1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

PFT PRESEASON POWER RANKINGS: NUMBER 31

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Jul 3, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    From PFT.com

2. krd005

krd005 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So as we get older we become stupid???

You think these guys will have that much of a problem learning new term. and new schemes? Come on when they went onto high school they learned a new system. Then they go to college and learn a new system and then the pros and learn a new system but now that they have been around awhile they can't learn anew system.

Oh I forgot he is too bull headed. Whatever!!! The man (last year) had zero help around him and tried to make something happen. It didn't, so we hope for no injuries this year!

If anyone thinks any other QB would have had a better year with the talent last year is a dreamer.

People who rip on Brett must have short memories. I don't I remember life before Brett and it sucked. You people need to be careful because the grass isn't always greener on the otherside.

3. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The biggest misconception here is that it's a new system. Favre said himself that it's the same plays with different terminology. That doesn't sound like a new system, just some different words. The plays are the same, the reads are the same, the checkdowns are the same.

Don't forget that these type of predictions are the same arguments that writers use to select Minny and Washington as winners every year. This will be a down year due to transition of the new coaches and many young players, but #31 is ridiculous.

Unfortunately it's pick on the Pack time and the only response we have is: that's why they play the games.

GO PACK GO!!!

4. TheStone

TheStone Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Absolutely stupid stuff by PFT.

To sum it up:
    * Everything we didn't would have worked out for us.
    * Everything we did will not work out for us.
    * Every single player we had on the roster before the draft lost his talent.
    * Every player we aquired during draft is not to be mentioned except for Hawk, who can't succeed, because the other players lost it completely.
    * Lord Favre is not willing to learn the new terminology and will stubbornly call a play "Blue 74" when it's "Red 22"
    * Even Driver and Kampman, who where the lone standouts last year, won't help this year, because...because.....(I don't know! ::): They don't tell anyone ).

Let's continue this one:
    :lol: :lol:

5. SuperRat

SuperRat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I really like PFT but when it comes to the Packers, the guy just needs to be ignored alot of the time. He had written before that he grew up watching the Vikings, so you can't really blame him for being jealous of a player like Brett Favre. He has also written before that the Packers aren't that bad and mentioned how they lost so many games last year by so few points and that the Packers shouldn't be that awful. He writes off the free agents by saying that they didn't attend voluntary camp. Like voluntary camp wins games. It's just the talk of a Viking fan that sees that the Packers are down for the first time in quite awhile, and wants to savor the moment.

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Speaking of voluntary camp, according to some articles I've read, that's something that wasn't around for all that long.

I'm not saying it doesn't help, I'm sure it helps the new guys a lot, jus saying I don't think it needs to be weighed on heavier than ... hell then pre-season. I think pre-season is more important than OTA's as long as they attend Training Camp.

7. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am just sick of idiots who think we are one of the worst teams in the league. If you think we are going to do worse than last year your an idiot. I can understand to some deree people saying we will win 6 games but 31st? i am sick of these isiots

8. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's a bad site with bad writers period.... You don't refer to Favre as "lord" Favre if you want to be taken seriously. ESPN had us at 27, I think that's a fari assessment. Sporting News put us at a Sleepers and thinks they could win the NFC North. Don't buy into this.

9. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We might as well not even play the season and go straight to the second player picked in the draft right now. LOL

10. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    An early ranking by nfl.com has us at 22 a pretty fair assesment maybe alittle low but not bad