1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

PFT Rumour: Dante Hall on trading block

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by all about da packers, Apr 12, 2007.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    From PFT.com:

Now instead of saying the Packers will need to trade draft picks, I purpose that a more interesting possibility would be trading Ferggie.

Let's face it, our KR and PR have been pathetic, and Woodson last year (while he was solid) clearly shouldn't be a starting CB and our PR.

Ferggy is our KR, but he is injury plagued. We don't need Ferggie as a #3 WR at the moment, Martin showed potential, ditto Holiday, and Bodiford seems to have great potential. Hall might be able to add some speed to our attack, and that may open things up.

Plus he is cheaper than Ferggie.

Would you pull the trigger on a Hall for Ferggie trade? If no, what would you be willing to give up?

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,484
    wow...that is really interesting..

but who would eat Ferggies salary??

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think Freggie has a cap charge of 500,000 dollar signing bonus, so we'd take the cap hit on that plus the remaining amount of bonus that is spread over the remainder of the deal.

The base salary would be picked up by KC. They'd be on the hook for about 2 million (If I remember Ferggie's contract correctly), and for 2 million they'd be getting a potential #2 WR who at worst would be a #3 WR.

Similarly, KC would take a hit on Hall's remaining bonus cap charge for two years, and the Packers would have to pay his base salary.

4. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,484
    I think a Fergie/Hall swap like you mentioned would be about the only thing I wouldnt mind.

Like you I dont like the fact Woodson is our p/r...It would be nice to have some one whose job is stricly return man, ala- Howard..

Hall would fit that spot and would be able to step in to the wr role if needed..

5. rundemc

rundemc Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I know KC is weak at receiver but fergie would probably make them even weaker at receiver.

6. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    guys i laugh every time i hear Fergie's name mentoined as possible trade bait, i cant imagine any team that would want him in this league, the only reason the pack have him is that they want to save face by perservering with him and not admitting hes a bust

7. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I Love this idea of hall for fergie but i think woodson was ok on PR but hall at wr and returning kicks Sounds great

8. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Far too good to be true. I doubt KC would trade Hall for Fergie. A top KR/PR for an oft injured WR who has yet to live up to his potential. If TT got that offer he should jump all over it, but that's probably a trade that would only work in Madden.

9. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    in madden, KGB + Fergie + 4th round pick = Number 1 pick overall :D

10. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,484
    They cut Hunt, so I dont think it is an issue that they want to save face

11. robkeg

robkeg Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think any PR/KR is better than Woodson for the fact is I don't want Charles hurt returning a kick when someone else at a less pivitol postion can do the job. It is kind of like allowing Brett to hold for the field goals. What can you possibily gain? If we can get Hall for Ferggie and maybe through in last draft pick...pull the trigger TT.

12. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    NOBODY wants Fergy, except possibly TT, and even he will give up after this year. IMO, we have several young guys just aching to get on the field and I believe the talent is there. Bodiford, Ruvell, and Holiday are our "aces in the hole." Too bad we don't have a TE worthy of his salary. I have this feeling that WR will be our strength this year. Here's hoping MM gives them the chance to shine.

13. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Woodson should not be our returner.
    I'd love to trade Fergie for anyone including Hall, however, I don't think he's got much left either.

Ryan Pickett should be our returner. Let him run over those tiny gunners.

14. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    LOL.. The world slowest KO return for a touchdown...

15. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Care to pick one, and stick with it? :mrgreen:

16. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Hall is my wife's fav non-Packer. I remember seeing him in '03 against us. He single-handedly beat us. Every time he returned the ball, he set them up with easy field position. I even remember us kicking a kick-off out of bounds to avoid having to deal with him.

Would be awesome to have him on the Packers. Didn't he score a pair of TDs last year returning kicks? He may have lost half a step, but not much more. The guy is still good.

17. starpass

starpass Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    As a KC native and a chiefs fan...Hall stinks...he is washed up.
    I watched him the last few seasons...stop dreaming...he hit his stride was on Letterman and Leno...He has LOST it!!! He is no more dangerous as a return man than I am...He goes side line to side line...no more North and South...He was pathetic to watch last year...I would love for the chiefs to get rid of Hall...but not to my Packers...no...The chiefs are interested in the Gin WR from Ohio State as both a receiver or KR...hey...maybe the packers shoudl take Gin at 16.

18. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,484
    Traded to the Rams

ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Rams' long search for a return man ended Wednesday when the team acquired Dante Hall from Kansas City in exchange for a fifth-round pick in this weekend's draft.

19. OregonPackFan

OregonPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    trade fergie for a 7th rounder for christ sake

20. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    And once again green bay is stood there been so Slow

21. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    its dante hall guys calm down.... he hasnt had a good return season in two years.

22. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Quick Defense Mode, Defense Mode!!!!

It was expected. Nice return man for the Rams

23. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually Hall is declining as this states.

For those of you who need a summary, Hall averaged 22.8 per KR and 8.9 per PR last year. In 2003 he averaged 25.9 per KR and 16.3 per PR.

24. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Who cares about this guy - he had a couple a good plays a couple a seasons ago. Like Az-Zahir Hakim - sucks.

25. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,484
    Well the 5th rd pick seem to be wrong....Would people still have done this for a 3rd rounder??

Chiefs | D. Hall trade update
    Wed, 25 Apr 2007 09:19:11 -0700

Updating a previous item, Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs and St. Louis Rams have swapped third-round picks in this year's NFL Draft as part of the trade which sent WR Dante' Hall to the Rams Wednesday, April 25.