Pick #220, Isaiah McDuffie, LB, Boston College

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Lance Zierlein gave him a 6.00 which is a developmental grade— i.e. he sees untapped potential.

PFF ranked him right around in line with where he went.

Joe Marino with the draft network felt he was a developmental WILL who has ability in space and in coverage.

He’s a solid athlete. Core ST guy with the potential to maybe be more if he’s a winning lotto ticket.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
High character dude from everything I can find. Watch two interviews he had and strikes me as such.

Was an excellent running back in high school so the skills to move are there and is an intriguing depth ST pick if nothing else

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is he fast at all? Quick? I saw him on one play go around the DE on a stunt and grab the QB as he started to run. Looked quick on that play. Also saw him run somebody down laterally. Met him at the out of bounds line. Not much to go on.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same size as Dylan Moses, but shorter arms, bigger hands. I wonder if this management group even looked at Moses because of the ACL. Also according to NFL.com Moses was graded over .2 higher. This kid is listed as a developmental talent, so unless NFL got it wrong, or management knows something no one else does, he won't start this year, and I think we needed to draft a starter this year.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Same size as Dylan Moses, but shorter arms, bigger hands. I wonder if this management group even looked at Moses because of the ACL. Also according to NFL.com Moses was graded over .2 higher. This kid is listed as a developmental talent, so unless NFL got it wrong, or management knows something no one else does, he won't start this year, and I think we needed to draft a starter this year.

I'm always a little mystified when a big name falls completely out of the draft and people are still fixated on them. How often is the league proven wrong in those instances? 32 scouting departments passed on Moses a collective 259 times. It's not like he was hidden at Alabama.

The Packers definitely need more help at this position. You will almost certainly see them add a veteran patch to work in with Barnes and Martin. McDuffie has some talent to work with and develop, but he was drafted most immediately for special teams.

OP
OP
thisisnate

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to think Moses' knee is just mashed potatoes inside at this point for him to go undrafted. Must be super messed up.

Reaction score
The good news is that GB didn’t feel the need to draft at LB inside the top #200. They clearly have a game plan with Barry coming into the equation. He may even have several prospects willing to follow him now that he’s our new DC

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The good news is that GB didn’t feel the need to draft at LB inside the top #200. They clearly have a game plan with Barry coming into the equation. He may even have several prospects willing to follow him now that he’s our new DC

Gute actually said they wanted to, but the board just didn’t go that way.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So spent some time trying to watch more McDuffie as I'll be honest I didn't pay attention much to him in my pre-draft research - kinda ticked as there is some serious ability there for this guy.

Lunch pale type dude that just makes plays, doesn't flash or make his presence known audibly or with celebrations a whole lot - but again just make plays. It is gonna be very interesting to see if like in College he can produce the same consistency and stability in being where he should be being proactive in play diagnosis.

I initially was very unhappy with this selection player wise...but it was my failing to property scout the players available in the off ball LB position.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts