Philbin's son had alcohol, marijuana in him when he died, reports show

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Toxicology reports on Michael Philbin, the 21-year-old son of former Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin who drowned in the Fox River on Jan. 9, showed that he had a blood alcohol level of 0.176 and marijuana in his system at the time of his death.

Source: JSOnline.com

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pretty much, still sucks and sadly might have been the reason the Pack did so poorly. Have to feel bad for Philbin and his family. From what I understand Micheal had turned his life around after the whole HS incident with the girls.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully the family can move on
They did. To Florida.

No matter who dies when or what the circumstances are, it's a loss.
Sometimes I miss my parents.
And I'm sure they will always miss they're son.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In other news, a college student acted like a college student.
A college student acted like a lot of other college students.
But not all college students do, did that crap. I never once touched marijana, nor did my closest friends.

I took a harsher stance when this first happened, when it messed up our team Mojo back right before our playoff game. I did so because I knew this was no act of nature. I figured, assumed correctly that this was the stupid kid's carelessness, recklessness, which caused ALL THIS heartbreak to his family, and messed up our beloved team.

I try to look for the positive in bad news like this, and I guess it is that his own rebeling didn't lead to any DWI-caused death to an innocent bystander like we all too often hear about. At least he didn't demolish and crush other familiies lives forever as well as his own.

Bottom line is this kid's bad choices is what caused it all. He had caused grief for his parents on many occasion before this.
Lesson to the kids here: Don't do drugs.

I still find it amazing that our perhaps "greatest season ever" was derailed partly due to 2 things: this kid, and Matt Flynn playing while Rodgers rested & got a bit of rust. What a tragic turn of events. I feel a hole in my heart from what could have been a great season. Almost seems like I lost a family member.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But not all college students do, did that crap. I never once touched marijana, nor did my closest friends.

I took a harsher stance when this first happened, when it messed up our team Mojo back right before our playoff game. I did so because I knew this was no act of nature. I figured, assumed correctly that this was the stupid kid's carelessness, recklessness, which caused ALL THIS heartbreak to his family, and messed up our beloved team.

I try to look for the positive in bad news like this, and I guess it is that his own rebeling didn't lead to any DWI-caused death to an innocent bystander like we all too often hear about. At least he didn't demolish and crush other familiies lives forever as well as his own.

Bottom line is this kid's bad choices is what caused it all. He had caused grief for his parents on many occasion before this.

I still find it amazing that our perhaps "greatest season ever" was derailed partly due to 2 things: this kid, and Matt Flynn playing while Rodgers rested & got a bit of rust. What a tragic turn of events. I feel a hole in my heart from what could have been a great season. Almost seems like I lost a family member.

Let me just take this paragraph by paragraph

You took a harsher stance? What does this even mean? The majority of people that I saw on this board and on TV/Sports outlets were not saying this was an act of nature and that police were still investigating what happened. I think you need to learn how to use a little more tact when talking about the deceased. I think your true colors show in the last sentence saying "caused ALL THIS heartbreak to his family" - you should have ended it there, but you threw in messing up our beloved team. Football is a game. Somethings are more important then winning or losing. Was it careless to go out on ice when you are inebriated? Yes, but what if this kid had done this many times before when he was sober and it's something he does to just chill out and there was just an accident this time.

Why are you trying to look for the positive in an accidental death? You talk about this kid rebelling as if you are personal friends with him. Also, the positive you draw from a kid accidentally dying is the fact he didn't kill anyone while he was driving.....really?

We all make bad decisions. Maybe the kid was unlucky on this particular day and was a matter of inches from living. Maybe he wanted to die and changed his mine when he fell into the ice and thats when he was calling for help. I made ton's of poor decisions in college and learned from them all. Unfortunately, in this situation a life was taken and a family was affected.

I like your don't do drugs rally cry. If you really want to focus your anger on something that will matter, why don't you get mad at fast food restaurants that contribute to heart disease that kills 600,00 people a year. That's way more people then the roughly 10,000 people that die in drunk driving accidents every year.

Who gives a **** about a football game, a kid died. It is sad and embarrassing to read these thoughts - I feel very uncomfortable in this world sometimes. The season is over, get over it. This kid did not derail our season the New York Giants derailed our season. We played bad. You are really reaching for excuses with saying that the ONLY OTHER reason that we lost in the playoffs was because Aaron Rodgers was rusty. That's great logic. I am sure the packers coaching staff is thinking "yea...those are the only two reasons, that kid died and rodgers was rusty." Not that our offensive line couldn't block anybody, our receivers dropped a lot of passes, our defense couldn't get off the field on third down and Eli Manning was riding a hot streak going into the playoffs similar to what rodgers was riding last year. Nope none of that matters. It's just the fact you think a kid, who you don't know, caused us to lose a game and you couldn't buy another WORLD CHAMPION picture to show to your one friend.

Maybe instead of feeling a hole in your heart for what could have been a great season, have a hole in your heart for the Philbin family.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score

Young people are young people, they think they are invicible and do stupid things. I had several instacnes that should or could have gone badly when I was his age. Knew a couple of guys including my best freind who didn't make it. Villifying the dead does nothing. I am sad for his family more than I am sad for us. I too feel that the accident was the major contributor to the teams poor performace but the pain we felt was nothing compared to the familys.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's really nothing terrible about having either one of those things in his system. Now if he had crack or heroine or something of that nature in his system at the time of his demise, it would be safe to assume the kid had serious issues. But having what he had in his system is really nothing out of the ordinary.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts