PFT.com asks, "Did Favre get roster bonus?

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just wondering this tonight as the bonus was to have been paid yesterday, I believe. The Packers are suspiciously quiet about it.

PFT.com also brings up a very important point, being, how would we feel about Favre taking $ 3 Million (if indeed he was given the roster bonus) and then basically saying, "Thanks a lot!!" and retiring?

My guess (and hope) was that this bonus was deferred as originally suggested by Thompson and Cook.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFaninBucLand said:
how would we feel about Favre taking $ 3 Million (if indeed he was given the roster bonus) and then basically saying, "Thanks a lot!!" and retiring?

I would feel a tad upset, as Favre has made millions upon millions of dollars through Green Bay over the last 13 years(plus endorsements).

But I am sure other 'people' here would feel Favre deserves to **** the Packers organization, because he played here for 13 years and got us one superbowl championship. 3 million? Let him take 13 million!!!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
tromadz said:
But I am sure other 'people' here would feel Favre deserves to **** the Packers organization, because he played here for 13 years and got us one superbowl championship. 3 million? Let him take 13 million!!!

Yes..I think after all he's done for the Packer organization...Favre should be able to physically **** TT in the ***...if he had a mind to...

Why not TT-romadz...??

(Didn't Sherman **** TT and the Packer organization for the same amount on his way out the door..??)

Man..you really are a FAvre hater..aren't you...??

Is that all he did...play for 13 years and only got one lousy SB championship.....Hell..I'm sure TT's boy Rodgers will have 3 of them in half that time...Right TT-romadz..???

Hell...it's easy..isn't it...Now that Lord TT is here to keep scumbag rapists like Favre from taking advantage of the hallowed Green Bay Packer football organization...?? I mean...how did Favre even get to play for the Packers since he obviously molests old ladies and small furry animals and is a person of low character according to you....?

Isn't that right....TT-romadz..??

Seriously? Wow... take a pill, goodness.

Tromadz,
I don't think he would take the money and leave. It has never been about the money to Favre. Now if he were to do that, that would be ******** the Packers no question about it. The bonus being delayed was the proper course of action.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
P@ck66 said:
tromadz said:

Yes..I think after all he's done for the Packer organization...Favre should be able to physically **** TT in the ***...if he had a mind to...

Why not TT-romadz...??

(Didn't Sherman **** TT and the Packer organization for the same amount on his way out the door..??)

Man..you really are a FAvre hater..aren't you...??

Is that all he did...play for 13 years and only got one lousy SB championship.....Hell..I'm sure TT's boy Rodgers will have 3 of them in half that time...Right TT-romadz..???

Hell...it's easy..isn't it...Now that Lord TT is here to keep scumbag rapists like Favre from taking advantage of the hallowed Green Bay Packer football organization...?? I mean...how did Favre even get to play for the Packers since he obviously molests old ladies and small furry animals and is a person of low character according to you....?

Isn't that right....TT-romadz..??

Seriously? Wow... take a pill, goodness.

Tromadz,
I don't think he would take the money and leave. It has never been about the money to Favre. Now if he were to do that, that would be ******** the Packers no question about it. The bonus being delayed was the proper course of action.

I respectfully disagree with you guys jumoing on P@ck66 when he defends Favre. Go back and read the thread in order. TTromadz is the one that constantly eggs people on with his "TT vs. Favre" bullsh1t. Moderators responding with "blah, blah, blah" and "take a pill" tells me that you are trying to influence the direction of the conversation with your authority. Obviously you are entitled to your opinion as a poster, but as a moderator, there is a fine line between adding your opinion and intimidating people.

I'm sure you notice that this forum has been a little venemous lately which to be honest, doesn't bother me. But if you go back and look, just about every conflict has involved one poster that loves to throw the word "idiot" around if you disagree with him. Again, I got no problem with this. Just be fair.

I only complain because I love you guys. This is by far the best Packer Forum around. It is the ONLY one I post at now.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not trying to influence anything. I thought that 66's post was a bit over the top and I should be edit it for content actually. I didn't see anyone say they "hated" Favre, directly or indirectly, and certainly a comment about Favre sodomizing or assulting members of the Packers staff isn't much on topic either.

I simply stated that if Favre took the money and then quit, that would be, improper. Then I futher said that it has never been about the money for Favre so I don't see that happening, followed by delaying the bonus until he has made up his mind was the proper course of action.

DePack said:
I only complain because I love you guys. This is by far the best Packer Forum around. It is the ONLY one I post at now.
Thank you for letting us know how you feel on what you see around the site. We certainly appreciate all of our members, and the lurkers too!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the last 2 posters.........for whatever reason, there seems to be an "attack" mode between a few of the people. It must have started before i became a member here. To me it seems like a "testosterone" blowout.
To borrow a phrase from the "Fantastic Four" movie........"FLAME ON!!!"

Sometimes a heated conversation is good.........sometimes, it just gets OLD!!!

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta say, this board is going downhill fast with this constant battle between Tromadz and 66. This isn't high school, or grade school for that matter.

Remember, arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauLeaper said:
I gotta say, this board is going downhill fast with this constant battle between Tromadz and 66. This isn't high school, or grade school for that matter.

Remember, arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded.

Duh.....Lambeau.....duh.....what you trying to say.....duhhhhh........LOLOL!!!

I know what you mean, and your right!
I don't know why.....but some people just go after each other.
"I know you are......but what am I???" LOLOL!!! :lol:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
LambeauLeaper said:

It's not going downhill. It's being taken care of.

:)

Just a tid bit of info. I was looking at another Packer Site that has been around for nearly 11 years and they have just over I think 1,100 registered users. We have been around for less than two years and have eclipsed 600 registered users.

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Just a tid bit of info. I was looking at another Packer Site that has been around for nearly 11 years and they have just over I think 1,100 registered users. We have been around for less than two years and have eclipsed 600 registered users.

yep great site, thank to whoever started it.

route25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers inhale and begin to hold their breaths

By Adam Schefter
Special to NFL.com

(March 17, 2006) -- Packers officials are expecting quarterback Brett Favre to inform them of his intentions for the coming season in the coming weeks -- by around April 1.

April 1 also happens to be the approximate date that Favre's $3 million roster bonus is due around, according to one person close to Favre. The date was pushed back from this week to early next month, yet it now seems only a formality.

All of Green Bay and Brett Favre followers are waiting anxiously on his decision.
The key point to remember about the roster bonus is that there is an "earn date" and "pay date", which is not scheduled until the start of the regular season.

So even if the Packers agreed to award Favre his $3 million roster bonus, they would not have to pay it until the start of the season, some time in September. Thus, the roster bonus that some have speculated is tied to Favre's much-anticipated decision about whether to play or retire will have no bearing on the quarterback's decision.

Favre will make it separate from the roster bonus, because it will have no bearing on the Packers salary-cap situation.

The thinking around the Packers headquarters is that the longer Favre delays his announcement, the more the chances increase that he will return. Of course, this could be wishful thinking on the Packers part; they want him to return.

But this is a feeling many in the organization have had since the season ended, and it has not subsided; only intensified. Their feeling now -- right or wrong -- is that Favre is likely to return. Favre will get the final say. Soon.

TRADE WINDS
Trade winds

This article may help everyone calm down about the signing bonus.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
arrowgargantuan said:
blah blah blah...

LOL - nice....

I look for Favre to email his answer thru to the Four-letter network this week.

Does anyone think he really prefers to become a UFA?

IF he DOES, he WOULD be one of the biggest hypocrites in sports, so...no I dont think he will. Favre is a good man.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
IPBprez said:
arrowgargantuan said:
blah blah blah...

LOL - nice....

I look for Favre to email his answer thru to the Four-letter network this week.

Does anyone think he really prefers to become a UFA?

IF he DOES, he WOULD be one of the biggest hypocrites in sports, so...no I dont think he will. Favre is a good man.

Forget it. I'll email Brett first and the response. His email still [email protected] ??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts