PFT on Favre

Andy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FAVRE SAYS HE’S NOT COMING BACK

Posted by Mike Florio on April 4, 2008, 10:50 a.m.

On Thursday, the Los Angeles Times reported that the agent for Packers quarterback Brett Favre has been quietly gauging possibilities for a trade of the retired signal-caller. The agent, Bus Cook, called the report “absolutely false.”

Regardless of whether Cook was indeed trying to line up a new gig, Favre says that he isn’t returning.

“That’s the last thing I’m thinking about,” Favre told Peter King of SI.com. “I have no idea where that came from, but it certainly didn’t come from me. I’m happy about my decision and I haven’t once said, ‘I wonder if I made the wrong decision.’ I know it’s the right one.’

“It’s crazy to me that I’m the guy they’re all talking about, and the story is out there everywhere, and I have nothing to do with it,” Favre said. “It’s not something I’m thinking about. It’s kind of funny. Even when I’m retired, they won’t let me stay retired.”

But the “they” here might very well be Favre’s agent. If the Times story is accurate, then Cook is the one who’s stirring up the trouble.

OP
OP
A

Andy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO. A thread where BRETT is quoted TODAY that he HAS retired. For good. LOL

OP
OP
A

Andy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those aren't my words, they were from PFT. But, there is some disconnect between Brett and his agent Bus Cook. Just look at his retirement press conference when Brett defused things that Bus said.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another product of bored journalists and bored fans. It's funny that they imply that Bus Cook is stirring the pot. Earlier this week Cook was asked about the rumor of Favre returning, and he said he hadn't heard anything about that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts