PFF Grades Best/Worst for Week 2 VS Bears

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As always here we go, these are overall grades and must have had 10 snaps minimum:

Defense Best:

Jaire Alexander 78.9
Kenny Clark 78.7
Quay Walker 76.2
Dean Lowry 72.9
Preston Smith 70.7

Offense Best:

Aaron Jones 90.1
Randall Cobb 85.3
Aaron Rodgers 83.5
Sammy Watkins 80.7
AJ Dillon 73.6

Defense Worst:

TJ Slaton 38.7 (ftr he had a couple really big play assists including that goal line many say)
Jarran Reed 52.0
Rashan Gary 59.0 (his tackling grade is what nocked him quite low)
Adrian Amos 59.2
Eric Stokes 60.0

Offense Worst:

Royce Newman 49.6
Josiah Deguara 56.2
Elgton Jenkins 58.5
Tyler Davis 58.7
Robert Tonyan 62.1

Kingsley Enagbare again did quite well in very limited number of snaps (4) but scored 69.5 overall. We are going to have to have him take more snaps IMO as the season progresses...we cannot expect Preston and Rashan to continue being out there for around 90% of the snaps.

Look when you have only one guy on your worst 5 for either side beneath 50.0 THAT IS A VERY SOLID DAY truly.

Of note is the pressure destruction numbers Clark continues to put forth...putting up a second straight 90.0+ rating in pass rush...AWESOME!

Quay looked the part in coverages more this week than just last, and it showed in his coverage grade which was the highest out of anyone on the team at 87.3 (Jaire at 86.2 and Douglas 82.1)

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Brady loves to check down to the backs. If Walker continues to excell at coverage, it could be a difference maker.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mostly tracks for me although I thought Gary was really good overall.

I've been really impressed with Quay Walker. Plays like a veteran already IMO

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mostly tracks for me although I thought Gary was really good overall.

I've been really impressed with Quay Walker. Plays like a veteran already IMO

He missed a couple tackles and that dragged his score down from a PFF perspective. He would have quickly been up in the low 70s or high 60s had he cleaned that up

Reaction score
Yeah thanks that’s interesting.
Was that Walker that saved Fields diving to the Endzone? I can’t remember but it ultimately saved us 7 points.

Good list. The only thing that sticks out is I’m really surprised Preston wasn’t higher. He was probably a
80.0+ as best impact Defender on that field imo.
Obviously I know it’s not a perfect science here.

We need to get our Safeties involved more. We obviously need more cohesiveness on OL. Meyers had a poor day he was getting blown up and blown by that Chicago NT on n off all day.

Oh one more thing. We need free beer brats and kraut after each score

PS. Aiden Hutchinson shouldn’t have gotten his first sack on a +0.5 yard gain. It was a poor spot to say it was no gain as the QB passes LOS. A tie should go to the runner that’s not a sack it’s just a minuscule gain. Next thing you know we’ll have awards for the bestest postgame interview and prettiest water girl and referee.Come to think of it? Oh just Forget it

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Was that Walker that saved Fields diving to the Endzone? I can’t remember but it ultimately saved us 7 points.

No, Walker wasn't on the field for that play.

Good list. The only thing that sticks out is I’m really surprised Preston wasn’t higher. He was probably a
80.0+ as best impact Defender on that field imo.
Obviously I know it’s not a perfect science here.

Preston was a force as a pass rusher but like most others on defense he struggled as a run defender.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quay is a rookie, his game isn't technically sound and assignment sure yet. Nobody should expect that. But man can that kid play. It's so refreshing to see a Linebacker that makes mistakes at 100MPH instead of making them looking like they're stuck in mud all game long. He's good already, he's going to be great when he "gets it".

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see a lot of Stokes early 2021 playing out in Quay. He is making mistakes, and yet at times his physical gifts make up for them at times. Once, cuz I don't think it is a matter of if, it all starts clicking for him and mistakes lesson and reliance on his athelticism to make up for them goes away...you could have something VERY special in him.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Offense Worst:

Royce Newman 49.6
Josiah Deguara 56.2
Elgton Jenkins 58.5
Tyler Davis 58.7
Robert Tonyan 62.1

Three TEs and two o-lineman. I'd like to think we could get a TE off that list. Still a very weak position for GB. It's nice to see that there are not any skill players like Jones, Dillion or Watkins on the list.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Three TEs and two o-lineman. I'd like to think we could get a TE off that list. Still a very weak position for GB. It's nice to see that there are not any skill players like Jones, Dillion or Watkins on the list.

As I shared in the notes, when your worst 5 with 10 snaps includes guys north of 50.0 that isn't terrible at all on the whole. Even Tonyan was over 60.0...we've had games where that would net him top 5 or nearly.

Deguara did some amazing job on a few of our critical and big runs. He is playing quite well and picking up where he left off in his role in end of 2021.

Reaction score
As I shared in the notes, when your worst 5 with 10 snaps includes guys north of 50.0 that isn't terrible at all on the whole. Even Tonyan was over 60.0...we've had games where that would net him top 5 or nearly.

Deguara did some amazing job on a few of our critical and big runs. He is playing quite well and picking up where he left off in his role in end of 2021.
Good point. That Pass protect was suspect, but their was some really good blocking from our TE, WR group in general. Like 193 yards from AJ+AJ

D

Deleted member 6794

That Pass protect was suspect, but their was some really good blocking from our TE, WR group in general. Like 193 yards from AJ+AJ

In my opinion it's interesting to note that the Packers have used an extra blocker in pass protection less often in the first two games this season (23.3%) compared to 2021 (32.7%).

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
In my opinion it's interesting to note that the Packers have used an extra blocker in pass protection less often in the first two games this season (23.3%) compared to 2021 (32.7%).
When they have not had extra protection how's that held up? Were sacks given up? Honest question and am not sure that is something one can find via the internets.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Capt how does that compare to the Ervin year of the jet motion used a lot? I also have felt like I've seen even more routes by big dog than in previous years occurring. It's a promising statline IMO

D

Deleted member 6794

When they have not had extra protection how's that held up? Were sacks given up? Honest question and am not sure that is something one can find via the internets.

I'm sorry but there's no way for me to figure that out.

Capt how does that compare to the Ervin year of the jet motion used a lot? I also have felt like I've seen even more routes by big dog than in previous years occurring. It's a promising statline IMO

It's even more interesting that the Packers used an extra blocker on 36.3% of the passing plays in 2020.

As a side note, Lewis is running a route on a lower percentage of his snaps than during any season since he joined the Packers.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but there's no way for me to figure that out.

It's even more interesting that the Packers used an extra blocker on 36.3% of the passing plays in 2020.

As a side note, Lewis is running a route on a lower percentage of his snaps than during any season since he joined the Packers.

I'm betting its just me noticing it when he does more so and not normally. Appreciate it!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts