the 25. So it was not worth the risk.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Just who is the next man? Who is on the practice squad? Do they sign somebody? Where is Dexter?
Dexter Juice Williams is on the street. He was picked up by the Giants. But only lasted a few weeks on their PS. I would look elsewhere, he didn't impress me at all. Activate Patrick for your #3 RB and if an Andre Rison clone isn't available, all they have is Malik Taylor. Wonder if Winfree has returned kicks, I prefer him at WR over Taylor.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dexter Juice Williams is on the street. He was picked up by the Giants. But only lasted a few weeks on their PS. I would look elsewhere, he didn't impress me at all. Activate Patrick for your #3 RB and if an Andre Rison clone isn't available, all they have is Malik Taylor. Wonder if Winfree has returned kicks, I prefer him at WR over Taylor.
I thought Malik looked good in preseason and I thought the same of Dexter. But that was August.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts