PFFFL II Report Card

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I let ESPN do the grading. I made the commentary.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I need a 2nd RB? I have MJD and Demarco Murray after my top pick, mccoy. I think I have the best RB corps in the league. Too each their own I guess. I like my team.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I hated on Ryan Matthews initially when I autodrafted him, but he will be the key to my team this year. With Shonn Greene and Toby Gerhart backing him up. Get healthy Matthews!!! :tup:

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as Lunchboxers team goes he is my pick to go all the way this year. Grading's be damned. Got Luck as an absolute steal in the 1st and like you said is STACKED at WR and K. The 2nd being the most important position on the whole team of course.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didnt grade. I just made the comments.
I'm just a little suspicious. Wood Chipper. Hmmm, there was a thug working for the Menonites Mafia who called himself the wood chipper a few years back. Tried to muscle in on home-made dairy product racket.

I do agree that you do have the best team. I think though, I am a close #2. Gotta Fly is strong also. I think it will come down to the 3 of us.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just a little suspicious. Wood Chipper. Hmmm, there was a thug working for the Menonites Mafia who called himself the wood chipper a few years back. Tried to muscle in on home-made dairy product racket.

I do agree that you do have the best team. I think though, I am a close #2. Gotta Fly is strong also. I think it will come down to the 3 of us.

I disagree that that Wood has the best team, and I also disagree that it will come down to the 3 of you guys :tup:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree that that Wood has the best team, and I also disagree that it will come down to the 3 of you guys :tup:
So the season starts today and what are the 'projected' point totals:

DD: 125
AM: 122
Fly: 121
Dubuque: 119
MBP: 118
Wood: 112
Pops: 106
GHTM: 101
ECLB: 94
VLT: 90

So what conclusions can you draw from this? Are the best 3 teams DD/AM/Fly? Maybe its early. Are VLT and ECLB in for a long season? Maybe its early. Is the Amish Mafia about the coolest clothing line you can think of? Yes. Does Wood deserve a ranking of A+ and the AM a C? Definitely not. If not projected point totals, how else would ESPN rank a team? I rest my case.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score

So what conclusions can you draw from this? Are the best 3 teams DD/AM/Fly? Maybe its early. Are VLT and ECLB in for a long season? Maybe its early. Is the Amish Mafia about the coolest clothing line you can think of? Yes. Does Wood deserve a ranking of A+ and the AM a C? Definitely not. If not projected point totals, how else would ESPN rank a team? I rest my case.
Besides the fact that ESPN's points projections are usually way off anyways lol I wouldn't look too much into the grades. Managing your team and starting the right people is just as important as who you draft.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You're going to base the best 3 teams in the league off the point projections for week 1? Really? :confused:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're going to base the best 3 teams in the league off the point projections for week 1? Really? :confused:
Hey, I come out as a close 2nd. Of course!

My point though is that what basis can ESPN give me a poor grade when it predicts me to have a high scoring team? Me thinks woody may have more input in the grades than he is letting on. And who suffers? The amish mafia, that's who. We have been persecuted for generations! When does it end? For the love of God MBP! Think of the children and what we are teaching them!

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I literally did not touch the grades lol. How the tool works is that ESPN grades the draft and put in it's own "funny comedy" lines like "is someone cooking bacon, or am i smelling a championship?". All I did was make my own commentary.

MiamiBeachPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I literally did not touch the grades lol. How the tool works is that ESPN grades the draft and put in it's own "funny comedy" lines like "is someone cooking bacon, or am i smelling a championship?". All I did was make my own commentary.

I still don't see how your team would be an A+ team :confused:

I could understand an A- for your team, but not an A+ :tup:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all see Andrew Luck in the first round as a mistake but Lunchboxer sees that pick as the guy who will carry his team.
There is 'beauty in the eye of the beholder' and then there is 'OMG! what heavy duty mind altering hallucinogenic drugs is that crazy bastard on?"

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
So I get downgraded by ESPN for not using their rating system to make my picks. Big deal. I used a wider variety of rankings than them.
Apparently it is Matthew Berry in particular that the grades are based off of. But yet I have never seen him win any major fantasy football leagues or competitions.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like my team will be hitting it's stride around week 3. I might admittedly struggle my first few games with injuries, but when week 3 rolls around, this hopefully should be my starting roster.

QB- Michael Vick/ Peyton Manning
HB1- Ryan Matthews
HB2- Rashard Mendenhall
WR1- Larry Fitzgerald
WR2- Andre Johnson
TE- Jason Witten
FLEX- Marques Colston
D- Seattle Seahawks
K- Alex Henery

I feel like that roster could compete with anybody. But we'll see.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts