PFT Rumour: Dante Hall on trading block

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well the 5th rd pick seem to be wrong....Would people still have done this for a 3rd rounder??

Chiefs | D. Hall trade update
Wed, 25 Apr 2007 09:19:11 -0700

Updating a previous item, Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs and St. Louis Rams have swapped third-round picks in this year's NFL Draft as part of the trade which sent WR Dante' Hall to the Rams Wednesday, April 25.

The deal was Hall for the 5th round pick PLUS swapping 3rd round picks (2 spots). So it was basically a 5th for Hall. He is a one dimensional player, but an important one. Returns are momentum turners, he was mister excitement for a couple of years.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah pyle... apparently you dont watch football... you just watch sportscenter.

Dante Hall had a couple remarkalbe runs 2 years ago.... and was a serious threat.

the last two years... hes been crap. hes not like a devin hester... where even when you concentrate on the guy you cant stop him... all you gotta do is game plan towards Dante Hall and hes an easy stop. get your facts right son, before come spouting. i wouldnt have given a 5th rounder for Hall. you can draft a fast guy in one of our many 7th round picks this year, and he will cost you WAY less than Hall would. another solid move in standing pat on some overrated ESPNmade noise.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he would have struggled here anyway. Only a small part of the return game is a unique ability of the returner. It is the other 10 guys in front that open up the holes. The returner then just need to see the lane and hit it. Wait, doesn't that sound a lot like what we are wanting our RBs to do anyway??

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah pyle... apparently you dont watch football... you just watch sportscenter.

Dante Hall had a couple remarkalbe runs 2 years ago.... and was a serious threat.

the last two years... hes been crap. hes not like a devin hester... where even when you concentrate on the guy you cant stop him... all you gotta do is game plan towards Dante Hall and hes an easy stop. get your facts right son, before come spouting. i wouldnt have given a 5th rounder for Hall. you can draft a fast guy in one of our many 7th round picks this year, and he will cost you WAY less than Hall would. another solid move in standing pat on some overrated ESPNmade noise.

You are a real wealth of football knowledge. I am having trouble not laughing

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol I can't believe people cry about not getting Dante Hall. haha

Hall isn't crap but he's not a great return man any longer. He's not Desmond Howard. He's good but not great. Certainly an upgrade. However people who complain about not getting Hall or those who act as if this is just awful that the Pack didn't do this are people who are born complainers and will complain at every single detail they can get their eye on.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OregonPackFan said:

Hall isn't crap but he's not a great return man any longer. He's not Desmond Howard. He's good but not great. Certainly an upgrade. However people who complain about not getting Hall or those who act as if this is just awful that the Pack didn't do this are people who are born complainers and will complain at every single detail they can get their eye on.

Now go tell me who was CRYING?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
OregonPackFan said:

I didn't say anything about crying. There are complainiers though.

And once again green bay is stood there been so Slow

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
OregonPackFan said:

Is that what that garbeled mess is, complaining?

You stated above it was an upgrade, yet you don't think people should ever question any non-signing. C'mon, I don't care about Hall, but as you said, it would have been an improvement.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
OregonPackFan said:

You stated above it was an upgrade, yet you don't think people should ever question any non-signing. C'mon, I don't care about Hall, but as you said, it would have been an improvement.

Where did I say people shouldn't question something? I simply said people who complain about something as little as this are simply taking their shot because nothing else is happening. They found something to complain about.

First this wasn't a non signing. It was a non trade in where we would of given up compensation. I said it was an upgrade over what we have now but I didn’t post anything on whether I would of or wouldn’t of done it. I really could care less had the Packers traded for Dante Hall or not. I think they are an 7 to 9 win team with or without him.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
OregonPackFan said:

Where did I say people shouldn't question something? I simply said people who complain about something as little as this are simply taking their shot because nothing else is happening. They found something to complain about.

First this wasn't a non signing. It was a non trade in where we would of given up compensation. I said it was an upgrade over what we have now but I didn’t post anything on whether I would of or wouldn’t of done it. I really could care less had the Packers traded for Dante Hall or not. I think they are an 7 to 9 win team with or without him.

The Packers would have been a bit better with him than they are now - Period! If thats complaining so be it.

It would have been funny to see the response had GB actually made this move. It would have been a whole different story. Flip-Flop Flip-Flop Flip-Flop

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers would have been a bit better with him than they are now - Period! If thats complaining so be it.

It would have been funny to see the response had GB actually made this move. It would have been a whole different story. Flip-Flop Flip-Flop Flip-Flop

Huh-huh because obviously everyone on this board can't disagree with any move or non move the Packers make...............

What if the Packers selected someone who would of had an impact with that 5th round pick. Mark Anderson finished ahead of A.J. Hawk in the rookie of the year voting last year and he was a 5th round pick from Alabama. I’m not saying they would of landed a guy like that but to say making this trade would of made the Packers better period is stretching it an awful lot especially if the Packers special teams continues to be poor in blocking.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

fo·rum (fôr'?m, f?r'-) Pronunciation Key
n. pl. fo·rums also fo·ra (fôr'?, f?r'?)

A public meeting place for open discussion.

Last time I checked people voicing there opinions are what this is Forum is about. Mortini was giving his opinion and frustrations with the lack of movement of the Packers front office. Whether it is Hall or any other player a fan chooses to support should be irrelevant to their opinion without being labeled a complainer.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

fo·rum (fôr'?m, f?r'-) Pronunciation Key
n. pl. fo·rums also fo·ra (fôr'?, f?r'?)

A public meeting place for open discussion.

Last time I checked people voicing there opinions are what this is Forum is about. Mortini was giving his opinion and frustrations with the lack of movement of the Packers front office. Whether it is Hall or any other player a fan chooses to support should be irrelevant to their opinion without being labeled a complainer.

Right and I was only elaborating on what oregonpacker said because he couldn‘t believe people were in his words crying about this. Pyle asked for who was "complaining or in his words crying" and I used Mort as an example. I didn't say he was wrong or right about doing it but since it was insisted upon me to give an example of "complaining" I used mort because he was the first post I saw.

If you have a problem with that that you can gladly send me a pm but I don’t like being pointed at for picking on Mort. I wasn’t the one who made a big deal over this. Take that up with other people.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
However people who complain about not getting Hall or those who act as if this is just awful that the Pack didn't do this are people who are born complainers and will complain at every single detail they can get their eye on.

YOUR exact quote!

Thank you Pack93z. Noone on here complained and if they did they have every right to do so. Sadly this was started by this

its dante hall guys calm down.... he hasnt had a good return season in two years.

It's the normal trigger-happy, lets jump to defend TT overreacting that you guys just run with.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
However people who complain about not getting Hall or those who act as if this is just awful that the Pack didn't do this are people who are born complainers and will complain at every single detail they can get their eye on.

YOUR exact quote!

Thank you Pack93z. Noone on here complained and if they did they have every right to do so. Sadly this was started by this

its dante hall guys calm down.... he hasnt had a good return season in two years.

It's the normal trigger-happy, lets jump to defend TT overreacting that you guys just run with.

Pyle where in that quote do I say he shouldn't be allowed to complain or post his opinions? Your putting words in my mouth. Your saying I said things that I did not say. To put it simple I said people found something to complain about so they took their shot at it. I didn’t say he shouldn’t or couldn’t . You whine non stop about people putting words in your mouth and now your doing it to me. It's very tiring and just plain wrong.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:

YOUR exact quote!

Pyle where in that quote do I say he shouldn't be allowed to complain or post his opinions? Your putting words in my mouth. Your saying I said things that I did not say. To put it simple I said people found something to complain about so they took their shot at it. I didn’t say he shouldn’t or couldn’t . You whine non stop about people putting words in your mouth and now your doing it to me. It's very tiring and just plain wrong.

Uhhh it's your quote not mine. How the hell am I putting words in your mouth?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:

YOUR exact quote!

Uhhh it's your quote not mine. How the hell am I putting words in your mouth?

I didn't say he couldn't complain. I didn't even call him a complainier. I used his post for an example because and maybe he really wanted Dante Hall. That's fine. You wanted an example I gave you one.

You said if someone wants to complain they have the right to do so and I agree. I never said he shouldn't or couldn't but you continue your ways as always.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude, your quoted post was made BEFORE I even asked who was complaining!!!!!!!

But like you originally said

It is what it is

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts