Philip Rivers

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Here are some key problems with San Diego.

#1 What is wrong with Phillip Rivers?
No need for explanation

#2. Most fumbles by running backs since 2010
This is a big problem, they can't run the ball without fear of a fumble. Maybe they should have kept Sproles and Michael Turner.

#3. Can't close games
The Jets game was the key to this. Going up by 11 points twice and end up losing.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#3. Can't close games
The Jets game was the key to this. Going up by 11 points twice and end up losing.

Here is the WPA graph for the San Diego game.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That humongous spike near the end of regulation is of course, the "phumble", and it, needless to say, was the biggest play of the game (It decreased their chances of winning by 42%). A play of similar magnitude occured in the Jets game when a Rivers pass was picked off (It decreased their chances of winning by around 43%). So it's safe to say that, although the Chargers will put up a fight in the first half, their second-half woes, combined with the fact that the Packers D plays better in the second half, will do them in and net the Packers their eighth win.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Here is the WPA graph for the San Diego game.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That humongous spike near the end of regulation is of course, the "phumble", and it, needless to say, was the biggest play of the game (It decreased their chances of winning by 42%). A play of similar magnitude occured in the Jets game when a Rivers pass was picked off (It decreased their chances of winning by around 43%). So it's safe to say that, although the Chargers will put up a fight in the first half, their second-half woes, combined with the fact that the Packers D plays better in the second half, will do them in and net the Packers their eighth win.

I agree, I don't see them closing us out, their defense won't be able to stop Rodgers.

OP
OP
gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
I agree, I don't see them closing us out, their defense won't be able to stop Rodgers.
Me either one thing that Rodgers does is get the ball out of his hand very quick and he has the mobility to get out of the pocket and make things happen with his feet. Cassel dosnt have the quick relase and dosnt have as good mobility but he still was able to get some good gains when he he did roll out SD D is not going to know what is going to hit them this coming Sunday.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Is it just me or does he just look very bad this year? I really hope he continues playing like he has been the last couple of weeks vs the Packers next week. I think that Cwood and tramon will have a field day making picks on him if he plays like he has so far tonight.

Yea he is playing pretty bad this year I don't understand why he still has so much hype around him, I see Cwood having another big clutch game along with the Packers victory.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Please beat the crap out of these guys. Please show up on defense. Please hang a ton of points on them.

I hate the Chargers and Rivers big head.

Reaction score
After fumbling that snap which in essence lost the game for Chargers, Mr. Rivers should be more on the humble. The Chargers are just like us on offense. Very good receivers, a nightmare tight end, and solid running backs. The difference is the decision making of the QBs. Rivers, to put it bluntly, is playing like garbage this year. Quite the opposite for Mr. Rodgers. Hopefully that trend continues.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rivers does not suck. Hes a good QB that, for whatever reason, is having a down year so far stats wise. Rivers is actually a very good QB. Perhaps defenses have finally figured out Norv and Rivers. Or maybe Norv has been there too long and has wore out his welcome. I think Rivers and the Chargers need a fresh start coaching wise.

But dont let Rivers stats fool you. Hes a very good QB that is more than capable of beating us if we dont show up to play.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Norv is terrible and the Chargers never seem to have the right leaders to me. It's like the Cowboys of the AFC at times. On paper they have been amazing. Last year heck I think they led the league is everything; first in offense and defense for most of the season.

Still no playoffs.

Maybe this proves at times that stats can mean nothing. They are paper tigers.

Please beat the crap out of them and show up on both sides of the ball. I think their o line is weaker this year too and has had some injuries. Please please sack Rivers and get some picks.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rivers does not suck. Hes a good QB that, for whatever reason, is having a down year so far stats wise. Rivers is actually a very good QB. Perhaps defenses have finally figured out Norv and Rivers. Or maybe Norv has been there too long and has wore out his welcome. I think Rivers and the Chargers need a fresh start coaching wise.

But dont let Rivers stats fool you. Hes a very good QB that is more than capable of beating us if we dont show up to play.

Agreed, but the last two games are telling me that SD has bigtime potential to go on a downward spiral, maybe for the rest of the season. In order for them to reverse that they're going to have to play a helluva game against the Pack next Sunday. If the Chargers can jump ahead, they've got a chance. If the Packers go into halftime with a 7+ point lead, Chargers are done. The potential for SD to get demoralized in this game is pretty high.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Please beat the crap out of these guys. Please show up on defense. Please hang a ton of points on them.

I hate the Chargers and Rivers big head.

Jules, I'm not sure I can figure out exactly where you stand on this, could you please tell us how you really feel about the Chargers. :D

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Someone is drinking too much kool aid if they actually believe the Chargers are on an equal number with us offensively.

They lead the league since last year in running back fumbles, they have a quarterback that is leading the league in interceptions so far, and as far as Antonio Gates, I would take Jimmy Graham and Jermicheal Finley over him any day of the week.

Yeah Rivers is gonna "light us up" just like he did Kansas City a few nights ago missing easy passes and turning the ball over, get real guys. You talk as if we are winless and have no chance in hell of stopping a quarterback that is throwing more picks than touchdowns.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Rivers has the potential to light things up but at the same time he has just a great of chance of ******** up too. He has turned into Tony Romo in a way. And Rivers is also extremely annoying just to look at.

The Chargers are weird. They led the league last year I think in defense and offense? (yeah stats mean everything) but missed the playoffs. This year SB dreams were on the horizen again. They could not even get enough pressure on Sanchez or Cassel so good luck stopping Rodgers.

Even if they have a good start to the game Sunday be patient. The screw ups will come. These guys are terrible in crunch time too.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts